September 2018 Moms

To Do List

2»

Re: To Do List

• @knitknitread I just bought a couple of packs of newborn diapers a couple of weeks ago...   I think it's a 2nd kid (or in my case, 4th kid) problem.  
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • dexniedexnie member
    It’s been 8 days since we moved across the country with our dogs and 2 suitcases. We love our rental house but the owners left it in pretty rough condition so we’ve had to spend a lot more time doing a full deep clean than we expected. 

Ongoing to dos:
    1. Move:
    • furnish 3 BR house- progressing but no rooms are finished. 
    • Unpack once belongings are delivered - no delivery date yet. 
    2. Vehicles/Transportation:
    • Purchase and install car seat and two bases. 
    3. Baby Gear:
    • Purchase all necessary baby gear
    • Wash clothing/swaddles/bottles/pacifiers
    • Set up bassinet, rock and play and changing station at a minimum 
    • Pack hospital bag
    4. Medical:
    • Obtain insurance pre-auth for infusion I’ll need a few days after birth 
    • Meet the OB who is supposed to deliver my baby. Tour hospital. Register at hospital
    • Get TDAP shot
    5. Pets
    • Find trusted dog sitter for hospital overnights - 1-2 trial runs 
    6. Misc baby:
    • Research daycare options for drop in care 
    • Find newborn photographer 
    • Finalize visitor schedule for Sept-Nov

Completed since last check in: 
    • complete move-out & move-in inspections
    • continue to sell and donate whatever we can 
    • Purchase 2 cars
    • Purchase car insurance
    • Order breast pump
    • Book birth, infant classes and hospital tour 
  • Loading the player...
  • @dexnie Other than the extra deep cleaning, how did your move go?

Reality:
    1) Set up crib
    2) Remove remaining man cave/guest room items from nursery
    3) Baby proof and organize attached bath (just need to organize)
    4) Order rug to cover up stained carpet
    5) Hang wall decor in nursery (getting a bunch at my shower so waiting till then!)
    6) Prep for September (food prep, padsicles, discuss game plans with H for various baby scenarios)
    7) Order and install carseat base in H's car
    8) Hoping to do one last deep clean over the summer before LO arrives
    9) Start thinking about hospital/birthing center bag
    10) Pre-register for hospital. Just found out we need to do this just in case, even though the plan is birthing center.
    11) Get TDAP shot asap
    12) Wash cloth diapers (waiting for shower)
    13) Install ceiling fans in bedrooms that LO may sleep in.
  • @dexnie so pretty! Glad you are settling in and getting used to driving again.
  • nackienackie member
    @dexnie that’s a beautiful yard!  You guys are making great progress 
  • dexniedexnie member
    Thanks guys :) 
  • Soooo beautiful, @dexnie! Totally jealous! 
  • treeofcheemtreeofcheem member
    edited July 2018
    EDD 9/2

Oh goodness, I should probably make a list. Right now the only list I have is my "fun" list of things to sew/make. So for our real list:

- Finish DD1's new room: order mattress, repaint or contact paper shelves on bookcase, buy new blinds or blackout shade, switch her stuff and baby stuff between new room and nursery
    - Sell and/or donate stuff that no longer has a place to be stored
    - Wash baby clothes newborn-3 month, washcloths, towels, PNP sheets, washable covers for RNP, swing, etc.
    - Clean infant car seat cover, install base (by 38 weeks)
    - Send thank you cards (after sprinkle in August)
    - Make freezer meals & keep list in phone
    - Set up PNP in our room
    - Pack hospital bag(s), put list of last-minute items on top
    - Plan and have DD1's birthday party
    - Buy whatever necessities aren't gifted to us
    - Buy cute swaddling blanket for hospital/going home
    - Buy postpartum supplies
    - Figure out maternity leave and return to work schedule
    - Find DD1 a dentist and schedule appointment (?)
    - Hospital tour
    And the fun stuff, but probably too ambitious of a list:
    - Dye and sew meh dai
    - Sew ring sling
    - Hem Mahogany shorty
    - Sew SSC

ETA I knew I was forgetting stuff...

- Pre-register at hospital
    - Order breast pump
    - Pack DD1's overnight bag (whether she'll be at home with MH or staying at grandparents' is TBD)
    - Work prep, training someone to fill in, items that can be completed ahead of time, etc.
    - Figure out pediatrician situation - same as current?
    - Turn toddler bed back into crib
    - Read birthing book(s)
    - Discuss potential bleeding issues with OB
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • To Do List: Due date 9/25. 

1. Have furniture delivered and assembled (Dresser came assemble, so just the crib)

2. Clean out guest bedroom before furniture arrives. 

3. Paint room before furniture arrives. Guess I should decide on the paint and design of the stripes I want to do. (One wall is painted. Hopefully it will be done by the end of this week.)

4. Get back all the new born as 0-3 clothing from my sister. Her baby is under 3 months right now. Wash it and organize. (My sister has washed it and organized it, just needs to come back to me, which need to wait until the room is painted and dresser put in place)

5. Buy new baby monitor, new owlet, diaper stash, diaper genie, sheets, new bottles and plastic bath tub, mattress.... basically a huge buy buy baby run with tons of coupons. 

6. Register at hospital

7. Think we have to just inform pediatric practice to expect baby girls delivery. 

8. Install DD’s infant car seat for new baby. (Not done but its all clean and ready to go)

9. Prep all my cases for maternity leave with detailed notes on What covering attorney should do. 

10. Sign up our dog for doggy daycare so he doesn’t drive me crazy when baby is born.  The dog passed his interview and is now attending once a week or every other week. Which is awesome for his energy level. 

11. Pack DD overnight bag and hospital bag.

Add ons: Drag out the rock n play, and clean it. Same for bouncer, and get my mamaroo back from family members. Also need to order breast pump. 

Looks like we are all making progress at our own speeds! Congrats ladies!
  • @dexnie wowzer. major score on the outdoor space. love the cute doormat too.
  • I thought I checked crib off my list but when it came, it was damaged in multiple spots. Grr. 
  • Ok, y’all! I’m 3 weeks out and I decided I should start getting ready, ha! I finally did a little today and yesterday (I never “nested” with my girls, but I felt like I NEEDED to get my basic stuff set up, so I did that today and I feel a lot better!)

1) Pack hospital bag
    2) Order glider
    3) Order breast pump and submit to insurance (I sterilized all my old pump stuff tonight)
    4) Order big sister gifts
    5) Clean entire house (not gonna happen!)
    6) Install car seat
    7) Be sure DD1 is all ready for her first day of school

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nackie That’s so impressive! Did you do all of that in one week?! I just did freezer meals with less than 20 days to go, but I’m exhausted. I wouldn’t recommend killing yourself over it. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida haha,no we didn’t do all of it this week, but we got like 5 things off the list. I actually came back on here to look at it again because I couldn’t remember if there was anything else. So far we have one freezer meal cooked. I’m hoping we can get two or three more, but I’m not expecting much. I’m just happy we got so much done before the baby comes
  • The big things I have left is to stock my freezer and wash/sanitize bottles and pump parts. I am feeling better after everything I check off my list. 
  • Now that I’ve almost finished everything on my original list, I’ve added at least 5 things to my mental to do list. DH is super annoyed with me. He thought he was done :D
    1. Buy double stroller
    2. Buy video monitor that does 2 rooms
    3. MH to renovate DS's new room (scrape popcorn ceiling, paint ceiling, install and paint baseboard and crown moulding, replace window, paint walls, replace carpet with hardwood floors, finish new hardwood floors, paint touchup, rehang closet doors, replace standard light switch with dimmer switch)
    4. Order decorations for DS's new room (wall decorations, 3D dragons, area rug)
    5. Set up DS's new room (area rug, decorations, crib, dresser, toy/book shelf)
    6. Replace DS's name on wall in current nursery with DS2's name once decided and after DS1 has moved to his new room
    7. Wash and hang/store in dresser DS's old clothes for DS2 to use
    8. Get prescription for breast pump from OB and order through insurance company
    9. Pick a name
    10. Buy some newborn size diapers (we already have some size 1's left over from DS but I assume this little one will at least start in NB like his brother did)
    Closer to delivery:
    1. Buy postpartum supplies
    2. Submit leave paperwork
    3. Install infant seat bases in my car and MH's truck
    4. Pack hospital bag (mostly done)
    5. Pack bag for DS (I imagine he'll be staying overnight at a grandparents house at least one night when we're in the hospital)
    Making progress. MH says we should be able to set up all the furniture in DS1's new room this weekend which will let me get started on washing and putting away all the small baby clothes in now DS2's room.

I figured hospital bag, DS1's overnight bag, and car seats would be post-36 weeks tasks and I'll be 36 weeks Thursday so I'll get to those soon.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @DanyTargaryen you did 3D dragons in your son’s room?  I bet that looks cool. 
  • @nackie - I bought these! https://www.etsy.com/listing/164780434/game-of-thrones-gift-dragon-wall-art?

We'll have a set in black and a set in an emerald green. I may not put all 10 up, but I wanted more than 5.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @DanyTargaryen nice. I’m not going to show those to DH or they’ll be decorating our living room!
  • First I'm getting a crib, then - end up with making a room aaaand then - get enoguh maternity clothes bc my blouses and pants are now less likely to put on. What about baby's clothes - I already got a newborn gift pack from my cousin. I already adore this brand. Here https://www.minimaslim.com/product-category/all-products/baby/ I found out really nice items.