March 2019 Moms
Options

Loss of Nausea

I have been extremely nauseous/had extreme food aversions to pretty much all food in general and had trouble getting myself to eat for the past three weeks. (This is what prompted me to take a test in the first place) But as of this week I am actually hungry, eating more and feeling far less nauseous. I know I should be thankful but i’m Finding myself scared that something might be wrong if pregnancy symptoms are not as pronounced as before... Had anyone ever experienced this?

i’m 7w2d. First OB visit/ultrasound is next week.

Re: Loss of Nausea

• Options
    Symptoms can come and go.  I'd just be thankful that you are able to eat now without the nausea.  
  • Options
    This is pretty normal.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You already started a thread about this. It really isn't necessary to start another. You were answered over there.

I recommend calling your doctor if you're concerned. Or google. This is an extremely common concern, and it can be answered with a five-second google search rather than posting and waiting for a response. 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing why is it wrong to post this asking if anyone else has experienced it? Aren't we supposed to be supportive of each other? Isn't that why there is a community on here?
    Even I have googled things but have still come on here to see if anyone else is discussing it or wondering about it. 
    I understand informing them that they don't need to start another thread about it, but some people are new to this, give them a break.
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    @midwestmommatobe, I don't think you realize that this OP, @knottie503e9b9df5eb86ec already started this exact thread a few days ago. So this is now their second, identical, inconsiderate thread, which clutters the board, and they haven't even bothered to change to an easily taggable name.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with asking the question. But she already did so recently that her other post is still on the first page of this board. 

I'm certainly no fan of complete board organization to the point that there can't be a single stand-alone thread, but the thing is we do have two other places (symptoms and the questions thread) this could have gone without making two separate threads on this topic.  

Also, when it comes to actual medical questions, I direct people to research actual medical advice through searching google and then call their medical professional if they're concerned. The fact is, if you google this, you get a lot of results saying it could be a miscarriage and some that it could be nothing. So far, the two previous posters have said it's no big deal (and I'm not calling you two out! I think your advice is fine) and no mention of the possibility it could be a miscarriage. People saying it could be nothing, or "oh, you're miscarrying" doesn't change the facts of what's actually happening. And I worry when people ask for and then people give specific medical advice that posters could be dissuaded from calling their medical pro when it's warranted because no one on here knows the nuances of their situation. So yea, I'm not a fan of threads like this and don't think they're appropriate. 

Personally, I don't think the community is here for medical questions. I think it's for asking about the best stroller to get and how people are dealing with adding another sibling and general ways to deal with symptoms and morning sickness.
  • Options
    @keikilove THANK YOU! It’s ridiculous. To imagine that other women want to jump down the throat of someone who’s newly pregnant, nervous, and looking for companionship. I certainly didn’t envision it being this way, but i too am going along with it (to an extent) because this is my first baby and it’s a scary and exciting journey. But I’m with you. I don’t understand why newbies are treated so rudely. “Google it” is the b*tchiest thing anyone could respond to someone who is just trying to connect. Even if they’re not following the rules, and even if they don’t ultimately stick around. It’s a horrible way for women to treat other women ESPECIALLY during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    navetenavete member
    edited July 2018
    I'd like to add my 2 cents' worth here:
    When I first started lurking this app, I also thought a lot of the snark was rude and unnecessary and I was intimidated to join the community in case I *gasp* broke any of the rules. But as I stuck around and got a feel for the community, I began to understand why there are such responses. It takes a lot of work and energy to create a community, even an online one of complete strangers. And it can get exasperating very quickly when there are too many one-off posts from people who don't even care to check back in to see the responses their post procures. This user posted the same question twice and didn't even bother to respond to either one - I doubt she cares enough to be hurt by any snark. If she is hurt/intimidated, we welcome her to introduce herself in the intro thread, and go ahead and give us a piece of her mind here. We are all big girls, I think we can work through little hiccups like this.

That said, @keikilove @indigoheightsblog, I am sure you are not the only ones who feel this way. This BMB is a community built by all of us, with all our varying ideas and approaches, and your contributions could help shape the group into one that you envision as more inviting and supportive. Might I suggest jumping in and assisting with starting the regular threads (the FTM thread keeps getting forgotten for example) and welcoming newbies?

(Edited for spelling error)
  • Options
    @navete i wouldn't dream of starting a thread because i'm sure i'd get my head ripped off! :) 
  • Options
    Peace and love, everybody. :) Now, in all seriousness, I’m not trying to drag this conversation out or be annoying, but I really am wondering what the perception is that this app is for?

I’ve seen several posts over the last 2 months that say it isn’t for asking questions or starting unique threads. So, maybe I’m missing something. Can someone clarify how they see the purpose of this app? Thanks. 
  • Options
    Yes, I'd love clarification too..... I've always thought the entire sole purpose was to ask questions and it seems every time a question is asked they are met with rudeness. And yes, it's rudeness. 
  • Options
    @swanbrooner - i get it, i really do, but does no one understand that sometimes "what book am i currently reading" is not what a newly pregnant person wants to talk about? the connection that i, personally, am looking to make is with other experienced moms that can speak from experience and/or other FTMs that are going through the same emotions and feelings as i am. from what you wrote above, it seems like the only questions that are "allowed" to be asked are the ones everyone can relate to, and that doesn't seem logical. i just think everyone in this March 2019 group needs to be a little bit more understanding and give people a break. they might not know their nickname is knottie, or they might not know how to change it considering the bump's user interface isn't the best.

could it be that these people are looking for responses but they don't even realize they are getting them? i don't think anybody would go out of their way to post on the bump message boards if they "didn't care" to check back for responses....... what good would that do them? i just think that these "one-offs" are met with such hostility. i understand that for you guys it's the 500th one-off..... but for the person writing it, they don't realize this... they probably don't even realize they're doing something "wrong"..... they are not intentionally trying to hit a nerve with you guys, so certain people on these threads need to consider changing their tone to something more supportive and inviting. We need to remember that a one-off doesn't even realize they are a one-off.

Also... who cares?! I have been on this for over a month now and I personally have never not once been "irked" by a one-off post... in fact I'm intrigued by them. So I'm trying to wrap my head around why everyone gets so irrationally angry when they happen. Apologize for the long rant, but I've felt this hostility every single day for the last month (whether towards me or towards others) and it's really made me consider switching to another platform. I hope things shift soon, because there are some folks in here that I really enjoy chatting with! Thanks for your explanation and I hope you can understand where we are coming from as well. 
  • Options
    @mamaoftwomonkeys - i get that, and knowing that everyone's hormones are raging right now is why i've held off from saying much until today.... but i'm at my wit's end. i've been here since the end of june, i found out about my pregnancy incredibly early, so i have seen a few "nice" responses. HOWEVER, those responses never answer the question and only tell them where they should be posting the question. yes, it's rude to not respond on the Original Poster's part - but can you blame them? when they are met with rudeness, hostility, and no actual answers 90% of the time... what is there to respond to? other than bowing at everyone's feet and apologizing for their mistake? there's no response to give and i can completely understand why they would not be compelled to when the responses they got were hostile. i'd be turned off, too. in fact, i am. 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog I guess I just don’t see the redirections as hostility. The ones I’ve seen have been polite, but straight forward. If this was the TTGP board, it would be UGLY.

I DO get what you’re saying and how it could be upsetting to someone who is new, but I think that happens to a lot
    of people on TB at first as they learn the community norms and then they go on, get in a groove, and find amazing friends and conversations. 

There are weekly FTM check-in, due date week check-ins for people at the same phase as you, and the questions/symptoms threads are there too! I think what you are wanting is here. I mean, Randoms is even a great place to vent about what new anxiety being freshly pregnant has seized you with. 
  • Options
    @swanbrooner yes i have learned how these threads work now so i know exactly where to (and where not to) post my questions - however, not to continue to contradict you, but check out some of the responses i've gotten on "the appropriate" threads - even those are snarky!!! some responses are fantastic don't get me wrong - which is why i continue to post in these - but there are a few users who constantly, chronically feel the need to answer my questions as though i'm an idiot for asking. and it's not just me.... because i read through all the threads and i see others treated the same way. so even when you get in your groove and know what you're doing..... your questions are still met with virtual eye-rolls. it's really disheartening. anyway i hope it improves. 
  • Options
    Also, random thought here... has anyone else noticed it takes longer for things to get shut down or pinned on weekends? 
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited July 2018
    @JLaVO888 HA!  :D  That was funny. But honestly, I’m appreciating this convo because I’m getting more clarity about how people think this board should work (so I can get on board) and also learning I’m not alone in my perceptions. Thank you @indigoheightsblog for helping me feel sane!

I sincerely hope this becomes an increasingly positive & supportive place for *anyone* who posts. No newbie should have to go through a “hazing” phase to decide if they want to stick around. It really is a turnoff. 

My last Unpopular Opinion (yes I know this is in the wrong place! Lol!) I don’t buy into hormones being a valid excuse for bad behavior. If you wouldn’t send a snarky response at work or put it in an email to your friends, why subject other preggie mamas to it? Thanks! 

• Options
    I just to clarify... you don’t really think asking posters, newbies or not, to post in the correct place and read the guidelines we’ve set for ourself is in anyway rude, bullying, or hazing. Correcting someone is not hazing.

The reason the seasoned folks don’t do it is because they’ve already been corrected and learned from their mistakes. I know I’ve been corrected before and here I am!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I’m having flashbacks to being a TTGP newbie and reading the admonishment to lurk, lurk, and then lurk some more to figure out how the board operated prior to commenting and getting flamed. 
  • Options
    @swanbrooner 2015 TTGP would have chewed this thread up and spit it out just to chew it up again. Those were the days of major snark before things were monitored as closely. 
  • Options
    Holy s*** @mill1020 I am crying laughing at so many things in your post! Thank you for the history lesson, the biblical reference, and the misplaced preposition. All hilarious & heartwarming!!! Perfect reality check.  (Hope I can’t get banned for *** a curse word lol)

Now if only I could insert Prayer Hands & all the Clap Hands emojis. Amen, sister!
  • Options
    Honestly this place felt rude and hostile to me. Everyone freaks out about the username - guess what I changed it and it didn't work so I had to open a support ticket. Chill. 
  • Options
    @Knottie68725846, I think it’s just because people want to be able to talk to you and tag you without figuring out which eight numbers in the correct sequence go after the knottie portion of your handle.  When there’s more than one knottie person it’s tough to keep track of or to make sure you’re the one who is actually being tagged.  That sounds frustrating that it didn’t work to change it, ugh.  I remember when I was trying to figure out how to add a ticker and basically gave up because it would not. Work.  Lol
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Try logging out and logging back in and the username change should take place. Sorry, this has taken over your thread.
  • Options
    Freaking out?

I think this may be another “tone is difficult to read in text” situation.

Asking you to change it right away is more of a “Hey, please distinguish yourself from 10000s of others so we recognize you and get to know you”, not an attack. 
  • Options
    Just catching up on this. @JLaVO888 you in my opinion have been one of the few seasoned people to actually redirect kindly while also answering someones questions, so thanks for that. @mill1020 i LOVED reading your response!!!!!! it's 100% accurate and i don't think anyone is striving for perfection (after all, as you mentioned, this is a message board for strangers). But like you also graciously pointed out, if we were all in a room together face to face, people wouldn't be getting chewed out left and right. My entire career revolves around internet/social communication. While exact precise tone can not be depicted in text, majority of the time it's blaringly obvious what a poster's intentions are on any social platform. If TheBump has been worse in the past, or if other groups are even more snarky, that's their problem and it honestly doesn't surprise me... but i can only advocate for the group to which I belong. As @keikilove said, hormones aren't an excuse for bad behavior - myself included. We've got at least 8 more months (hopefully longer!) to use each other as guides, to bounce ideas and issues off of, and most importantly to connect as women and mothers. Let's all do that to the best of our abilities in a laid back, welcoming, virtual environment. Peace and love. 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Thank you to those who were kind and caring in their responses.
    this is my 5th pregnancy after two recent losses, and I was panicking, feeling anxiety about this situation I posted about...
    i am new to this app (my previously used one doesn’t exist anymore), and especially to this forum style thread thing. I find it really confusing and not user-friendly, so if I really take the time I might figure out how to use it I guess... I didn’t know how to find my previous post and never received notifications that anyone responded so thought maybe it didn’t go through. Needless to say that judging by a majority of the first responses that I received, being far more worried about the “rules” and user protocol, with a very uncaring tone rather than listening to another woman who is generally scared does not inspire me in the least to continue using this app. At least for the community aspect.

I wish you all the best and healthy pregnancies- just thought some honest feedback might be helpful before I bid this farewell.
  • Options
    Thank you to those who were kind and caring in their responses.
    this is my 5th pregnancy after two recent losses, and I was panicking, feeling anxiety about this situation I posted about...
    i am new to this app (my previously used one doesn’t exist anymore), and especially to this forum style thread thing. I find it really confusing and not user-friendly, so if I really take the time I might figure out how to use it I guess... I didn’t know how to find my previous post and never received notifications that anyone responded so though maybe it didn’t go through. Needless to say that judging by a majority of the first responses that I received, being far more worried about the “rules” and user protocol, with a very uncaring tone rather than listening to another woman who is generally scared does not inspire me in the least to continue using this app. At least for the community aspect.

I wish you all the best and healthy pregnancies- just thought some honest feedback might be helpful before I bid this farewell.
    i'm sorry for your losses, and i'm sorry that you didn't feel welcome in this group. happy to be someone to bounce questions off of, via direct message or on the side completely. feel free to reach out. wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! <3 
  • Options
    Sorry for your losses. I hope you do stick around. Have a healthy pregnancy either way.