February 2019 Moms

S+TM Check In (w/o 7/11-7/18)

2»

Re: S+TM Check In (w/o 7/11-7/18)

• jsh5jsh5 member
    @BourbonBiscuits Like you said - you find a way to make it work. I remember wishing I could nap with our second all the time like I did with our first, but it wasn't possible. Thankfully, they both take an afternoon nap at the same time now (minus this rough teething patch messing with my little ones sleep)- I'm hoping baby 3 will fall into the same afternoon nap schedule too.
  • jsh5 said:

Rants/Raves? Concerns about adding another tiny human to the mix? My step daughter cried when we told her our now 9 month old was going to be a boy...we will find out close to her 11th bday what we are having...but if it's another boy we may be postponing sharing the news

We didn’t find out with our first two but are debating with this one because DD will lose it if it’s not a girl. I don’t want her first moments with the new baby to be sadness or rage. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • @BourbonBiscuits. Totally lost it on my DS last night.  He is ina throwing phase (stating that he is a throwing robot  :| ). I just freaked on him.  He stared at my like the lunatic I am and as he stared at me he flung yet another stuffed animal through the hair.  Jesus take the wheel
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @danixbanani24 Jesus take the wheel is my jam over here. My kid didn’t sleep well last night (storms I guess? I honestly don’t know) and has been a monster today. He’s also refusing naps right now, which is just the greatest thing to ever happen to my first tri exhaustion. Thank god he’s a kid who puts himself to sleep and is happy being laid down in his crib wide awake. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?

10w5d 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 

One boy who is almost two 

How are your other kids doing this week?

My son is super sick with some intense head cold.  He does not know we are expecting.

Rants/Raves? Concerns about adding another tiny human to the mix?

I have no idea how we are going to afford this new child or make any of it work.  I cannot imagine any other kid being as amazing as my son, and I am worried about how it will be for him to share us and I am worried about getting less of him.  But I'm also excited.  My anxiety is drowning out the excited though.

GTKY: What is your favorite cookout/ bbq food? 

Brats

• @Erinm278 I don’t know how far you are into Dave Ramsey yet, but since you’re pregnant, he’d tell you to pause BS2 and go into “storm mode” and bank all of your snowball money instead of paying extra on bills until baby arrives safely. I don’t follow DR right now but I have listened to a lot of his podcast back in the day.