January 2019 Moms

MBF 7/16

2»

Re: MBF 7/16

• libertymomrnlibertymomrn member
    edited July 2018
    I agree. I think he had a lot going against him because he was against Romney and because he was so pro Trump. I know there are a lot of people here who are more conservative but he should have come in more moderate. 

Then again I'm more moderate so Romney was my pick anyway. 
    There are certainly a lot worse politicians than Romney. A few of my concerns were his lack of depth of knowledge regarsing the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. And I really didn’t like the way he dodged delegates’ questions at the meet the candidate events. Romney had been promoting that he was pro-local control in education. So I asked him what his thoughts were on the several hundred page sweeping education reform, ESSA, and what his plan was to restore local control. He looked like a deer in the headlights for a few moments before saying he would have to answer that question later because he needed to go prepare a speech, and then he excused himself. If there really wasn’t time to answer another question, then why did he even call on me? And why the deer in the headlights look and the awkward silence before excusing himself? 

I get that candidates can’t be expected to know every price of legislation, but if you’re campaigning on education you should at least have some knowledge of the biggest piece of sweeping education reform in recent years, and have some basic plan in place for what you’d do to improve it.

Also, (and this may be petty) but there are a few of our state legislators who were his biggest champions who happen to also be some of the slimiest, dirtiest politicians in the state. I’m just hoping Mitt doesn’t roll in the mud with the pigs, KWIM? But I guess I’d be hoping the same thing about Kennedy and Trump if he won.

And maybe he’ll surprise me, and do a great job. Mia Love has done a better job than I expected.
  • Sorry for everyone’s shit daysssssss. I read through all of them and realized me calling for quotes from contractors who don’t call me back is annoying but liveable. Hope your days get better!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like this happens every prime day. How is it that they still can’t figure out how to keep the site from crashing?
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DLpanda08 that wedding sounds awful! I'll never understand the restrictions people try to impose during weddings. It's so rude. All guests should be treated equally. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @DLpanda08 apparently they had an entire server crash and not come back up. I have questions about their availability and redundancy but yeah, a server crash blows. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DLpanda08 yikes, that wedding does not sound enjoyable at all. I get that people are on a budget, but if its that constrained a smaller wedding or eloping is sufficient (but apparently they could afford a wedding coordinator?). Or they could at least give people a heads up on the invitation what to expect. And so sad your son couldn't have cake! I guess we did it differently- food, cakes and a variety of adult and nonalcoholic beverages were a big priority and were most of the budget. We even had GF and vegan options lol. We wanted happy people and for everyone to have a good time.

MBF: I've turned into a walking fart machine. It's keeping me up and I can't sleep.