February 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/16-7/23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 7/16-7/23)

• cali1710 said:
    This 18 month sleep regression can kick rocks. Little dude hasn’t napped in 3 days and is a TERROR all day because he’s so exhausted. 
    Was literally the worst! I remember thinking “she cant be dropping her last nap, could she?!” Thank god she started napping again. I hope it doesnt last long! 
    I had the same thought when DD went through it. Thank goodness she didn’t drop her nap and got back on track eventually. It was really a tortuous time though! 
  • cali1710 said:
    This 18 month sleep regression can kick rocks. Little dude hasn’t napped in 3 days and is a TERROR all day because he’s so exhausted. 
    Was literally the worst! I remember thinking “she cant be dropping her last nap, could she?!” Thank god she started napping again. I hope it doesnt last long! 
    I had the same thought when DD went through it. Thank goodness she didn’t drop her nap and got back on track eventually. It was really a tortuous time though! 
    So glad we’re normal! I honestly have been dying the past few days, but we’ve stuck with his regular routine. Luckily he’ll happily sit in his crib during “nap time” so I can still get some rest. But he’s just a demon because he’s so exhausted. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Tired kids = insanity. Hope DS takes his nap today @BourbonBiscuits

• Just woke up to pee with the My Little Pony theme song stuck in my head. 
  • Just woke up to pee with the My Little Pony theme song stuck in my head. 
    Sofia the First here. No idea when we watched it last. 
  • cali1710 said:
    @okayestmom12 Ive been a horrible mom the last month. I feel like I cant do anything fun and my fuse is so short with her. I feel I’m constantly getting mad at her. And shes not even that bad! But shes a big runner, so she always wants to chase and do fast things and i just cant. I cant wait to get more energy. 
    I could have written this. Sympathies  <3
  • Soooo my sister offered to throw me a sprinkle. I had to really convince myself that saying no was not going to hurt her feelings that bad. (Wtf is wrong with me) Besides all of my personal reasons for not wanting one, she is due with her first right before hypothetical sprinkle would likely occur. So it made me feel really special that she offered despite all that. Hopefully she is mostly just feeling relieved that I said no!
  • allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited July 2018
    @conchispita A weekly cleaning service is something I dream of having. Also a personal chef would be nice. 
  • @conchispita soo jealous. I want one to come to my house. Maybe just before the babies come Ill get one. 
  • @cali1710 I think I’m going to do that too, it’s definitely worth it!
  • God, I forgot how terrible two is. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• cas060cas060 member
    Pelvic floor physio... anyone done it??
  • @danixbanani24 Have you tried sugaring? I’ve found it to be much less painful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @notthecheat it was pretty good, aside from my toddler being a screaming nightmare  and making it a really long week. Good food and awesome weather though! When do you go again?
  • @cass06_07 yep! Twice. Once during my second pregnancy for extreme pelvic girdle pain due to SPD and again earlier this year for pelvic floor instability and discomfort and some other unfortunate things that my children’s giant heads did to my poor vagina. 

10/10 would do it again. What questions do you have? 
  • @jessier19 - I always joked we were waiting to have another until science advanced enough so DH could have the third one. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• cas060cas060 member
    @cmjenkies one of my coworkers who just gave birth came in to visit and preached to us all regardless of whether we were having children or not to go do it... so of course i read in to it.  Considering checking it out while pregnant but wondering whether it increases risk of infections. Going to ask my midwife about it at my first appt this week.  They say it can help with the having to pee so often part during pregnancy. Im up about 3 times a night already!

Anything i should know??
  • I know peeing in the middle of the night is only going to get worse, but it’s already driving me CRAZY. 

I’ve been curious about pelvic floor physio too. 
  • I just survived my ILs visiting for the weekend. They really are very nice people and I have no right to complain... But pregnancy has made them a bit overwhelming. Luckily DH was an absolute dear and shut down the comments about my 'bump' and took on all the hosting duties. I napped a lot! I'm dreading work tomorrow... 
  • @Omie_Wise I have actually wanted to try sugaring on my legs. Have you used it for that? How do you find a place that does it? Would it be at day spas? 
  • @cass06_07 - I would only do it if I had pelvic floor dysfunction. I’ve been lucky I haven’t had it yet but also do lots of levels while pregnant to strengthen mine. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Kegels. Not levels. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Got woken up at 5:45 because the alarm at work was triggered, asked them to send someone down to look as I was asleep and call me when they got there. Super stressed so got up anyway, half an hour later and no call back. The DH and I drove down here, turns out the alarm was triggered by a shelf falling down (which was a relief) but there was no one here. Called the alarm company and they didn't have any cars out so they sent the police down, the police wont let them know it was a false alarm even if they do come so no-one was going to call me back. Its 8am and someone from the alarm company just showed up... real helpful, we are changing security companies. And this is going to be a hellishly long day.
  • Lost my debit card in my own house. Go me. Meh. Needed to order a new one anyway.
  • So I don’t usually keep up enough to participate here, so I apologize in advance for jumping in where I don’t usually post, but I’m in need of some support. 

DH and I are going to a wedding in early September and I went to target to grab a new maternity dress (there are a bunch on sale plus 20% off PSA!) so I’ll have a little more room as I think I’m just beginning to show now and it’s in 7 or 8 more weeks. Backing out of my parking spot, some guy hit my car. It’s driveable but the damage is pretty extensive. Because we were both backing out, it’s 50/50 fault. I know I was 90% out of my spot, and he basically floored it into me. His car is barely scratched. 

I’m stressing out about how I’m going to pay for this, given my already dismal maternity leave situation (I’m a teacher and our contract states something about semesters, so I’d have to go back in March or wait until September). 

I’m also worried about baby, even though I’m quite sure the impact wasn’t enough to do any damage. I’ve already called the doctor, and since I have no cramping/bleeding, and the airbags didn’t deploy, they said to just wait until my ultrasound appt, which happens to be on Tuesday. 

I know things could be worse, and I’m lucky to not have been actually injured, but I’m feeling pretty down. Anyone else been in a not quite minor but also not major accident and baby was fine?
  • @catwoman8731 that is scary!! I haven’t been in any accidents, so I don’t have much to offer other than good thoughts. The fact that you don’t have any cramping or bleeding has got to be a good sign. I also think if your doctor was worried they’d have you come in right away rather than waiting. So glad your appointment is soon so you don’t have to stress for too long. I’ll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that everything is okay!
  • First off, glad to hear everyone is ok! And yep - I was in an accident with 2.0 and a friend was in a more major accident with twins. Because it’s early in pregnancy and you have no cramping or bleeding, I wouldn’t worry too much. Easier said than done, I know. If you’re still worried, I’d go to the ER and get checked out, even if it’s just for peace of mind. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Glad everyone is okay! No experience with accidents but I did also just get a maternity dress from Target for a wedding. Which did you end up getting? @catwoman8731
  • @catwoman8731 I'm glad everyone is okay. Even relatively minor accidents are shitty. 
  • @catwoman8731 - Glad you’re okay! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Diclegis update (sick of hearing about it yet?!). I took my first dose Friday night... I slept 12 hours, woke up feeling like a zombie, took a 3 hour nap, and finally felt like a human around 3 pm. I can’t IMAGINE taking it during the day. 

I decided to only take 1 pill (vs the 2 in the prescribed dose) last night and I woke up feeling okay - a little groggy but nothing like yesterday morning. 

The good news is that I only had one bout of nausea this whole weekend and I’m pretty sure it’s because I needed to eat. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• @okayestmom12 - I can only take it at night - if I take it during the day, I fall asleep (which isn’t conducive to parenting or working. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• kayjay44 said:
    @okayestmom12 - I can only take it at night - if I take it during the day, I fall asleep (which isn’t conducive to parenting or working. 
    Right? I’m glad I took the 2 pill dose for the weekend so DH could parent yesterday while I slept off my Diclegis drunkness. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• @catwoman8731 I’m so sorry! How scary! Since you don’t have cramping or bleeding I think you’re ok. Major hugs to you. 
  • cas060cas060 member
    kayjay44 said:
    @okayestmom12 - I can only take it at night - if I take it during the day, I fall asleep (which isn’t conducive to parenting or working. 
    Right? I’m glad I took the 2 pill dose for the weekend so DH could parent yesterday while I slept off my Diclegis drunkness. 
    I tried 2 in the am followed by 1 at lunch... omg!! Knocked out cold by 1pm and that was a work day working from home.  I felt like a zombie also.. havent touched it since suffered through the next 3 weeks.. 3 days and counting no nausea... week 12 i love you!!