July 2018 Moms

The Great Facebook Debate

Now that July is coming to an end and many of us have had our babies (and TB is horribly glitchy), we are talking about making the move over to Facebook if/when everyone is comfortable. 

So... when should we move? 

The Great Facebook Debate 51 votes

Now!
43% 22 votes
8/1
15% 8 votes
8/8
21% 11 votes
Later than 8/8
0% 0 votes
Never- I prefer TB
19% 10 votes

Re: The Great Facebook Debate

• Also does anyone have any ideas on how we should move over? 
    I like how June did it, but if anyone has other thoughts let’s hear it! 
  • My last BMB invited people via pm and since I only use the app I didn’t see the invite until like months and months later. That was also on TCF though too so maybe that had something to do with it...  regardless I missed out with my last group and I don’t want to again!
  • Loading the player...
  • zande2016 said:
    @acunamatada I’m not familiar with how June did it. I guess I can go back and stalk to see, but basically I don’t care too much how it’s done, I just want to make sure we are only having people we recognize and not random lurkers or people who never participate, just to protect safety and all that. 
    Ditto. 

run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • And846And846 member
    Agree. Maybe even migrate over in a one or two week window to control who comes...so a month later people unknown don’t try and make way over. And it keeps dialogue fluid if all done at once.
  • I'm ready! And yes, the more controlled the better...I guess whoever sets it up can receive DMs here on the bump with the names to add to group? Then they can send the group invite via Facebook messenger?
  • zande2016 said:
    @acunamatada I’m not familiar with how June did it. I guess I can go back and stalk to see, but basically I don’t care too much how it’s done, I just want to make sure we are only having people we recognize and not random lurkers or people who never participate, just to protect safety and all that. 

I dont remember the specifics, just that they were very selective in weeding out the randoms and lurkers. 
  • I know I was super late to get involved in the board, and could be better about contributing regularly, but would definitely like to come along if there’s a move. 
  • They= whoever sets up the group
  • @hillbillywife That's a great idea! Would make things way easier for whoever ends up starting the group
  • +1 to @hillbillywife idea. I haven't participated in weeks because I don't have regular access to a computer while I am out of work and the mobile app is the worstttt. Let's move soon!!!
  • My previous Bmb has always had two administrative people also- I think that is a positive.
  • millpemillpe member
    I definitely think there should be more than 1 person making the call. If I remember correctly from June I think they had a few people move over that were definite regulars and then had a group vote or people vouch for others as they requested to join (I don't remember exactly). 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • My last BMB was a bit different because we retreated to a private board on TB mid pregnancy because of some drama and ban hammer issues but when we did make the move to FB we all had to post a “tribute” picture that was us, with a visible bump/baby, holding a sign with our handwritten Bump name and a spoon (for randomness to keep people from finding a random pic and altering it). 

Once the “core” group was admitted, we started voting on whether we thought someone participated enough to be admitted to the FB group too. 

• @comealongponds where did you post the photo? On the bump? I’m just not too crazy about showing my face on here. I have a couple times but generally prefer to crop it out. 
  • @zande2016 no it had to be posted in the FB group within 24h of being admitted or you got booted out again. I crop or cover my face here too. 

• zande2016zande2016 member
    edited July 2018
    Ahhh got it @comealongponds. I’m all for extra security against any potential cat fish 

ETA I think having at least two administrators is a good idea 
  • I like @hillbillywife suggestion as well. 

@comealongponds the photo is interesting. I like any ideas that help with security.

I hardly use FB and don't even have a photo of me on there, but would definitely join if the group makes the move. I'm tired of issues with TB and I'm really missing you all, I haven't been on much because it's too hard to get on my laptop currently and the mobile app sucks.
  • I was just thinking of when this convo would come up again! - I agree with all the safety measures people have suggested above including the funky picture request. 
  • Yeah I was not as active on TB as I was last time because I just couldn't keep up with the long threads, and now I can barely type due to the lag on the mobile app, so usually I just give up halfway through my response. 
  • And846And846 member
    Love the idea of extra security measures and the photo that @comealongponds suggested. Sad we even have to think about these things but I’m glad we are taking precautions early on 
  • Agree to all this! Haven’t had much time for the bump bc of app issues but I could def participate in FB more. 
  • I agree with the multiple admins. Many of the groups I'm in have rules about no personal attacks, no sharing anything personal that's posted outside of the groups, etc. 

I might be okay with someone joining later that wasn't super active here if she agreed to and abided by those policies. 

As I tried to respond to this, the app crashed.
  • Are there any regulars with a potential induction date later than 8/9? That's what my goal one would be, so I voted for 8/8 because I thought I'd be the last possible birth at 42 weeks and a due date of 7/26 (today!!). I didn't want to make everyone wait for me and I think the other mentioned late induction date was on 8/8?
  • sm05-2sm05-2 member
    Also up for a FB group eventually once all mamas get to share their news. 
  • Definitely like the FB idea. I never get Bump notifications and forget to check it and get behind. 
    I think a questionnaire to weed out those not in this group is a great idea. 
    I'm having little peanut tomorrow so idk how active I'll be in the coming days, but definitely want to be included in the move. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @SmashJam Yup, my induction date is set at 8/8 right now. Hopefully earlier if I can swing it, but that's where I am for now.
  • @smashjam I think I remember one regular besides you with an induction date around then but blanking on who it is. I am totally fine with waiting til after the later births if that’s what the end of monthers want.