February 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/16-7/23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/16-7/23)

• @kayjay44 oh for FS... if I can stomach my medium iced coffee I’m gonna drink it mommy shamers!!! Not like it’s an Irish coffee lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mmm.. irish coffee sounds good!
  • Loading the player...
  • @izzfrancisco I do like the idea of a working mom thread - it feels like we're all getting close to (or have already?) telling work, so it may be time. I haven't told my boss yet, although she knows we've been trying, simply because we haven't been in the office at the same time literally for the last 6 weeks.

@kayjay44 When I was pregnant with DS the guy at Starbucks asked DAILY if I was sure I didn't want decaf - and he had the balls to fucking WINK at me when he asked. By about 20 weeks I started to just played dumb and asked why in the world I would want decaf. He gestured to my stomach and winked again. I continued to pretend like I had no idea what in the world would cause me to want decaf and returned that awkwardness to sender real quick. He didn't ask anymore.
  • I only limit caffeine in first tri - I limit to 250 mg a day. After that, it's fair game. I want this baby used to caffeine so I can drink as much as I need PP while BFing.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I’ve gotten openly hostile towards people when they’ve tried to shame me for my coffee. I limit to the recommended amount, but I’ll be damned if I’m giving up my life source. Lol
  • My other random for the day: I finally broke down and got Zofran. I never did this with the other two kids, but I just couldn’t suffer any more. It’s been so bad this time around. Way worse than the last two. It was really starting to mess with my mind and man is it nice not been nauseous right now. I’ve actually gotten some stuff done today! I wish I would have just gotten it sooner. 
  • Made pulled pork in the instant pot last night and my apartment still smells like bbq sauce. It’s making me want to barf.  :s
  • @PurplePoppy424 - I never used it during pregnancy before (just for the annual norovirus attacks at our house). Man, it's a game changer. Make sure you take some colace with it or you will regret it.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @kayjay44 people are so rude! 
  • @kayjay44 Thanks for the heads up!!
  • It will change your life! Best investment!
  • LuLiLaEv said:
    Today I finally pulled the trigger and got a robotic vacuum on Prime.
    With soon to be 3 littles 3 and under and 2 dogs it was much needed.
    That combined with my first grocery pickup order today, and this is the happiest I’ve been in awhile. What does that say about me? 
    @LuLiLaEv ugh I messed up quoting. 
    The robotic vacuum will change your life! 
  • @kayjay44 I am eating 4-5 meals per day as recommended.  Not small meals just meals lol 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Just called my midwife who was with me through my first loss. She has offered to give me the paperwork for my 12 week scan and blood test without doing a full consult as I am feeling pretty anxious about this pregnancy because of the sch. This month better go fast, I want to be able to celebrate this instead of being stressed all the time.
  • etnyahetnyah member
    @lokibear89 I'm sorry you're feeling anxious, but I'm glad you have an understanding midwife! Hoping the next month goes by fast for you! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • jessier19jessier19 member
    edited July 2018
    @kayjay44 oh wow I would want to punch them in the face
  • Today is national hot dog day. I will be happily celebrating.

Did not know this but now I want to celebrate as well! LOVE hot dogs 

Did not know this but now I want to celebrate as well! LOVE hot dogs 
    I pretty much eat hot dogs exclusively for dinner while BFing.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• God I would love a hot dog. 

After my appointment today I was starving and met DH and DS at Drake’s for lunch. I got the most delicious sushi (fully cooked, don’t @ me) and I cannot stop thinking about it. DS are tater tots and nothing else, and I just don’t have the energy to feel guilty about that. 
  • @grebretso - what if I want a worm though? 

@BourbonBiscuits - I’ve had raw fish twice since I found out. No illness or worms yet. Since the fish is so fresh here, I’m not worried about it. Women in Japan live on raw fish while pregnant. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @kayjay44 there’s not a lot of good fresh seafood in Kentucky ... lol lots of freshwater fish, but we’re pretty far from any reputable seafood out here. Which is heartbreaking  :s
  • Yeah, I probably wouldn’t risk raw fish sushi in KY. 

Now I want poke. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @kayjay44 oh god now I'm fantasizing about flying to hawaii and eating all the poke. I'm in NJ. I can get reputable sushi, but not reputable poke.
    Oh how I wish I wanted a hot dog. I LOVE the Sonic one with pickles and tiny hot peppers and onion. My non-nauseated self would house that in an instant. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Damn it Jim! Anyone else having to do the 24 hour pee jug? 
  • Tomorrow is my first appointment. I’m terrified I’m not going to get good news. Way more so than the last two. It’s so freaking stupid. I have no reason to believe things aren’t going well. I literally am just a nervous ball of energy right now thinking about tomorrow. 
  • @PurplePoppy424 fingers crossed for a good first appointment! 
  • Thinking of you @PurplePoppy424!

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Fingers crossed for you, @PurplePoppy424
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • notthecheatnotthecheat member
    edited July 2018
    @bleucheeznwine how was the beach?

ETA: is?
  • @PurplePoppy424 hope your appointment goes great today!

@danixbanani24 that sounds like an amazing concert! Totally worth losing sleep over I’d say! 
  • Thinking of you today @PurplePoppy424!!