Infertility
Options

June 2018 IVF

1235»

Re: June 2018 IVF

• Options
    @purplg8r I'm so sorry to hear this unexpected result. I'd be crossing everything that these 2 would be PGS normal. (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    @purplg8r I’m so sorry. Fx they are good embabies!  
    @tinjp78 I’ll be checking in on 7/10 to see how your beta went!  Have you poas at all?  Coincidentally my graduation ultrasound is also on 7/10! Hope that will bring you good luck
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @purplg8r as mentioned before, sorry you only have 2 blasts to PGS test. Really hope they are normies.
    I forget - do you have any MFI issues and do you know what stage they stopped developing properly? Up to day 3 (if they fertilized) apparently tends to suggest egg quality issues. From day 3 to day 5 is most often sperm issues. I know we don’t want to use IVF as a diagnostic tool, but I guess this also explains a bit more why you’re having issues... 

@tinjp78 @pipsqueak624 sounds like tomorrow is a busy day!

AFM ER went well, we got 5 eggs from 5 follicles, 3 were mature, 2 fertilized normally and have started dividing. Now to wait until Wednesday to hear if they both make it to freeze on day 3 or not... 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @purplg8r I am sorry about your unexpected results.  We had something similar happen with 14 “excellent” quality on day 3 and then only had 3 make it to blast on day 5.  I think it is hard when you are not expecting it and it kinda catches you off guard.  Also wondering the same thing @emmasemm asked.  That seemed to be our problem.  Are you still planning on having them tested?  I was so worried that since we had less than normal outcome that would mean the embryos we did have would be messed up for some reason, but I follow a girl on youtube who had 21 fertilize and only 3 blast and is now pregnant with twins, so a low % make it to blast does not mean your embryos are not okay.
  • Options
    @emmasemm rooting for those 2 to make it!!

@emmasemm and @becca07024411 the embryologist called today and explained a lot but I didn’t understand most of.  I *think* she said they stopped growing on day 4 but H doesn’t have any issues that I know of. His numbers are always good. And we did have them tested.  I would rather know if they are abnormal than transfer them and they not even have a chance. Although the embryologist said that grading didn’t really matter, I did find out that one was BB and one was BC
  • Options
    @purplg8r just because there is an issue which reduces the number of embryos which develop to blasts doesn’t mean the ones that get there have a problem - in fact it might mean they are super good. Super super good to overcome any issues.
    And it doesn’t mean there is an overall general issue at all.
    its just most common that after day 3 it’s caused by sperm issues
    And a sperm analysis does not look at everything, it can’t. But have you had a sperm dna fragmentation Test at all? Might be worth talking about with your clinic... 
    Some of the PGS Testing techniques can tell you which parent the genetic abnormality comes from but with only two you probably won’t get info if it’s a systemic issue or not.
    Just like with some ladies who have unexplained IVF suddenly highlights an egg quality issue, it can also suggest a previously unknown sperm issue. That’s why IVF is as much diagnostic as anything else 

And when it comes to grading, unless you’ve got major issues with fragmentation in the embryo and huge vacuoles then it’s just like a beauty contest. They only need to be handsome enough to do the job, not win best looking embryo contest. I’m cheering on your BB and BC! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @emmasemm thanks!  And nope—what’s a sperm dna fragmentation test?  
  • Options
    @emmasemm GL, they say sometimes if you have fewer they may be better quality. The 3 that fertilized for me were all a great grade, but who knows only time will tell which or any stick. When will you transfer?
  • Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited July 2018
    @emmasemm I'm so happy your ER went well. I hope that we'd have a great news on day 3. :smiley:

@pipsqueak624 Hello! No, I have not POAS at home since transfer, now 8dp5dt, but I will from tonight because ....

***TW***

Guys!!!! I got a BFP today!!! It's my very first time to have this experience. I didn't POAS at home at all and when DH and I entered dr's office, I saw the pregnancy test which I took there, there on her desk with 2 lines!!! I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It was amazing. Never saw 2 lines before. However, my HCG was just 13.4 , dr. Wanted it to be 37.5 - 50 ... so, Beta #2 is 7/13.

While waiting for my blood test to come out (30-min wait), all I could do was pray and I could feel the prayers you sent my way. Thank you all. Please keep them coming, I still have a long way to go.

• Options
    @tinjp78 thats amazing!!!!  continuing to fx and pray for you!!!  we have our ultrasound in 3 hours,im nervous and I dont know why!  I do know what you mean about just sitting there staring at it though!  I even went out and bought a digital one just so I could see the words!

• Options
    ***TW***
    and we got to see the heartbeat too.  Beating at 112 right now.

• Options
    @tinjp78 yay!  That’s so exciting!  FX for good numbers on Friday!!

@pipsqueak624 awww!!  I love that!!
  • Options
    @pipsqueak624 Wow!!! I love your baby's first picture! And congrats on hearing the HB!!! I hope you'd have a smooth and happy 34 more weeks :smiley:
  • Options
    @tinjp78 we didnt get to hear it, but we did get to see it!  she showed us the black dot that was pulsating on the US, and then they measured it all within the ultrasound!

• Options
    We got our results back—and both embryos are normal!!!
  • Options
    @purplg8r That's great news! When is transfer?
  • Options
    @purplg8r That's amazing!!! Congratulations :smiley:
  • Options
    I don't have good news today, Beta #2 is 22.9 from 13.4 Dr. stopped my meds and will have Beta#3 on 7/20. :cry:
  • Options
    @purplg8r thats great news!!!
    @tinjp78 oh no, ive been praying so hard for you!  

• Options
    @lemondrop1976 depending on when AF comes, hopefully next cycle (but I’m a Kindergarten teacher so if it comes Before the middle of August then I’ll wait for the next cycle since I don’t want to miss school too early)

@tinjp78 oh no!  I’m so so sorry. 

Since my results cane came back so quickly, we’re able to get my testing done this cycle (we were going to have to wait until next cycle). I have a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy on Monday. 
  • Options
    Anyone have anymore updates on your cycles?

• Options
    Just venting...I feel like AF is coming, got those AF precramps I get not the tugging ones I want. Nerves are crazy.
  • Options
    @lemondrop1976 lets hope they arent AF cramps.  I thought thats what mine were too, I had the back on fire also like I usually do with AF, and mine turned out to be implantation cramps!  FX for you!