December 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments • w/o 7.22

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments • w/o 7.22

• Katzalia said:
    @Activebaby I think that is a routine aspect of all prenatal care bc they are supposed to counsel us on weight gain (the right amount/not too much). It’s not just about billing, but standards of care — the stuff they have to address with every pregnant woman. I wouldn't interpret it as being specifically about you or your weight, though I know weight is a super touchy subject and any reference can be triggering.   
    True. It’s also about standards I agree. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ab_canada what great news!  Except that baby was stubborn ;)  maybe that's a good thing too, though.   Sounds like you definitely have the right group of doctors looking out for you and baby. 
  • @ab_canada so glad to hear you got so much info today and that there is a great plan in place to take care of your lo! Hope you can relax a bit now and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! And thanks for the echo info! 
  • @ab_canada So glad everything went well and that you have a great care plan for your LO! <3
  • @ab_canada Soubds like you have a great team working with you! I’m so glad everything went well.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @ab_canada I am glad that all went well and it sounds like you have lots of support and a great care plan!
  • @ab-canada I'm so glad you had good appointments and have plan in place!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @ab_canada <3

@hkom I hope the pessary works!

ive got my a/s on Friday. Really struggling with whether to tell the kids the sex. DD is dying to know, but we were going to make it be a surprise. I’m so torn. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat Maybe you can do a mini reveal with just the kids? With colored cupcakes or something like that. It would be a fun way for them to find out.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @runrinserepeat how old are your kids?  We told our 2.5 year old and didn’t do anything special because we figured she wouldn’t really care.  We were wrong.  She cried it wasn’t a girl.  She tell people it’s a girl and when I correct her she still gets a sad look.  It’s been 3 weeks.  I am pretty sure My body will not allow for a third pregnancy but darn it put me on a list we need a second baby girl!!!
  • edited July 2018
    @LLynde5 they’re 4 and 6. They both want it to be a boy but they’re old enough that They won’t be disappointed, it’s just a matter of whether we keep it a surprise for not.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @lexidawg
    can you remind me again why you are having a 37 week csection? yay for everything else
  • @lexidawg Ouch! Even the word "rupture" just creeps me out.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • I’m glad everyone’s appointments are going well!
    @lexidawg I am also curious as to how they decided on 37 weeks. If I have a repeat c-section, I was told I couldn’t schedule any earlier than 39 weeks. I was hoping for like 38 weeks and a few days because 39 weeks is Christmas Eve.
  • @echo-charlietango Me too!  I was trying to convince the doc to wait until 38+ weeks.  She said we can do 37+ a few days but really recommends not more than that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @katy0990 I would think it would be because you aren't at risk if you go into labor prior. They would just do the csection.  With me... the risk is actual laboring.  But that is my guess.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg That makes sense!
  • @ab_canada glad your appointments went well! Sounds like you have great support within your hospital system! I'm such a planner too so it's hard to accept there are things you can't fully plan for.

@Whitmore1027 I'm glad they were able to find baby's heartbeat. That would have totally stressed me out!

@lexidawg glad you had a good appointment! Did you pick your C-section date already? 
  • @gingersnap-mama No. Not yet. I wish! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me too! I asked at my last appt because the 39th week is my bday (Tues). Dr said we'd discuss c-section date around my 32nd week. Boo