September 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight 7/14: Children's Clothes

2»

Re: Product Spotlight 7/14: Children's Clothes

• Options
    knitknitreadknitknitread member
    edited July 2018
    @BusinessWife DD went home in a onesie. I don't even think we bothered putting leggings on her? She wore that onesie a ton the first month. 

So really, whatever they go home in doesn't need to be a special outfit.

ETA- I'm planning on using a sleeper or a onesie/pants combo again this time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BusinessWife My mom is adamant about buying our baby her going home outfit.  I am perfectly fine with it and maybe I should be making a bigger deal about what she wears when she goes home, but I figure as long as it is cute, I am fine with it.   My mom bought two options, both are footed "sleepers".  One is a Jessica Simpson that has lots of ruffles, some gold, frills, etc.  The other has a cat theme and has some sort of cat details in the feet and on the bum.  They both snap as I didn't really want something that I had to put over her head for the first time as the anxious wreck I am.  Who knows, maybe in a month I will change my mind?  Here is the Jessica Simpson one https://www.buybuybaby.com/1/1/281159-newborn-girl-one-piece-outfits-span-jessica-simpson-size-0-3m-ruffle-footie-peach.html
  • Options
    @BusinessWife With our second we bought a girl and a boy outfit from Carters (as we were team green) and just returned the boy outfit so I definitely think your baby could come home in a gendered outfit.   You could also say, like we do, yes, we know we're just not sharing (though we have shared with a FEW people - a few close friends and family is pretty much it).
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @BusinessWife we brought DS home in a footed sleeper. There are a bunch of cute ones out there. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know the Zutano brand?

It's just on Amazon I see, but I also notice that <i>one pair </i>of baby pants costs 4x the price of the Carters ones.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  Or want to weigh in on if it's worth the price?
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @BusinessWife I’ve gotten their booties and hats before. Love, love, love the booties but no experience with the clothes. 
  • Options
    I’ve heard raves about Zutano booties. I didn’t realize they made clothes too!
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    @BusinessWife The booties are supposed to be awesome, but they're so expensive!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    Ah, yes!  I knew I knew the name from somewhere, but I couldn't place it.  I totally have the booties on my registry!  :D
  • Options
    @BusinessWife - I had no idea they made clothes, but the Zutano booties are the best!! I bought multiple pairs for DS so I could have some at home and some at daycare. They seem to be holdings up great and have been saved for DS2.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Another +1 to their booties!! So cute and they actually stay on baby’s feet! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    We had one pair of zutano leggings. I'd recommend going straight to their website. Sometimes you can get deals on Amazon, but I generally feel it's more expensive than their own site. Overall, I liked the leggings, but felt they ran a little short for my long skinny baby. If this baby is differentially proportioned, I'd buy again.
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @BusinessWife it was hot here when my first was born so he came home in a slightly too big onsie, pair of socks and some mittens so he didn't scratch his face. It'll be hotter when this one is born so he'll wear the same thing. Possibly the actual exact same thing if I can find all the pieces.
  • Options
    Has anyone found the sizing to not always make sense? With the regular brands (carters, etc) it seems standard. But I receive some onesies as gifts, super cute but random brands from amazon. They say 3-6month but they’re like, enormous compared with the Carter’s 3-6. I got a 0-3 as a gift that looks like the 3-6 from carters. I know it’s not a big deal but it’s making it hard to organize haha. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 sizing often makes no sense! Its the reason we never used clothing for DD and it got passed down with tags still on. I organized by size and of course when I changed out the sizes, the smaller fitting stuff didn’t fit. Grrrrr! Lost out on some cute items. Carters is awesome since they give the lbs and inches. 
  • Options
    @treeofcheem we hated the footed pants! DD was really tall though, so they simply never fit. I have them all out for this one, though, hoping she’s not as tall and skinny so the footed pants will fit! I’d love to not have to deal with socks. 
  • Options
    @MandyMost Good point! DD1 has always been in the upper percentiles across the board, so even though she was tall, her weight corresponded well. Did you have trouble with footed sleepers and stuff like that, too? I'm curious if the different styles accommodate better or worse.

And @stothi, brands that use European sizing just do it by height usually. But then it's in CM and you might have to figure out what  that is in inches (unless you're good with cm). And if you're sorting before your LO is born, and you grouped all the "gender neutral" clothing into the same box, you have no idea what size that H&M outfit should go with.... Not speaking from personal experience or anything. ;) But I agree, it's such a better way to size things, especially since every baby grows differently.

Also, I know sleepwear was mentioned earlier, but since DD1 was around a year or so (maybe a little later?), we've always had to go up a full size in sleepwear. Not just because it can be tight; it runs smaller/shorter. Disney stuff has been even worse, we sometimes go up two full sizes so the length in the arms and legs is still OK after a couple wears and washes. Maybe it shrinks more than other stuff, maybe they use different drafting blocks for sleepwear? IDK what it is, but it's been a consistent issue for us for quite a while now.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    Anyone else miss Koala Kids from BRU? Sigh. I loved their clothes and they had some nice variety compared to the usual Carters fare. 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @treeofcheem I feel like the Disney stuff is all over the map as far as size goes. Someone got DS the cutest little onesie/overall set from there and he outgrew the onesie before he fit into the overalls. I was very sad about that one. 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida. I was so happy to receive a couple packs of koala kids kimono tops at my shower!  Not that I know the brand at all... you like/d them?
  • Options
    On my day off we went to Once Upon a Child and were totally overwhelmed with selection. We already have a variety of clothing in sizes up to 9 mo.-mostly under 6, but are lacking in nb size onesies, various sizes pants, sleepers and jackets. Ftm and only child.......i know buying too many many of a certain size can be foolhardy especially the smallest...but my family has ran small as a child and adult 4-6lb babies. So the goal was to get those needed items but...perhaps we should have made a list bc once we got there I was
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Lost. Got ocd at the 10 for $10 onesie bin. Sorted through 200 of those til dh gave me the look.. iT's mentally straining to not truly know what u will need and how many of each, while you don't want to have too many, nor not enough and have to make trips out for essentials during the first few weeks when it could have been prepurchased and have on hand already... good Lord lol.
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Sorry just saw the tag! I loved the Koala Kids brand. They were more true to size and more durable than Carter’s IMO. And they had a lot less of those cutesy phrases and more cute prints/classic pieces and their dress clothes were awesome. Sigh. 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @BusinessWife we had some hand me down koala kids stuff and and thought it held up pretty well too.