Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro Thread week of 7/2

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board 
(https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: Newbie Intro Thread week of 7/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    becs4books Thanks! This is actually the first year in a while that we will actually be in Paris for the 14th!! 
    Also trying to give up caffeine! Caffeine free diet coke and decaf coffee are saving my life!

• Options
    amc772amc772 member
    Hi all!  Wow, didn’t realize this board was so international. Hope anyone who celebrates it has a good 4th of July, and @Australian_girl_in_Paris , hope you enjoy the 14th!  
    @flgurl84 and @j_mo617 :  good to see some fellow animal lovers here.  

Ages (you and SO): I’m 33, my husband is 41

How many months have you been TTC? 1.5

What are you doing to get knocked up - pnv, opk, just cut out most caffeine!  I went off birth control in May and I’ve been surprised by how much I forgot how not fun AF is, and by how frustrating my irregular cycle is.  My doctor said to let her know if I didn’t get a period in 3 months so I should be grateful that I got it sooner... I guess?

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) - I’m a biologist, we have two cats we adore, I like to run and work on our new house! .

@becs4books: welcome to the message boards!. I came off of BCP end of March best way to describe first AF off BCP is to watch this SNL clip: so funny and so true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQIEy_x9w4      

I seriously recommend starting to temp to track your ovulation especially if you think you are going to be irregular. I was fooled into thinking I was back to normal because my first 2 cycles were but now I'm on an irregular cycle. 

• Options
    @Australian_girl_in_Paris- yes!  Decaf coffee isn’t so bad at all!  Love it, don’t know why I thought that would be hard. 

@amc772 - I’m dying!  That was me.  I’ll have to start, thanks, I feel embarrassed about it but my husband will be the only witness. 

• Options

How many months TTC: 

What are you doing to get knocked up: Using FF App to track ovulation but my period is all wacky. Last time around I tracked my temp but I’m always jumping out of bed in the morning to get my daughter so I always forget to do it

Tell us about yourself: My husband and I have been together for 7 years, married for 4 of those. We have a beautiful daughter who will be 3 in October. We also have 3 golden retrievers. We live about 20 min outside of Boston. I stay home with my daughter, but worked as a chemist until I had her.

• Options
    MRDCleMRDCle member
    This is from last week, but I don't see anything for this week so I'm just gonna go with it!

How many months TTC: This will be our first month.
    What are you doing to get knocked up: OPKs and tracking BBT and CM with FF. 
    Tell us about yourself: My husband and I have been together for a little over four years now - we have a son who is 3, and I was pretty active on the F15 board before the mass exodus (and I've been lurking here for a while as well). I had severe pre-e with my son, so I have met with a MFM who has me improving my cardiovascular health and taking extra folic acid on top of my PNVs.

My favorite things (other than the ole husband and child) are baseball, cooking shows, hamburgers, and champagne. I work in marketing and my husband does HVAC. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Ages (you and SO):  I am 26 and my husband is 27

How many months have you been TTC? This is our first month TTC.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?  OPKs, tracking BBT, CM, and FF....my cycles have been crazy all over the place since coming off birth control pills last fall so it makes things interesting for sure.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) My husband and I met my senior year of high school through my older sister and brother in law. They lived in South Carolina at the time. I went to visit them for my spring break, and they set me up on a blind date. I had absolutely no interest in him at the time. I thought he was too nerdy :smiley: After college, we reconnected and it hit it off really well. We've been married for two and half years now.  We live outside of Raleigh, NC. We have a Shih Tzu named Zeus who is adorable but a total mess :smile: My husband works in finance and I run my own photography business. I mainly specialize in weddings, families, and newborn sessions and love every second of it!

*Ticker Warning*

• Options
    @MRDCle Are you from Cleveland?

@Knottie35059622 Welcome!  I would suggest that you change your screen name to something more unique so that we can recognize you easier.  If you're unsure how to do it, you need to sign in on The Knot, change it there, then come back here and log out and back in again.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    MRDCleMRDCle member
    Yes I am! Born and raised :)
  • Options
    @MRDCle YGPM

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    lurking...

@lulu1180 THANK YOU for this info. I have been trying to change my username for ages and couldn't figure it out... 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    Ages (you and SO): 30 and 32

How many months have you been TTC? First month!

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? FF and OPKs! Literally just got off birth control pills so we'll see how this goes!

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) My husband and I have been married for 7 years and have a 3-year-old son. So excited to re-join this community after being away for a few years! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mali0902mali0902 member
    edited July 2018
    Ages (you and SO): 29 & 30 (*edit: SO is not  39!)

How many months have you been TTC?  1 month TTC #2

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Not much this go around. Checking my cervix and cm. Tying to get in tune with my own body!

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)  DH and I have been married for 4 years, and have a DD who is 19 months, and a dog with {we think - he’s a rescue!} is around 8. I teach 4th grade and enjoying singing in my spare time. We just got back from a week+ of camping in VT. Next trip is Cape Cod at the end of the month! Excited to be back on these forums and ready to get the ball rolling!

• Options
    Welcome everyone!

@mali0902 Camping in VT and a vacation in Cape Cod? It sounds like you live in NE! I was born and raised in MA. I miss the seasons so much!
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO): I'm 30 and my husband is 34.

How many months have you been TTC? The idea of "trying" freaks my husband out so I have to say we're "not trying but not preventing"... which is what we've been doing for the past 1.5 years, but I've been more intentional about it for the last 4 months.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Currently just using the Flo tracking app; thinking about temping

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) My husband and I have been together for almost 11 years, married for 6. We have one daughter, Eloise, who was born in August 2015 (I was active in the A15 bmb for a while, but my old account was deleted). We have 2 rescued pups: a 1-year-old boxer/hound mix and a 9-month-old boxer/pug mix. I work for a nonprofit association management company. In the rare event that I have spare time, I love to read and enjoy kayaking.

• Options
    @flgurl84 I hope your test went well last week!

@becs4books You'd be surprised how unobservant *some* SOs can be about temping in the early morning... You may have no witnesses.

@chrissdee 'The idea of "trying" freaks my husband out...' YES TO THIS. I told my husband last week that I document when we have sex in my Flo app, and he looked completely horrified and shocked for a full 5 seconds, while I got increasingly defensive.Then he pulled himself together, "Nope. You're right, honey. Part of the reason I love you is that you're so driven and organized." I wonder how he'll feel if I tell him about posting our frequency anonymously on the TWW board. I'll ask.

Ages (you and SO): 30 (me), 35 (him)

How many months have you been TTC? 2; 3rd cycle

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? PNVs, OPKs, BBT, CM, Flo app

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Just 2 pets right now: a regal Siberian cat and a snuggly and energetic Staffordshire terrier/German Shepherd mix. I'm a scientist at a startup medical device company (*overly cautious TW* Saving the world from cancer! *end TW* Sort of. Baby steps.) I love to be outside and spending time with my family.

• Options
    Ages (you and SO): I am 27 and DH is 29

How many months have you been TTC? We just started this month!

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? I tracked my ovulation and we BD'd every other day during my fertile window.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have one for baby. He is a very fat cat and the sweetest thing ever! I am an organizational fanatic and my favorite hobby is Glam Planning. :)

• Options
    tifflynnh_tifflynnh_ member
    edited July 2018
    @mrsE2015 My husband is a boxer and does BJJ too! It's awesome you both take part in it! 
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO): 25 and 27

How many months have you been TTC? this is our second month, the first month actually trying

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? ovulation tracking, plan on starting bbt charting next month

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am a middle school science teacher and working on my master's degree. We have two puppies. I am a hobby photographer who is always stealing my nieces for random photo shoots. My husband manages a business. We are really into going on adventures and exploring. 

• Options
    @tifflynnh_ I am a HUGE planner person. My EC lives in my purse. I don't care how much my husband teases me for buying stickers for it. 
  • Options
    serena999serena999 member
    edited July 2018
    Ages (you and SO): both are 35 

How many months have you been TTC? Six months. 

One chemical

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? ovulation tracking app, BBT charting, preseed.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)  We have a cat, living in a small apt in San Francisco.

• Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited July 2018
    Welcome you! If you get the chance, please head over to the knot and change your screen name so it will make it easier to tag you instead of having to add a gazillion numbers and letters :D 

Also, I live in los angeles, it's nice to meet a fellow californian on here and yes I agree, you have way better food and have the upper hand on sustainability :) 

Plus, also, I'm sorry for your loss. I've experienced that myself and it's truly devastating. Hugs. In the future, please add trigger warnings and place that sort of detail into a spoiler if you can. You highlight the trigger warning details, click on the paragraph icon in the post tools above, and click spoiler. It will place a gray background behind it so you'll know it worked. We have a ttcal weekly thread where you don't have to use the trigger warning features. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Thank you for helping me nevigate this site. I had read the rules and guidelines but yet managed to make a mistake. Haha. I will try to close the discussion post if I can figure that out. LA has real good food options so I go there a lot! 
  • Options
    @serena999 Nah, don't worry about it. We can't delete our own threads anyway. It will get pushed down by posts in the current threads. I agree that la has good food, but not as many places as sf. Every time I've gone to sf, I didn't want to leave, like ever :D 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN