October 2018 Moms
Options

Baby's First Halloween Costume

2»

Re: Baby's First Halloween Costume

• Options
    I talked to my husband about the kids being Batman characters and he loves the idea for the boys, but said that E should be able to choose her own. True...a. A was a dinosaur his first Halloween and Jake from the Disney show his second. 

I’m not sure what we’ll do for Trick or Treating this year. The baby will be 2 weeks old at the youngest on Halloween so I’m thinking that I’ll wear him, go with them to the houses on our culdesac and then let my dad and DH take the big kids around. I’ll probably just stay home with my mom and hand out candy. 
  • Options
    I’m not going to worry too much about a Halloween costume for the new baby this year. I will probably do cute Halloween pajamas or a cute onesie/hat combo.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last year my son was 3 weeks old we made a wolverine costume and this year he will be wolverine again because he is a little wolverine but the muscley costume this time and new DS I have no idea yet. 
  • Options
    @tlmill I love their costumes! Before I decided on rugrats I wanted to Charlie brown lol
  • Options
    @tlmill those are adorable. And I like that you have the kids alternate who picks. 
  • Options
    FYI Burt’s Bees Baby has their Halloween PJs for $10 right now, super cute! https://www.burtsbeesbaby.com/organic-pajamas/halloween-pajamas
  • Options
    Childrens place has some Halloween stuff (pj's, onesies, a dress) all on clearance. I may or may not have bought a few things last night. Haha 
  • Options
    I’m due on the 29th but since DD was a few days early I’m hoping this one will be too so that we can do Halloween. DD wants to be a pirate so I was thinking of getting the baby a pirate onesie since it’ll most likely be only a few days old. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    Bumping this because it's been asked where people have bought nb and 0-3 costumes in the past or had any ideas! 
    Aaannd in hoping more mommas post their costumes ideas because I love them :D
  • Options
    I found a newborn costume at a kids consignment sale for a couple dollars. It's a cute little duck outfit (jacket and pants) and looks comfy for a newborn. I'm not fully convinced I will put him in a costume, so I didn't want to spend a lot. 
  • Options
    Thrift stores are the absolute best! I'm so excited to have one close by with tons of baby clothes! That's where I'm planning on finding clothes to through together a "costume" outfit for the twins (:
  • Options
    My sister is dressing her and her daughter up as Pete the cat. Getting a Hawaiian shirt and putting on big honkin buttons. It’s gonna be awesome.

Halloween is dh’s favorite holiday, but I’ll probably be 1-2 weeks post partum so might bow out and let him have fun with dd (3) who wants to be either a dinosaur or a cat.
  • Options
    I have a policeman onesie but that's it. .. he'll literally be so little. But the older kids will be going trick or treating with my husband. But I'm doing a big costume. I'll be stuck at home with him.
  • Options
    DD was born on the 29th and I was discharged the 31st. I did a little bit of house hopping with DH and DS (he was almost 2) and then hunkered down at home with DD. Since this one will be not as new and I'll be not as fresh, I hope I can go out more this year! Lo will wear a Halloween outfit I got for DD (and that she wore home!). LO will be in a carrier, so no one will really see her anyways. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    i have some halloween/ghost sleepers, but no actual costumes.  I might splurge on something after he arrives, but i'm not currently inspired by anything for someone that tiny, lol.  my oldest was 3 months and we did a superman costume since Target had the superman zip up pjs with a cape.  Hoping to find something that "easy" this year.  :)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers