March 2019 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In w/o 7/23

2»

Re: STM+ Check In w/o 7/23

• Options
    @TiffW2012 thank you! My midwife told me today it would be do you know if they will try by belly first? She’s only checking to get an accurate due date according to my last period I’ll be 9 weeks exactly though. 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I’m not sure.  If she said it will be transvaginal, I’m sure it will. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited July 2018
    TiffW2012 said:
    @ashley14598 Don't stress too much about the transvaginal US.  It's less unpleasant that and regular pap.  Do you know that it will be transvaginal?  I had an ultrasound last week at 7w5d and a regular belly one gave a good image.
    +1. I'm not having a dating scan with this baby, but I did last time. It was just a regular belly scan around 7-8 weeks, and they had no issues seeing the baby. They didn't even ask if I had a full bladder. 

Potentially, you could even ask if it can be a belly scan. 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 i had transvaginal dating scan for my first one at my first appt, it wasnt too bad. i wouldn't stress too much, i don't even recall it being as bad as a pap.
  • Options
    @ashley14598 transvaginal is definitely not as bad as a pap smear. Since they don't need to see anything in your vagina I don't recall them using a speculum and the wand is really thin.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options

How far along are you? How big is baby?

7weeks 5 days 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 

1 older daughter, 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week?

She was a champ this week. We had visitors and missed nap, just did a cross country flight with no issues. She’s seriously an angel.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?

Nothing right now!

GTKY: What's the most outrageous/unbelievable thing someone has said to you while pregnant/with your kids?

Ummm, the flight attendant on our flight today asked me when I was due!! I am not even 8 weeks and I don’t even think I look any different! (Maybe the all carb diet isn’t working out for me...)

• Options
    @JScamelipardalis yikes! I was asked when I was 9 months post with my son! My belly never went back to how it was before. At least you were actually pregnant but I HATE that people feel they have the right to ask any woman that question. 
  • Options
    Hi guys! New to the board!

6weeks 5 days, the size of a pea.

DS who will be two this weekend!

I love this age and he is so much fun! But he's always wanting me to carry him and rough house with him, which I'm kind of worried about with the LO in my belly? Not sure if I'm too paranoid. 

With DS I had an ultrasound at 6 wks due to bleeding. Since everything with this pregnancy has been normal so far, my first prenatal visit and ultrasound aren't until 10 weeks. The wait is driving me crazy!

GTKY: What's the most outrageous/unbelievable thing someone has said to you while pregnant/with your kids?

My neighbor, who is a fifty-year-old guy, asked if the pregnancy was planned. Like I would maybe talk about that with my five closest friends, but I barely know you, dude!

• Options

4.5 weeks. Just brand new. 

2 year old daughter :) 

She’s having a great week! We babysat my friends 7 month old and she LOVED it. Made me super excited to see her as a big sister! 

Just anxiously awaiting my appointment August 24th. These first weeks are tough! Trying to stay positive the best I can.

Hmmm. Can I touch your belly?

When has that EVER been okay?