DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: MBF 7/16

• Options
    Our power went off this morning, twice, and it appears to have fried our a/c downstairs. I'm so mad. I did not want to buy a new air conditioner this month. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    Oh I have more. 

I am finally feeling decent again and was going to go to the gym tonight, even got DS pumped for the child care instead of the pool but I just realized it's our monthly all hands meeting for the campaign I'm working on and it's in person instead of the phone so that plan went out the window. 

Got into work and we have soft phones on our computers and apparently the server that hosts them is down so I can't call or IM anyone. AND found out that my coworker is on vacation, this is a problem because we have to have two people to go into my server room and I'm here by myself. Super. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladystout08 ugh that is the worst!!!

Sorry to start this out kind of dark on a Monday morning, but I found out my grandmother passed away this morning. It was not unexpected at all, but we had a complicated relationship so there's a lot of weird emotions to unpack. But I really cannot miss work today, especially if I have to take time off for the funeral later. And I can't work from home because our laundry room is being renovated and our plumber has to turn off water to our house all day today and that sounds worse than being at work. So I'm just kind of sitting at my desk thinking about all the things I need to do with absolutely no motivation to do any of them.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @kaf1788 . <3 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @kaf1788 sorry for your loss!

we’re selling our house. There is so much to do. I went to my parent’s for thurs-Sun and took DS with me. I left DH with a list of four things I needed him to do, plus asked him to just look around and take care of anything he noticed that needed to be done. He did two of the things on the list and “forgot” about the other two. That’s all he did. Found plenty of time to play his new video game though. I am SO annoyed. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kaf1788 sorry for your lost! 

I got a letter from my insurance company on Saturday. It stated that my in- network doctors are changing and being pregnant in the third tri is only a MAYBE for a reason for keeping with your Dr if he's now out of network. The website was down all weekend so I had to anxiously wait for the Drs to open this morning. Thankfully they are still in network! 
  • Options
    Oh @gorgeousariel thanks for the reminder. I got a postcard from tricare saying our eligibility has changed and I checked our bank account to realize they haven't been taking out our auto payment so they likely dropped us. AGAIN. I hate Tricare. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I’m sorry for your loss and that you have yo be at work while you sort through those emotions.

@julesf817 ugh... that would piss me off too. I get wanting time to relax, but come on! 

Mine is petty, but whatever... I drove 7 hours one way (ended up a total of 15 hours) to go to my cousin’s wedding this weekend and it was a hot mess. We didn’t even get cake! They only served cake to the bride’s family. Everyone else was left with these crappy mini cupcakes drowned in almond liquor. DS threw a fit and refused to eat anything because he was told kids could only have the water or unsweetened tea on the tables instead of cokes from the bar. Except we never got a pitcher of water at our table. I had to go take one from an empty table. And who the hell serves only unsweetened tea in the south? In my state it is a misdemeanor not to offer sweet tea as a menu item. The freaking videographer and wedding coordinator got called to the buffet line before the groom’s side of the family! 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
  • Options
     My car refused to start this morning. It worked fine last night (and we didn't leave any lights on), but this morning it was so dead I had to pull the valet key out of the fob to physically unlock the door.  My car is 3 years old and just had the battery and starter replaced under warranty five months ago, so I'm fairly pissed. 

• Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    @kaf1788 I'm so sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    Our insurance dropped us for non-payment despite setting up auto-draft in March(this happened again then). I threw a fit and got it fixed but DH is on this tirade about how they suck so bad and we should drop them and blah blah. Like, we can't do that right now; first, my private insurance through my employer is easily 4x the cost, second, we didn't have a life change that makes us eligible and it's not open enrollment. And lastly, I'M THE ONE CALLING AND FIXING IT SO STFU. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @kaf1788 so sorry for you loss.

@DLpanda08 that sounds like the worst. Sometimes the best part of the wedding is the cake lol. I'm not a huge cake fan but wedding cake I love.

@ladystout08 I have this deal that we are going to have to pay for some big house repair at I'm trying to save up extra for maternity leave. Air conditioning in the summer is a must I dont think I would survive without it 

My complaint happened last night but we ordered chipotle for dinner and DH went to pick it up. I was so excited to eat it but when I opened my bowl I saw they had completely messed up my order. I was so upset. I had to leave for work soon after so I couldn't even call and have them make me a new one. It was such a bummer 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yikes. It sounds like you guys are having quite the Monday.

@kaf1788 I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it is to have complicated family relationships, and death is complicated in and of itself. I'm sorry you have to struggle through work today. 

I'm sorry about your car @AshVA. Hopefully just a bad battery.

@DLpanda08 I hate it when people have weddings (or any events) and don't plan well! If you're trying to cut costs, there are better ways than making your guests suffer! 

@ladystout08 and @gorgeousariel, I'm sorry that you're having insurance woes. That's so stressful! I work in insurance (sorry, not where I can affect anything -- just data stuff) and I hate the policies too. You have to be so diligent, it always feels like a game of gotcha. 

@julesf817 I'm mad on your behalf over here! Why do husbands do this?!?! It's like you try to make it super easy -- here are FOUR things, I'm leaving you alone for FIVE days, no kids to watch. UGH. I hope everything goes well (despite this!) with the house today. 

My DH threw a fit this morning (for the upteenth time) about me being grumpy -- he wakes up a few hours before I need to for work. Then doesn't get out of bed and let me sleep. Then when he does finally get out of bed, leaves the door open and is loud, turns on lights, etc. I wasn't even that bad this morning (asked him to get out of bed in a nice voice, then got up and closed the door when he didn't) and he wouldn't say goodbye to me before leaving (which he knows I hate) and left a mess in the kitchen (emptied his lunch bag into the sink, dirty dishes and garbage and all). The good news is, after reading about your mornings I feel like a petty B for feeling grumpy about this. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    edited July 2018
    @AshVA Ugh my car battery died this weekend as well and DH was out of town so I was a shut in for two days with no car just living on Uber Eats and grocery delivery service. I had replaced the battery two summers ago and called to see if it was under warranty and conveniently the warranty had expired last month...

@drabong88 I feel for you. I get unreasonably upset when my order is messed up when it's take out and I don't realize it until I'm already home. That happened to me a few weeks ago when we ordered wings and they gave us someone elses order that were wings with no seasoning and no ranch dipping sauce...what kind of a monster orders that?!?

• Options
    CoastieGirl79CoastieGirl79 member
    edited July 2018
    I told a male coworker that my son is going to be a big brother. He was very happy for us because he's a big kid himself. Just saw him again in the breakroom and asked me if "this little adventure was planned." I was so taken aback by that response. I didn't know waht yo say back. WTF? 

@kaff1788 sorry about the loss of your grandmother. 
  • Options
    Oh I have more. 

I am finally feeling decent again and was going to go to the gym tonight, even got DS pumped for the child care instead of the pool but I just realized it's our monthly all hands meeting for the campaign I'm working on and it's in person instead of the phone so that plan went out the window. 
    A work campaign or a political campaign?
  • Options
    I’m so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. It’s like a terrible energy zapping stomach bug that lasts for months. Except you can’t call into work for it, and you still have to take care of everything you already were. Or more, in my case because I scheduled a fun busy summer for the kids before I knew I was pregnant and I’m picking up extra work shifts to save up for maternity leave. 

I just want to feel good again.
  • Options
    @libertymomrn I feel ya. My sickness has come back but at night. It's draining. I go to bed queasy and wake up ok, thankfully. I hope you feel better. Pregnancy glow my rear end! Lol.
  • Options
    @kaf1788 I’m sorry for your loss! I hope you can find some sort of closure and peace. 

I made the horrible decision to wear tight jeans today. My work day just started so the misery is just starting. 
  • Options
    achays11 said:
    I made the horrible decision to wear tight jeans today. My work day just started so the misery is just starting. 
    I only got to 9 weeks this time before deciding that I hate regular pants and I switched to maternity. I was getting ready for work one day and was just done when I felt like this- 
  • Options
    achays11 said:
    I'm to the point where even my yoga pants are leaving an angry red indent in my stomach. Not feeling quite ready for maternity clothes (and I'm a FTM, so no back-stock to bust out) but ugh. Getting ready in the morning is not a confidence-inducing process.
  • Options
    Oh I have more. 

A work campaign or a political campaign

AHHH I got stuck in the text box! Political.......congressional candidate. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @wkuandrea I'd be pretty grumpy about that, too. I have the opposite problem with my H when he comes to bed at night and insists on watching TV and messing on his phone in the bed right next to me. He knows I can't sleep with all that light and noise! 

@kaf1788 I'm sorry for your loss and for having to be at work today when you've got so much on your mind. 

DS peed in our bed last night, so we all had to vacate the bed at 5:30 this morning. He hasn't done that in forever! I ended up laying down with him in his toddler bed and realized it was only 30 minutes before I needed to get up for work.  So yeah, that was an early, rude awakening. 
  • Options
    Oh I have more. 

Awesome! I help with political campaigns and in my area! I was hoping to help Mike Kennedy beat Mitt Romney in the primary, but it’s hard to beat that kind of name recognition.

Can I ask whose campaign you’re working on, or would you rather not say?
  • Options
    @kianarain I’m a FTM too as far as pregnancy goes and it’s totally worth it to go for the maternity pants. Don’t be a hero! Also, motherhood maternity has 50% off the whole site online today... pretty sure you get free shipping too. 
    married 7.11.09
  • Options
    Oh I have more. 

Awesome! I help with political campaigns and in my area! I was hoping to help Mike Kennedy beat Mitt Romney in the primary, but it’s hard to beat that kind of name recognition.

Can I ask whose campaign you’re working on, or would you rather not say?
    George Scott, he's running in PA-10 against Scott Perry. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @wkuandrea Sorry you're dealing with all that, it sounds frustrating.  Are any of the lights that he's turning on in areas that could be replaced with dimmer switches? DH used to drive me crazy turning on the closet light in the morning. He needed it to pick out his clothes, but the light was so bright.  He replaced the regular switch with a dimmer switch.  Now he's able to have enough light to see, but it's dim enough that it doesn't bother me. 

• Options
    @DLpanda08 OK dumb question of the day.... If I'm just in the chubby/awkward 11+4 stage, are maternity clothes going to be baggy? Or does it fit and then just allow room to grow with ya? Lmao almost googled this question first because it's so novice. Don't judge!
  • Options
    @kianarain it depends IMO. I still can't do full panel stuff bc there's not enough to fill the panel yet but like my shorts fit fine, they're just long. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @kianarain I bought mine in the awkward phase and they fit great! Everything fits like normal pants except the waist which is a spandex type deal. Shouldn’t be baggy on you and it is designed to grow with you.
    married 7.11.09
  • Options
    @kianarain It's not as dumb as you think, because back in the day maternity clothes were basically burlap sacs and mumus. You can find nice, stylish maternity clothes now. I have shorts ( size small) with a full panel on top. As my belly grows, the panel just stretches to accommodate. The shorts themselves are also stretchy for my big ass. You can get pants that are the same. Form fitting, stretchy dresses are in style, and Empire waist tops are perfect for pregnancy.
  • Options
    I’m on a beach vacation with H, DD (12 months), and my BFF and her husband and 8 month old. I’m pretty sure I somehow managed to stress fracture my big toe yesterday from all the walking I’ve done in sandals. Who does that?! And on day 2 of vacation. I’m hoping the pain will just go away but at this point I kind of don’t think so.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    Mine is I was sick with a stomach virus all weekend (fever, chills, vomit, the whole thing) and I'm still super exhausted from it. I'm just tired. I don't have a ton of motivation at work because I just want to take a nap. 

The other is that I want my energy back! This time is so much harder because the exhaustion is just sticking around. I don't remember it lasting this long with the other kids. Like I'm supposed to be getting through the day now and I still just want to nap every day. My house is a mess and I don't have the energy to deep clean like I should. Heck even company clean like I should. If people were to come over now they would see toys everywhere and DH's stuff in the living room, cluttered counters and unmopped floors. I need my kids to step up and do more but at 5 and 7 there is only so much I can get them to do.

On the plus side, thanks to this post I was able to get a pair of mat pants for 10 bucks on motherhood.com. I also picked up a really pretty kimono cardigan and I'm super excited. I got this and I can't wait!!!
    https://www.motherhood.com/relaxed-fit-maternity-cardigan/001-92712-000-001.html?cgid=clothing-tops-cardigans-kimonos&dwvar_001-92712-000-001_color=006-92712-02#start=1

I also was able to pick the baby up really well on the doppler last night. So well we were able to record it for a long time and finally I was like "okay I've heard it enough". I'm excited to have the kids hear it tonight. They will love it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
     The continuing car saga: 

Dealer: (30 minutes after receiving my car) The battery tested fine, you must just not drive it enough. 

Me: Try again, I drive my car an hour + a day, 5 days a week, and shorter drives most weekend days as well. 

At my insistence, they're keeping it overnight to retest tomorrow, and are also testing for a parasitic drain. I'm really irritated that I had to push for that, though. It should be fairly obvious that when a 5 month old battery dies, there's clearly a bigger issue somewhere. 

• Options
    AshVA said:
     The continuing car saga: 

Dealer: (30 minutes after receiving my car) The battery tested fine, you must just not drive it enough. 

Me: Try again, I drive my car an hour + a day, 5 days a week, and shorter drives most weekend days as well. 

At my insistence, they're keeping it overnight to retest tomorrow, and are also testing for a parasitic drain. I'm really irritated that I had to push for that, though. It should be fairly obvious that when a 5 month old battery dies, there's clearly a bigger issue somewhere. 
    Well you're just a girl so what would you know right? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @libertymomrn Kennedy was never going to win. Not ever. And not just because it was Romney (although his name certainly helped) but he was so so pro Trump that it just wouldn't happen. Like watching the debate he literally said so many pro Trump things that I rolled my eyes. He sees no wrong with Trump and I couldn't with him. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @Mandamay1414 Experiencing the same thing here!  DD is watching Daniel Tiger and she might get one more episode...
  • Options
    @libertymomrn Kennedy was never going to win. Not ever. And not just because it was Romney (although his name certainly helped) but he was so so pro Trump that it just wouldn't happen. Like watching the debate he literally said so many pro Trump things that I rolled my eyes. He sees no wrong with Trump and I couldn't with him. 
    I did not vote for Trump. And I don’t agree with Kennedy on everything, but his voting record as a state House Rep was impressive; impeccable even. He was pro-parental rights and pro-patient rights every time, even when he made enemies of other state legislators by voting that way. We need someone like that in Washington.
  • Options
    I did not vote for Trump. And I don’t agree with Kennedy on everything, but his voting record as a state House Rep was impressive; impeccable even. He was pro-parental rights and pro-patient rights every time, even when he made enemies of other state legislators by voting that way. We need someone like that in Washington.
    I agree. I think he had a lot going against him because he was against Romney and because he was so pro Trump. I know there are a lot of people here who are more conservative but he should have come in more moderate. 

Then again I'm more moderate so Romney was my pick anyway. 

Meimsx no more