Infertility

July 2018 IVF

Re: July 2018 IVF

• bkatpbkatp member
    @lemondrop1976 its hard not to think about whats going on in you, even during all my miscarriages i used to read every single symptom which didnt help me anyway but only to stress out more. Try to occupy yourself for these 3 days. You are almost there be positive.

I had moderate OHSS and was unable to walk for 2-3 days, thankfully it is almost over now tomorrow is my last injection for ohss.

@mayflower513 thank you for assurance. Waiting for tomorrow to hear back on status. I am just worried bout 0 out 12
    @Babydust2507 welcome
    @katie35 how are your embbies doing ?
    @kbenner2 any update on your end and are you getting ready for tomorrow and tww?
    @anared are you almost there for trigger then?
  • Loading the player...
  • anaredanared member
    @bkatp My trigger should be sometime in the next few days. I think my follicles are growing a bit slow, so they increased my dose for last night and they grew about 2mm since yesterday's visit. Today the nurse practitioner said they want the follicles to be at least 22 mm. I have some leaders around 20/21 mm but most are still in the teens. The cyst on my right side took up a good amount of space so there are less follicles on that side, but they are growing. I am waiting to hear my update for tonight.
    I don't think I will have the number you had based on the rough estimate they gave me the other day, but hoping whatever they get will be mature. How are you feeling with the OHSS? Any more updates on your embryos?
  • 11dp3dt; So, I noticed after doing 3 suppositories 3x a day for the past 12 or so days that today was different....I now have clear to white CM starting. Does this mean anything to anyone?
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @anared I dont think number of follicles or number of eggs retrieved matters. More follicles might pop up on the day of your retrieval and quality matters. I had 24 retrieved and only 12 fertilized so far. I saw some where that people who have more than 15 eggs retrieved end up having same number of blasts as people with teen numbers. Ill know about blasts conversion tomorrow. 

@katie35 I am doing a FET probably in September if everything goes as planned
  • @bkatp I’m so sorry the OHSS has been so awful!! Hopefully you had someone waiting on you hand and foot! So glad you’re through the worst of it! 

@anared how exciting that your getting closer to trigger!! Is the cyst bothering you at all? Keep us posted on how your follies are doing! The sizes of them sound great right now! I also agree with @bkatp .... more eggs are not always better. I too had 24 eggs retrieved but only 11 fertilized. Fingers crossed for your retrieval!!! 

AFM... tomorrow morning is our embryo transfer! I’m excited but super nervous to hear how our embryos are doing. We haven’t had an update since finding out the fertilization report on day 1. My clinic only does 5 day transfers and they do not check embryos throughout the 5 days as they feel it’s best to leave them Undisturbed. I’m sure that’s best for the embies  but makes me really nervous for tomorrow’s results!! 
    Me: 32   DH: 37 
    Married: 06/21/2008
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:
    IUI #1-bfp DS born 07/06/2010

TTC #2:
    IUI #1: Sept. 2017 - cancelled (ovulated too soon)
    IUI #2: Oct. 2017 - bfn
    switched clinics
    IUI#3: Nov. 2017 - bfn
    IUI#4: Dec. 2017 - bfn 
    Hysteroscopy w/ ovarian diathermy: Feb. 2018
    IUI#5: April 2018 - bfp (chem. preg)
    IUI#6: May 2018 - bfp (chem. preg) 
    IVF #1: July 2018

• Sorry @lemondrop1976 I am not quite sure?  

@bkatp good luck on getting your report tomorrow!  This waiting is awful but fingers crossed you get good news!!  If things go as planned, I might also be a September transfer.

@anared you have to be close to trigger!  I know the follicles tend to grow faster towards the end.  

We FINALLY got some news today.  Sounds like out of the 7, 1 didn't make it, 5 have made it to blast, have been biopsied and are frozen, and 1 other is still growing.  They are hoping it will be to a point where it can be biopsied and frozen tomorrow.  Sounds like it takes about 2 weeks for the results to come back.   More waiting!
  • @kbenner2 GL tomorrow with your transfer, I'm sure everything will go great!
  • Thinking of you today @kbenner2 Good Luck!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited July 2018
    Good Luck @kbenner2 for your transfer today.

I am still waiting for my report, last time they sent the report by 8AM. But no report so far after fertilization report, inner me is starting to freak out. Yes even my clinic doesn't do any updates until day5 if u transfer, day6 for frozen cycle
  • anaredanared member
    @kbenner2 how exciting! good luck with your transfer today! I have been really careful about the cyst and my activities, I haven't felt much of it even thought it is growing. 

@katie35 5 is a great number! fingers crossed for the results! 

@bkatp thanks, that makes sense now that you say it. All the best for your blast report today! 

I am waiting for my update from this mornings appointment. I increased my Menopur and Gonal F the last two days and have been doing cetrotide twice a day. My ovaries are so heavy. They told me yesterday that my left is sitting behind my uterus and I am getting sharp pains and pressure when I sit or move in certain ways. As of this morning it is still behind my uterus, the nurse said its going to feel that way because it is being pulled now, so I need to rest. I have one follicle at 23 and a bunch at 20 and 19. I know they said they want them to be at 22 but I really hope they just let me trigger. I was doing pretty good up until the dose increase but everything got way more uncomfortable since then and I am really worried about the position and weight of the left. 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited July 2018
    @anared you will probably receive trigger call today. Sorry you are having pain, should be over soon. 

I got a msg saying I have 6 frozen embryos ( 5  day5  and 1 day6), of them 3  4BB+, 1 4BB-, 1 3BB+, and 1 3BB-. I am so relieved. she said 10/12 grew to day 5 but rest 4 were not good quality.
  • @kbenner - hope things go well today!! 

@katie35 - Positive thoughts for your PGS testing results

@bkatp - Frustrating they didn't give you a bit more info, but perhaps when you talk to them you'll find out more?  The numbers you have for testing sound great though, hopefully it all goes well. 

@anared - sorry to hear you've had so many side effects from the process.  From my one cycle experience, I would also think they should have you trigger soon.

AFM...first ultrasound today showed progress, it's nice to know the meds are working.  They found 20 follicles, most around 9/10 but a couple at 13. Will know later if I need to change up the protocol, etc. 
  • @bkatp - glad to hear you got more info!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks @mackorori. Which day of stimulation are you at?

Yes it is frustrating not knowing anything. They actually gave me explanation when I called and left message. 
  • @bkatp I'm on day 5, tentative retrieval date is the 25th. 
  • GL on your retrieval @mackorori, it will be on my bday! and I will add your retrieval to my bday wishes :) !
    @bkatp congrats on the good numbers! waiting can be annoying and frustrating but your BFP is not far now!
    @kbenner2 hope your transfer went well, keep us posted!
    @anared sorry you're going thru pain right now but it's almost over!
    @katie35 congrats and GL

• My fresh transfer yesterday went great! Thank you all for your thoughts! We transferred one 3AA embryo... they said it was probably a couple hours from being 4AA. Feeling blessed to have one good embryo! On the flip side... I got the call this morning about the rest of our embryos and absolutely none of them made it to freeze. Talk about a punch in the gut. The embryologist said they all stopped dividing/growing. It was definitely crushing to my heart as I was hoping we’d have another try with some frozen embies if this didn’t work. Trying not to let sadness overwhelm me and just be positive and excited about this sweet perfect embryo inside of me. Praying and praying this is our baby! ❤️

*sorry...I don’t mean to be a downer... it just hit me a little harder than expected this morning. 
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• anaredanared member
    @bkatp wow! 6 frozen is great! when are you doing your transfer?

@mackorori it sounds like your first sonogram went well. those are good numbers! they didn't change my protocol until day 10 but I had a longer stim cycle, my follicles were growing a little slowly. 

@babydust2507 thank you! are you almost ready to start stims?

@kbenner2 I am so happy for you that the transfer went well yesterday! I understand how hard it is to think about the other embryos, but as you said keep positive about the perfect little one you just got to transfer. Sending prayers and positive vibes your way! 

AFM, I am so happy I got to trigger last night.I woke up in the middle of the night with deep throbbing pains on my left side. I was so worried that something happened to my ovary but I walked around the living room a bit and the pain subsided after 20 minutes. Everything looked fine according to the sonographer this morning so I may have just slept wrong. I still feel pulling if I move or sit a certain way so I am just going to be more cautious until the retrieval tomorrow. Today they told me that another doctor would be doing my retrieval, my husband and I were a little taken back that our doctor wouldn't be there. The nurse said it happens depending on the doctor's schedule, I guess mine is not there Fridays? Who knows, I actually haven't been seen by my doctor since my water sonogram and trial transfer. I have had the other doctors in the clinic or the NP doing my monitoring. The doctor I have tomorrow had done one of my IUIs a few months ago, but it does make me nervous because this is a more involved procedure and I know the least about her. But there is nothing I can do at this point but hope for the best. She seemed nice when she came to introduce herself briefly today. 

Was wondering if anyone had a different doctor for their retrieval? 
  • @anared I actually had a different doctor do my retrieval and transfer! I was a little thrown off by it but my doctor was out of town on vacation. She was really kind and comforting and knowledgeable... I just went with the flow. What else can you do?! Best of luck at your retrieval tomorrow!!! I’ll be thinking about you lots! 
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• Congrats @kbenner2! And sorry you're a lil down that you won't have any embryos to freeze but think about it this way, you won't need another try because you'll get your BFP! 
    @anared I'm supposed to start stim on the 28th, my baseline is on the 25th, and I know exactly how you feel about having a different dr do your retrieval, that's the reason why they had me longer on a BCP because my doc wouldn't be present on the retrieval that was planned before, so I agreed to stay longer on the BCP, but they all professional that's what I keep telling my DH, we just need to say positive. Sending prayers your way!
  • @kbenner2 - I'm sorry to hear about the other embryos, but glad the transfer went well and sending thoughts and prayers this will be the one!

@anared - I also had a different doctor do my last retrieval, but the docs at my clinic work together as a team so they work different days for procedures and I've seen different ones for certain tests, so it was less of a concern.  I'm sure your doc wouldn't let just anyone take his/her patient and you are in good hands.  So you will go in for the ER tomorrow?
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @kbenner2 Congrats on transfer, happy to know it went well. Sorry about other embryo's but please stay positive as all you need is 1 good embryo. You have perfect 4AA embryo high chances of it being your baby. Dont loose hope. 

@anared congratulations on your trigger, good luck with your retrieval. Are you doing fresh transfer? I am doing FET in September.

@babydust2507 so your start date for stims are approaching soon. Good luck. planning on fresh transfer?

• anaredanared member
    @kbenner2 thank you! It does throw you off a bit if you were expecting your own doctor but I am glad that you ended up having a really good experience. 

@babydust2507 thank you! that is really nice they let you know- it definitely makes things more comfortable for you. Your stim cycle is fast approaching, are you excited? nervous? 

@mackorori Same with me, I have had a rotation of different doctors- I just assumed your doctor did the major procedures but I guess it is fine. My ER is tomorrow at 10- I am starting to get nervous! How are stims going?

@bkatp thank you! That is really exciting, September will be here before you know it! I am doing a FET as well. It hasn't been planned yet. My clinic closes the last two weeks of August for upgrades/maintenance so I am not sure if we will get in on time but maybe, it all depends on when insurance re-authorizes the FET. I am actually really happy I am doing it this way, I am a bit of a hypochondriac, (if you haven't noticed) so I am looking forward to this little break in between without any medications. 
  • @anared GL with your ER tomorrow, FX!
  • anaredanared member
    @lemondrop1976 thank you! how are you feeling? you have your appointment tomorrow as well, I will be thinking of you, good luck! 
  • @anared TY! I feel like I'm little again on Christmas Eve and the nerves are going, can't wait to see if I get the gift of my dreams or be let down if what I really want is a no show tomorrow. Im not going to get a good night sleep that's for sure!
  • @bkatp thank you! and yes I'm doing a fresh transfer if I don't get OHSS my RE said, so FX!
    @anared, yes it was nice from them now that I think about it but I did cry b/c they had to postpone my ER so I do agree with @mackorori, if your RE let another dr do it it's b/c he trusts them and they do all work together, no worries, you will be just fine! and GL sending prayers your way. And I am excited and nervous! lol don't know how my body is going to react with all this medications. still spotting with the BF although I haven't missed any days, but my RE said I should be fine so we'll see on my baseline appt...
    and GL to you @lemondrop1976 and keep us posted!

• @lemondrop1976 good luck with your beta tomorrow!! I can’t imagine the excitement and nervousness!! I’ll be thinking about you!!
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• Thank you everyone, I will keep you posted on the results either way.
  • Good luck @lemondrop1976 with your beta today!!  Fingers crossed for the best news!!

@anared Good luck with your retrieval!! Keep us posted!!

@kbenner2 So happy to hear that your transfer went well!!  That is tough about your other embryos.  Try to stay positice and focus on that perfect little embryo.  Fingers crossed that in a couple of weeks you will get the best news!!

@babydust2507 good luck with stims!!  
  • Thank you @katie35 ! feel like i'll be doing something now finally!
  • My results for beta were BFN. I follow up with RE on Monday. Not in a good place right now. GL to everyone, I will be still checking on your progress
  • @lemondrop1976 I was hoping to hear good news from you today, I’m so sorry.
  • @lemondrop1976 I am so so very sorry. I was so hoping for the best news. Sending you hugs! 
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• I am so sorry @lemondrop1976.  Getting a BFN is so hard.  Thinking of you and sending hugs and prayers for comfort.
  • anaredanared member
    oh @lemondrop1976 I am so sorry. You have support here if you need it. Sending you hugs and prayers. 
  • Thank you everyone! I have my follow up this Monday so I'll see what next steps are.
  • anaredanared member
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone! ER was definitely a blur. There were two women ahead of me and three behind me, so I didn't get much information from the nurses before I left. I am waiting to hear updates from the hospital.