Infertility
Options

June 2018 IVF

Re: June 2018 IVF

• Options
    @purplg8r wondering the same thing...is it for helping to reduce OHSS?
  • Options
    @mandythym welcome, when are you expected to trigger? I know a lot of REs prefer to transfer 1 of you are young and healthy with good quality day 5 embryos since there are a lot of risks associated with carrying multiples.  We only transferred one our first FET because I really didn't want to do anything to increase the chance of twins. We are doing PGS this time and my clinic will NOT transfer more than one normal embryo. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @becca07024411 thank you! I am healthy and 33 so the RE has already expressed a preference to transfer one. I am actually interested in twins though so I wouldn’t mind doing 2. I am worried about complications though so I do keep going back and forth. I should trigger Sunday or Monday, I’m hoping to find out today for sure. 

I saw you were wondering about mixing your vials do to one shot. That is what my dr had me do. They also had me mix it with my gonal f so I really only had to do 1 shot instead of 3. It was nerve wracking at first trying to make sure I was mixing everything correctly, but worth it for only one needle! What did they end up telling you? 
  • Options
    @mandythym @becca07024411 I’m not exactly sure but she brought it when I mentioned the worry of OHSS (I almost had my last cycle due to 6 medium sized follies—she said that was a good sign for IVF.  I asked if I would be at risk for OHSS and she said no because I would be on a no-carb diet during stims)
  • Options
    Hello everybody! I'm so sorry I was MIA for a while. I was clearing my mind off of all IF burdens that while on the process I resumed my master position in a MMORPG game I'm playing (ha, kids' stuff).

June is finally here and so let's get the ball rolling^^

@bakerstreetboys Nice to hear that those paperworks are out of the way. I often hear from ladies here that the waiting time is one of the hardest but hang in there, this is a nice opportunity to prepare yourself and your home for the coming of your bundle of joy :smile:

@Imajin99  I'm sorry your RE couldn't see more follies. Have you made a decision of whether to go ahead this month or to convert to IUI? If you did have IUI, keeping my fingers crossed for you on this TWW.

@emmasemm Hi there doll. I start stims in 3 weeks probably. I'm hoping that this new challenge of dbl trigger and ER would do the trick for you. I think I've seen somebody did this recently but can't remember if there was a discussion on the quality of the eggs retrieved. Are you planning on a PGS testing? 

@purplg8r  that low-carb diet during stims to prevent OHSS is kind of interesting. My clinic now and the hospital where I did my IVF#1 didn't have any advice on my diet, I sometimes wish they did.

@mandythym  Hello and welcome to the June train. I'm sorry that you have to be here but I wish that your stay would be as short as possible :wink:  I'd be ok to transfer 2 if I were given an option to do so. Here in Japan, we can only do that after 2 failed single transfers. Although DH is leaning to transferring just 1, he thinks it's risky doing otherwise. GL on the upcoming ER.

@becca07024411 Nice to see that you are moving forward. GL on the stims! Sorry I don't have any suggestions on the Menopur mixing, I have almost all of my shots done at the clinic.

Afm, I'm here at the clinic now for a mock transfer, holding my pee and feeling kind of uneasy. It's my first time doing this. Anyway, I'd be logging in more often to see how everybody is doing and to shoo away the spammers. And oh,

@melissa022 may I ask what brings you here to this thread?
  • Options

@tinjp78 I hope the mock transfer went well. 

I will be moving to the July IVF thread once it opens, as the waiting will bump us at least another month.  Good luck to everyone here :)

• Options
    @tinjp78 hello! Thank you for the welcome! I have never heard of a mock transfer. What is it and what is the purpose? 

AFM, I took my trigger shot last night. I am really crampy this morning so far. I might have to just do a half day at work because it is already quite painful. I was also told I’m high risk for OHSS so I’m worried I won’t be able to transfer as planned on 11 June. :( 

I would love to see updates from everyone else! 
  • Options
    @mandythym sorry to hear that you're feeling crampy. The half day off seems like a good idea, rest and relax and feel at ease that your body can handle this. I'd be praying that you won't get OHSS and that you're good to go for June 11.

A mock transfer is like a dress rehearsal of the actual ET, everything that will happen during the day the embryo would be placed inside the woman's uterus is performed during this procedure minus the real embryo. The dr tries to find the optimal location in the uterus where there would be a better chance for the embryo to implant. The dr also takes note of several other details like the shape of the uterus, obstacles that might be expected, etc.

This was my first time to undergo such procedure. Good thing I already got some info from the boards here and so I kind of know what to expect already. My clinic nurse instructed me to hold my pee upon arrival to the clinic for the procedure today. DH and I arrived there at 11am. Though I was already feeling the urge to pee, I still drank some cold sports drink coz it was a hot day. I was called after an hour and a half wait. I was so uneasy. Then the nurse asked me how full my bladder was because if it was too full, the dr won't be able to see my uterus and others very well (they should've told me this beforehand) Since my Japanese isn't that fluent, DH translated everything to me and I described how full my bladder was with a score of 7 with 10 being the fullest. I lied, it was actually almost like a 9 but I didn't want the mock  transfer to be cancelled plus I had just read *tw the successful delivery of the first BFP in the group I joined here last year for my IVF#1 *end tw* and so I felt brave and encouraged. Yes dr had a bit of a pickle in viewing my uterus but the whole procedure went fairly well.
  • Options
    Hey everyone. Sorry I’ve been missing but we had a lot of stress with still being threatened to be cancelled, then a sudden next day trip overseas to my clinic which at least convinced them to keep the cycle going.
    We triggered Sunday night, we’re flying Monday and late Sunday the whole airport was suddenly closed. Cue panic search for other airports we could fly from and finding one a 3 hour drive away.
    We made it in the end and then had our ER today. With only three follicles looking like they might be in the mature range we were super happy to hear they got 4 eggs! This is more than we ever got before! 
    Now the wait until tomorrow for the mature/fertilized call.

@tinjp78 well done advocating for yourself and also for holding in all that pee! It’s no joke!
    PGS testing is open for now - this first round we will freeze day 3 (hoping we have embryos) and then see what happens in the next round. We probably won’t do a double trigger this time as the 3 follicles they didn’t puncture today haven’t responded for more than a week. But we keep it on the table for each cycle.
    Keep shooing away the spammers too! They are driving me crazy. I just press report these days...

@mandythym good luck for your ER tomorrow. Did you trigger with HCG or with Lupron or a mix? If they were very worried they should not have triggered you with HCG. And although we all want to transfer ASAP, the risk to you and the embryo if they suspect OHSS is too big. You don’t want to lose that embryo unnecessarily. Nor put yourself at risk.
    Also re twins. Before you decide I recommend to listen to the Beat Infertility podcast, the episodes where Heather tells her own story. Then if you’re still happy to go ahead at least you’re fully informed.

@bakerstreetboys ohhh the waiting. Hopefully I will see you over there if we get the green light for round 5 in the next days.

@becca07024411 hope you’re doing ok
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    becca07024411becca07024411 member
    edited June 2018
    @tinjp78 omg the mock transfer full bladder feeling is horrible!! Some places will have you empty it a little if it is too full. Thanks to that I learned to not have my bladder TOO full for transfer, apparently most people over do it, so I think they should probably just suggest a “non-empty” bladder. 

@mandythym You are getting so close!! The only good think about feeling so crampy and uncomfortable right before ER is instead of being nervous about the being sedated/the procedure itself, I was just looking forward to getting those eggs out! Lol.  Is your retrieval in the morning?  Did they switch you to the Lupron trigger?

@emmasemm I can’t imagine having to deal will travel and plane flights on top of IVF stress.  Do you every fly to where your clinic is and stay for several days? Congrats on the 4 eggs! Did you say y’all were doing ICSI?

I had my Day 4 BW appointment this morning and it looks like I will continue all my meds at the same dosage and go back Thursday for BW and US.  My e2 was a 265 (I don't know what the units are, but I'm in the US), although I am not sure exactly the ideal range at this time. I really wish I would have asked for these numbers time to compare. 

• Options
    @mandythym I’m sorry you’re feeling crampy—and I hope that you don’t get OHSS!

@tinjp78 ooh—that sounds so  uncomfortable! I’ll be keeping that in mind when my time comes. 

@emmasemm I’m so excited for you!  4 is a great number!!

@becca07024411 I hope everything continues to go well!

I had my first acupuncture session today. Not too sure how I feel about it but the plan is to go twice a week. 
  • Options
    @emmasemm Congrats on four eggs!  I can't even imagine everything that you're going through!  Or you flying from the US to the UK?!
  • Options
    @emmasemm that sounds crazy stressful and I’m soooo glad it worked out! FX that all 4 fertilize!! They had me do a dual trigger, just a little bit of HCG since they are trying to get me a fresh transfer if possible. 

@tinjp78  I have never heard of that! Definitely some good info though.... do most clinics do a mock? 

@becca07024411 I did a dual trigger with Lupron and I have my retrieval at 10 in the morning. You’re right about not worrying because I’m so ready to just get them out! I hadn’t even realized til you pointed it out, haha. Is e2 your estrogen level? I never really asked about my hormone levels, but they mentioned it at a couple visits. I haven’t done enough research to know what is normal, good, or bad. Hopefully you have lots of follies at your U/S! 
  • Options
    Hi all - I'm finally getting on this board, I'm on the long Lupron downcycle protocol and started Lupron about a week ago.  I start my stims on Friday.  This is our first IVF cycle, and we're just trying to process each new step as it comes, stay positive as we get through the waiting periods, and swallow the tough pill of the large OOP expenses.  

First US and bloodwork after starting stims will be Monday, I'll post progress then.  Good luck everyone, thinking of you all as we move through this process together!
  • Options
    @erwahler welcome!  I am pretty new to the IVF scene as well. We also had to do this OOP so I feel you there. I keep telling DH that our kid will be getting an itemized bill when they turn 18.
  • Options
    @becca07024411 we fly in when they want to do final monitoring and for ER the day before, then fly out after. It depends how the appointments fall. Yes we did ICSI this time, but didn’t the last three times.
    Your E2 looks good for first level. Nice and steady is best. 

@purplg8r I was also not sure at my first acupuncture. By the third one I was asleep and snoring. Most relaxing 45 minutes I have all week now. No clue if it helps my ovaries or lining, but I get a really great power nap!

@bakerstreetboys we fly from Germany to the UK. I’m a Brit but haven’t lived there for more than 10 years. We close the clinic there for logistical reasons, cost and DOR expertise.

@mandythym that sounds like they’re planning nice and safe for you yet still keeping options open. Practical strategy

@erwahler good luck getting started

AFM bad news was that none of the four eggs were mature enough to fertilize via ICSI yesterday but two did this morning, so now I have to wait until tomorrow to hear if they continue or if the whole cycle is a bust.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @emmasemm today was a little better. It bugged me for the first 5 mins or so (and I still don’t like when they put them in) but the electrical pulse was softer this time. Still didn’t fall asleep but wasn’t as tense. I’m so sorry that none of the four eggs were mature enough. Keeping my FX that those two continue!
  • Options

@mandythym Hope your retrieval went well!  Will they be giving you updates along the way, or do you have to wait until freeze?

@emmasemm keeping my fingers crossed for your two to continue growing nicely!  I did not know eggs could continue to mature after they are retrieved- well, I guess I have heard something kinda like that, but it never really made since to me.  Like, if they can mature in the lab then why can’t they do that for all the immature eggs they collect? (I will have to google this later)

@erwahler Welcome, all the waiting really IS the toughest part.  Have you done IUIs before or jumping straight into IVF?

I had Day 6 BW and US today, but I totally forgot to ask about my E2!  Man, I was so curious to see what it would be today!  Hopefully they can give it to me when they call after my appointment on Saturday when I go back for Day 8.  As far as follicles, I had 17 that were over 10 mm with 11 on my right and 6 on my left, so it looks like my right side for sure has more than my left again this time.  I wonder why one side produces more??  When we did our IUIs I had one release from the right side and the next month release from the left.  I did ask if she had a better range for ER and she said probably Monday or Tuesday.  I am hoping for Tuesday to give me one extra day of stimming compared to last cycle.  The whole reason we switched to the Lupron protocol was because he was trying to slow my body down, but they haven’t reduced my meds this cycle, so hopefully that means something. 

Emotionally I am more relaxed this cycle during the stim part and not so much on edge about every call, US, etc and not googling every little thing, but unfortunately partly because everything looked so good last cycle all the way through day 3 embryo check, and then on day 5/6 freeze is when everything went south, so I will probably save my basket case emotions for the wait between day 3 and 5 call.  I guess this time I will at least know what to prepare for. 

• Options
    Hope everyone is doing ok!

Our one little embryo was still fighting hard today. If it’s ok tomorrow they will freeze it (day 3).
    And I’m starting priming tonight for the next cycle. We will do day 2 baseline and decide that night if we go ahead or not (if my FSH is too high we will wait a cycle and try to help it down a little). So I might see some of you at the end of the month again! Fingers crossed!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• Options
    @emmasemm I hope your one holds on!  If they freeze it, when will they transfer? Are you priming for another cycle to get more eggs or just in case the one doesn’t make it to freeze?

@becca07024411 were you able to find out what your e2 was? It sounds like everything is going well! I look forward to updates!

My retrieval went well, but oh my gosh, the pain afterwards. I fell sooooo much better the day after and even better today. They called with an update yesterday and I will get another tomorrow with a fresh transfer planned for Monday. I had 18 eggs retrieved, 15 were mature and 10 fertilized normally. I haven’t noticed any signs of OHSS so FX it stays away!! I hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Options
    @emmasemm Thank you!  Just did my first stims, first time using Menapur and it took me like 10 min because I had to look at all the steps in the instructions!  Funny how many new things become second nature during this process.

@becca07024411 I actually haven't done any IUIs - we did two cycles of stims with timed intercourse (our insurance would cover the medications in this scenario), and were working on an IUI cycle in March but had to cancel because I went from 1 lead follicle to 6 viable follicles in a 48 hour period between US appointments.  So we made the call to begin IVF since we were starting to pay OOP and wanted to maximize our chances of success.
  • Options
    @emmasemm crossing my fingers for your fighting embryo and that your level are good to move along with this next cycle!

@mandythym glad you are feeling a lot better and hopefully everything is good to go for a Monday transfer. Did you decide how many to transfer? I am so jealous of everyone whose RE does fresh transfers. The waiting is THE WORST!

For today's stim day 8 appointment I still had 11 follicles over >10 mm on the right and left went up to 8.  My estrogen level for today was 2202 and I did find out it was 848 for day 6. Thankfully they are going to have me stim a little bit longer, so I go back in Monday (day 10) and looking like a Wednesday retrieval. 
  • Options
    @becca07024411 it sounds like everything is going well! If you retrieve on Wednesday, you will be exactly one week behind me! Why doesn’t your RE do fresh transfer? Cause you’re right, waiting is the worst! We won’t know how many to transfer til Monday when we sit down with the RE. I know based on previous convos though he will probably push for 1. 

Day 3 update... 5 good quality embabies, 4 fair, and 1 struggling in the poor category. 

• Options
    @emmasemm come on, little fighter!

@mandythym I’m sorry you were in so much pain!  But that’s a great number!

@becca07024411 I’m glad they’re having you stim longer
  • Options
    I had my first US after 3 days on stims today.  So far 4 follicles around 9mm on the right, with 5-6 more potential on each side.  I haven't gotten my bloodwork results back yet.  Going back Wednesday to see how things are progressing.  I'm also doing an acupuncture protocol that involves 9 sessions during the period of time leading up to retrieval, so I'll be going multiple times this week.  Trying to stay relaxed and visualize good growth and development!
  • Options

@mandythym They don’t do fresh transfers under normal situations because they want to give your body time to get “back to normal.”  For them, they see better success rates doing it like this (but also I think a lot of it probably has to do with timing and getting everyone’s schedules to line up so everything can be on specific days/etc.  Like, my doctor does transfers on Thursdays and they have you on BCP between ER and FET to time everything properly, but I really really wish I could go straight into FET protocol after CD1 and not have to do a couple weeks of BCP first.  I am going to ask, but they will probably say no).  Hoping your embryos keep growing properly!

@erwahler I did not know some clinics do US that early in stims, that is cool.  Is the acupuncture protocol linked in with your RE office, or are you doing it completely on your own?

This morning was my last monitoring appointment.  My estradiol was 3717, so the nurse said I need to trigger with half a dose of HCG tonight as a precautionary measure to help prevent OHSS because of my estradiol and follicle count.  ER is Wednesday morning!  I had my 2nd acupuncture session and brought my husband this time from their insistence.  Mine was short, sweet, simple, but his session was long, he got several shots, and left with all these bottles of herbs, lol.  They said he needed to come back 3-4 times a week, or as many as he could for a while because he was in “really bad shape.” Hahaha.

• Options
    Hi everyone!!!  newbie here, I introduced myself in its own thread, but I wanted to intro myself here too since we are in the process of IVF cycle #1.  We have been TTC since december 2005 with no naturals, and multiple failed IUI.  I am 35, and DH is 39 with male factor infertility.  Our RE decided withus that the best chances we had were for IVF.  I had a polyp removed in January, and after a few setbacks, we completed stims last week and had our retrieval on Friday.  We had 10 follicles retrieved, all 10 were mature, and 9 of them fertilized with the ICSI (i think thats what its called when they pierce the egg and place the sperm)  On day 3, 8 embabies were grade A, and 1 was grade B.  I go for my transfer tomorrow (wednesday) and am super nervous.  I'm afraid that we used up all our good luck and baby dust on the retrieval and fertilization.  This will be a fresh transfer and we are planning on transferring 1 embaby and making the other 8 become snowbabies as of right now anyways, that could change in the morning if the blastocytes stopped splitting on us.  Any veterans have any tips for me?  This is something we have wanted for so long as I'm sure you all can understand, and I just am lost and nervous going into tomorrow.  We have been taking the PIO intramuscular injections since friday's retireval.
    <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pipsqueak624 Those are great numbers!  Good luck tomorrow:)

Has anyone done/going to do the patch protocol?
  • Options
    @erwahler I’m doing acupuncture too. I went twice last week and she’ll have me go twice a week through the retrieval (not sure what it will be for transfer)

@becca07024411 good luck tomorrow!!  How are you feeling?

@pipsqueak624 no tips here but good luck tomorrow! 
  • Options
    @erwahler sounds like you’ve got some good growth! Did you have another U/S today? How is acupuncture going? Do you feel like it’s helping?? 

@becca07024411 how was your ER?? I’m excited to hear! Any symptoms of OHSS? Did you ask the question about not doing the BC? I hope it’s all going well for you! FX!! 

@pipsqueak624 hello, and welcome! I am a newbie to IVF as well and just had my transfer yesterday so I don’t have much advice to offer. I will say it helps having others to share the journey with. And it always amazes me how different some peoples protocols are. Science is awesome! I was nervous about transfer day too, but the worst part was having my bladder full. Thankfully, I timed my water intake so my bladder stopped filling and I was able to handle where it was for the half hour of changing and the procedure. Otherwise it would have been way worse as they were pressing during the U/S.

AFM, I did the transfer yesterday. We had 2 ready for transfer and 4 got frozen. We opted to transfer both. One had started hatching which I’m told is really good! I felt a weird pinch last night and I keep wondering... implantation?!? My beta is scheduled on the 23rd, but I will definitely be testing at home starting this week. My ideal situation would be me revealing a BFP to my DH on Father’s Day. I hope everyone else is doing well! 
  • Options
    tinjp78 We had an up and down cycle with only two follicles and decided to continue with IVF however at the last appointment where they gave me my trigger shot to take in the evening at home the RE  called in the afternoon and advised that my E2 level had dropped and he recommended we convert to an IUI. In the 2 ww now and keeping fingers crossed but have already consulted with the RE for a slight change in protocol if we need to do an IVF cycle again.
    How are you doing and feeling?
    Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Options
    @mandythm and @becca07024411 I have been going to acupuncture about once a week for the past year - I started with it a few months before we first visited the fertility clinic.  My original acupuncturist specialized in fertility and developed a protocol that involves visiting 9 times in the weeks leading up to ER, and having e-stim on certain points during those sessions.  I recently started receiving much more affordable treatment at a community acupuncture clinic, which is allowing me to afford going so often.  I highly recommend looking to see if there's one near you if you're planning on treatments over a long period!

@mandythm Fx for you!

I had another U/S today.  I now have 4 follicles on the right, 2 on the left all in the ballpark of 10mm and hoping for more in the coming days.  Estradiol had increased from 77 to 256.  I have been advised to increase my Follistim slightly (again - started at 100, then 125, now 150), and I will go back on Friday!  They estimated Tuesday or Wednesday of next week for ER, so getting excited but also very nervous for that step.
  • Options
    @erwahler egg retrieval was really not that bad.  I had some cramping that day and the morning after, but didnt even take any of the pain meds they gave me, I just used my heating pad.  But I've always had really painful periods and cramps, so this was really nothing compared to normal period pains that I have.  Good Luck!!!

AFM, I had my transfer yesterday, and am now in the TWW period, and i'm going crazy already!  I felt like a sharp pain almost like ovulation pain last night, and some mild cramping this morning...any thoughts on this?  I feel like my uterus is like vibrating almost, its not painful really, just there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

@pipsqueak624 Welcome, and good luck in your TWW!  I wish I could say something to help ease the stress, but I really have no tips for that expect keeping busy- that helped me!

@bakerstreetboys I have never heard of the patch protocol?  Is that something with the estrogen patches?

@mandythym Good luck in your TWW!

@Imajin99 Hopefully you will get lucky with this IUI and not have to deal with gearing up for another IVF, but if so, they can tweak the protocol to better fit you.

@purplg8r hope the stims are treating you nicely!

ER was yesterday and they got 26 eggs total.  I got the call this morning that 21 were mature and 17 fertilized with ICSI, which is more overall than last time, but last time we had all 14 out of 14 mature eggs fertilize, so not sure what the difference is this time.  I am pretty guarded this time since everything went “perfect” until day 5 (all 14 mature eggs made it to day 3 with excellent quality), so now I am afraid any drop off between now and day 3 will mean I won’t have anything by day 5.  Because my estrogen was close to 4,000 and FC, they gave me a prescription for cabergoline as a precaution to help prevent OHSS.  I am feeling kinda okay and am back at work today, but I am for sure feeling it more than last time.  I am in a golf tournament scramble Saturday so I hope it turns around quick!

• Options
    @becca07024411 Maybe it's just something that they're doing at my clinic, or only in Canada.  When I get a + op, I start using the GnRH Agonist patch to prevent ovulation...on day one I start my injections of FSH and LH until it's time to trigger.  I haven't found much about it online!  

It sounds like you got an amazing number of eggs!  Fx that a bunch of them fertilize to day 5.  Good luck with the golf tournament!  I'm super nervous about the ER, I can't imagine playing golf a few days later.
  • Options
    Hello everyone. Sorry I've been MIA again. A lot of stuff going on on my end but I'll try to catch up in here.

@emmasemm How are you doing doll? Did you get to freeze the embaby you mentioned on your last post?

@pipsqueak624 Congrats on the transfer. I also felt very keen on all the sensations in my uterus during after my FET last Nov. I remember having those twinges and sharp pains. It was hard to ignore them because of all the expections and feelings as it was my first IVF, but my advice for you is to try your best not to stress about it and find some fun activities that would divert your attention from these, like a feel good movie or Disney animation? GL on the TWW!

@mandythym  Congrats for being PUPO!!! That plan to announce the happy news on Father's Day to YH sounds wonderful. I'll be waiting for your update and Fx on the upcoming beta.

@bakerstreetboys I also had the GnRH Agonist protocol on my ivf#1 but it was in the form of a nasal spray and not a patch. The patch I had experienced were the estrogen patches before my FET.

@lmajin99 GL on the TWW.  I'm also keeping my Fx for you that this IUI would be successful and that you won't need to go through another IVF cycle, but if you do, we'd be here to support you.

@purplg8r I also hope your stims is going along well.

@erwahler Hello! Did you have your ET already? How did it go? 

@becca07024411 Amazing numbers! I also hope you'd get a lot of snowbabies this time. GL on the tournament this weekend.

Afm, I had a CD5 u/s and have 1 follicle on each side. I start stims today. I'm still at the clinic and I'll update here again later for the details. 
  • Options
    @mandythym @pipsqueak624 FX for you!

@erwahler grow follies grow!

@becca07024411 great numbers!  Hopefully they stay high for day 5!

@tinjp78 I hope stims go well for you!

I had my baseline appt today. Everything looked good so I took my last bcp tonight and start stims on Tuesday. I’m starting to get nervous 
  • Options
    mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited June 2018
    Hi ladies - I’m lurking but wanted to let you ladies know, in case you weren’t aware (I wasn’t) — OHSS is not just a risk immediately following ER, but can also start (or worsen if you do already have it), if you get a BFP.

@tinjp78 yay for getting started on stims!!  Good luck :heart:
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    @mayflower513 would that be only for a fresh transfer?
  • Options
    @purplg8r GL on the stims! 

@mayflower513 I never knew that! Thanks for sharing that info here. My dr prescribed some meds last month for preventing OHSS and I wondered why it was given to me though I had not even started stimming yet and had no sched for an ER, now I know.