November 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight Series: Strollers (w/o 3/12)

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions and S+TMs to share the wealth of knowledge they've accumulated on baby products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week it's.... strollers

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed.  

For S+TMs: 

• Any lifestyle factors that could influence your picks:
  • Favorite [stroller]:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a [stroller] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on [strollers]?:

For FTMs

• [Stroller] you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?:

To view past Product Spotlights or view the upcoming schedule, click this link.

(Also just a reminder that if anyone wants to revive old threads to ask questions as we get further along and it becomes more likely everyone is doing further research, please feel free!)

*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Strollers (w/o 3/12)

• Options
    edited March 2018

For S+TMs: 

• Any lifestyle factors that could influence your picks:  None.  Average family with sedan and wannabe in-shape mama.  We take a lot of family walks and I used to push the baby to the grocery store back in the day, but we're not really off-roaders or anything.
    • Favorite [stroller]: Something I didn't discover.  We just bought the Britax B-Agile system because Lucie's List recommended it and I have only mild regrets, despite the fact that Kate and William own one (probably just for photo ops tho, let's be real).
    • Link/picture: Here it is at Target!
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):  I paid $250 off Craigslist for an unopened set some lady got gifted and didn't want.  I stalked the stroller listings for MONTHS and highly recommend going this route.  Pretty much anything turns up unopened and cheap eventually.  (We actually bought all our big-ticket items this way.)
    • What you like about it:  The carseat/base/snap-in-to-stroller system is CRAZY EASY.  It is SO NICE to be able to take a sleeping baby into the car from wherever you are or into your house from wherever you were.  I don't care if it made me buy an extra car seat later; SLEEP HAS NO PRICE those first three months!
    • What you don't like about it, if anything:  It's a PAIN to steer and you can't extend the pushbar to make it taller for husbands.  
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?:  I regret not having bought the BOB as a second stroller the first time around (maybe shoulda been a joint birthday and Xmas gift request, or found on Craigslist used) and may still splurge this time on a single, especially because you can kinda stick two kids in one for short periods of time with a supplemental harness.  Otherwise, I'm actually currently planning on NOT getting a double; most of my friends didn't until their third.  My plan is for the new baby to have the ol' Britax and I'll probably just buy a roller board and a thrift store umbrella stroller for DD (2.5).
    • Is there a [stroller] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: Yes.  All strollers that cost over $1000, because whenever I touched them in a store they made me temporarily regret my noble decision to become a poor public school teacher.
    • Additional thoughts on [strollers]?:  I don't love the one I wound up choosing the first time around, but it didn't wreck my life in any way, shape, or form.  :D  It's hard to find the perfect product before the kid arrives and you really need to spend hours and hours with it!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    As a FTM, I had the Graco click connect travel system and LOVED it! 

-It's relatively affordable
    -The infant travel seat can be transferred from the car seat base to the stroller with one easy click.
    -The stroller is under 21 lbs, has an awesome 1-second, 1-handed fold feature, and is very sturdy! 
    - Has the largest canopy shade I've seen on any stroller. 
    -Tons of storage space, cupholders, and a compartment to hold your phone, keys, etc
    -Unlike jogging strollers with inflatable wheels, you'll never get a flat! 

The only negative thing I can say about this stroller is that it doesn’t have a lot of shiny bells and whistles. I did have some stroller envy when I saw moms walking down the street with their $1000+ bugaboos. But ultimately, the graco was perfect for our family, and in hindsight, I would have felt pretty stupid spending that kind of money on something that will at some point be covered in poop/vomit and/or Goldfish cracker crumbs. 

https://www.target.com/p/graco-174-aire3-click-connect-travel-system-snugride-click-connect-35-gotham/-/A-17235418?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9033351&gclid=CjwKCAjwypjVBRANEiwAJAxlIgk2_MlzQJetcZQ9nIH5YvuMislBxajCEqQ1YwnAbVGas0QEDC00mxoCbCIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second what @TheSouffleGirl said about getting your stroller unopened on Craiglist--or, in my case, a mom's swap go on Facebook. I got the City Mini that way. It is a light-ish weight stroller that folds one-handed--I can get it from open on the ground to folded in the the back of the car in one motion, with my son on my hip. That's the pro. The con is that the basket is really small and difficult to access. Won't handle trails. 

I also got a beat-to-absolute-shit City Select on Craiglist and it works beautifully and has the bells and whistles--hand brake, giant basket, extendable handlebar for tall people (me), seat that can face toward you or out, and it can convert to a double. Will handle trails. I love this stroller, but new it is $$$. I got the adapter for a Graco infant car seat, and it has the same click-in tech as the Graco stroller that way. The only thing I don't like about the stroller is that it is heavy and doesn't fold one-handed, so that's a con if you're more suburban and will be loading it in and out of the car often.
  • Options
    As a FTM, I had the Graco click connect travel system and LOVED it! 

-It's relatively affordable
    -The infant travel seat can be transferred from the car seat base to the stroller with one easy click.
    -The stroller is under 21 lbs, has an awesome 1-second, 1-handed fold feature, and is very sturdy! 
    - Has the largest canopy shade I've seen on any stroller. 
    -Tons of storage space, cupholders, and a compartment to hold your phone, keys, etc
    -Unlike jogging strollers with inflatable wheels, you'll never get a flat! 

The only negative thing I can say about this stroller is that it doesn’t have a lot of shiny bells and whistles. I did have some stroller envy when I saw moms walking down the street with their $1000+ bugaboos. But ultimately, the graco was perfect for our family, and in hindsight, I would have felt pretty stupid spending that kind of money on something that will at some point be covered in poop/vomit and/or Goldfish cracker crumbs. 

https://www.target.com/p/graco-174-aire3-click-connect-travel-system-snugride-click-connect-35-gotham/-/A-17235418?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9033351&gclid=CjwKCAjwypjVBRANEiwAJAxlIgk2_MlzQJetcZQ9nIH5YvuMislBxajCEqQ1YwnAbVGas0QEDC00mxoCbCIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the stroller we have and I really love it. It’s so easy to open & close.  My 3 year old still uses it.

• Options

As a FTM, I bought the Graco Verb Click Connect travel system. I got it during the Black Friday deals for $145. It was light enough for me (I've had 2 back surgeries, including fusing two lumbar vertebrae when I was 24) and easy to fold, unfold, and store in the trunk. After using MIL's stroller last weekend, I came to appreciate the cup holders for parents; it's now a must. Also, it has a latch that locks the stroller when folded but doubles as a handle to hang a few light bags off of.

Link

Currently, this is what I'm looking at for two. I like the different ways you can use it for various ages and you can use any Graco Click Connect bucket seat, so we can use DS's for #2. Drawbacks: I don't see cup holders in the pictures and it says it's 32 pounds. I'm hoping to go to Buy Buy Baby sometime to check out other strollers in person and maybe they'll have this one or a similar one. It's also in the $220 range, which is high for our income. Plus, I'm not sure if we'll be able to use this when #3 comes. We want 3-4 kids and relatively close in age, so I need a good double stroller that can accommodate DS1 as a kid plus #2 as a toddler and #3 as an infant if things go according to our plans.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    @PMForbie That’s the same one I’ve been looking at, too. 32lbs?! No wonder all the reviews say it’s a great stroller, but very heavy.

Though I doubt a double stroller exists that weighs much less...unless it’s some carbon fiber contraption that costs ALL the money. It’s also 53” long when folded, so people with smaller vehicles may need to remove the sunshades and snack tray to make it fit. The snack tray with cup holder is removable. It’s not in the picture, but if you look at the product review video, it’s there. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the extra info, @concreteayngel!! Will be measuring our trunk space tonight lol

• Options
    I'm not sure if this is needed yet, but what about double strollers that can take two infants? 
    (We transferred two embryos...) 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @KristoKekerooni The double stroller that PMForbie linked is also compatible with two infants. You can attach two infant seats at once. 
  • Options
    • Any lifestyle factors that could influence your picks: if you frequently walk/run this is my recommendation (we didn't get it until DS was 1.5, so I can't comment on the carseat attachment that would need to be purchased for younger/smaller babies in their bucket seat). 
    • Favorite [stroller]: BOB revolution flex jogging stroller
    • Link/picture: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019EZD7Y2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&th=1
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $380-450 (we got our black one when it was $50 off)
    • What you like about it: It is SO easy to push and steer. It folds up in two quick steps and I can fit it in the trunk of my ford focus. It's awesome for our daily walks and frequent trips to the zoo where DS doesn't want to walk the entire time
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: n/a - it's seriously amazing and worth the $$ IMO
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: 
    • Is there a [stroller] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
    • Additional thoughts on [strollers]?:
    RE: regular strollers - we have the chicco cortina keyfit 30 travel system. I love the carseat, and the stroller is fine. It's a little bulky, so I plan on doing more research for smaller strollers that the carseat snaps into. I think it's the 4moms moxi stroller I've seen a few people have and it looks pretty neat but yikes at the price tag. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @PMForbie I'm pretty sure I *just* tried out the Graco double stroller you linked to. I have a toddler and was looking after a friend's toddler; she had a baby and this is their stroller. It switched from infant to toddler seating ridiculously easily-just tossed a flap over. Both toddlers were comfy and happy in it. Got it unfolded pretty easily. However, it would not steer one-handed, which was a bummer because it was raining and I wanted to hold an umbrella for myself (the littles had a rain cover). So I just got wet, ha. As pp said it's big and heavy. But I liked it fine. The kids were happy and comfortable and it wasn't wide like so many doubles.
  • Options
    @argyleagain that's great! It's nice to hear some probable real life experiences with the stroller!! Honestly, I just put up with the rain than deal with umbrellas. I keep DS covered, but have never cared much myself. I'm more concerned about my shoes getting wet than the rest of me and the majority of our heavy rains is in the afternoons.

• Options
    I'm debating getting the roller board attachment for our Britax b-agile but it doesn't have the best reviews on Amazon. Anyone have a preference for a side by side double vs an in line double? I imagine an in line is more maneuverable in stores and aisles. I will probably wear the baby in a ring sling a lot that way DD can ride in the stroller. But I know having a stroller to click the infant seat in was so necessary when DD was a babe .. decisions decisions!
  • Options
    We have the baby jogger city select- we got it planning on having two close in age so I’m glad it will work out. We love it for walks and the zoo/parks but it’s so big we don’t use it for more crowded areas or in stores. We Babywear for those situations or have a smaller umbrella stroller that we keep in the car. It will be interesting to see how much use it gets with two!
  • Options
    Did anyone with 2+ kids not get a double stroller? We have a single BOB and when I asked MH about getting a double stroller, he seemed to think we wouldn't really need one. As it is, we don't use the stroller that much. Before DD, we had planned to use it for running, but it was harder to keep up with after having a kid than we realized!  :D DD will be 4 when the new baby arrives, and she already walks around pretty well on her own, so I'm not sure we'll need a double stroller. Just wondering if anyone else went without a double stroller and was fine without one. Thanks! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland we only have a double bob because I run several times a week with both of them. They both respond well to bribery via snacks, so I’m able to get a 45 minute run in. If I wasn’t a runner, we wouldn’t have a double. It has never left
    our neighborhood. Trying to load it in the car would probably result in me harming myself. DD walks when we are out and about or I will wear DS and she will ride in the single bob. Also in a pinch, your older could perch on the little cover area over the front wheel. DD has sat there plenty of times when walking through the mall.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DD will be 2.5 when this baby comes and we're doing a similar debate on whether to get a double or not @offtoneverland.  We may go with one of the rollerboards for things like the zoo or wear the baby and have her in the stroller.  We mostly used the stroller with DD for walks since she was an early summer baby.  I don't see there being quite as many stroller walks with a late November baby.  All that to say following for others input since we're in the same boat.  
  • Options
    Lifestyle factors - our biggest use for the stroller was for walks and bringing DD in and out of daycare.  I wore her in a wrap a lot most other places. 

Favorite - We went with the Graco Modes click connect travel system.  

Link : https://www.gracobaby.com/en-US/modes<sup>-trade;<-sup>-click-connect<sup>-trade;<-sup>-travel-system

What you like about it : I love that it reclines almost flat and I can turn the seat around to face me.  When she was little, DD hated facing forward where I was out of sight so it kept her happy for more of the walk.  It also folds one handed which is awesome.  

What don't you like about it : at the moment?  That it doesn't concert to a double. But I really have no complaints. 

Stroller you don't have but are considering? : We're looking at the modes duo (Graco) but not sure if we really need a double or not.  
  • Options
    @wannaflickone Thank you for the input! It's super helpful. I never thought about having a child sit on the front area above the wheel, so that's a great idea for short little trips. It's great to know that it won't be the end of the world if we don't have a double. MH is adamant that DD will learn to walk distances on her own, so he hates bringing the stroller anywhere we go. Good for you for keeping up with running! I wish I had been able to, but I got a little burned out before I got pregnant with DD, so I just didn't have the desire to continue. I usually do YouTube workouts now. 
    @goldie987 That's a great point that since the baby will be born in November, we won't need a double right away anyways, so we'll definitely have time decide if it's a necessity for us. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    josie12367josie12367 member
    edited March 2018
    @offtoneverland There are several sit and stand type strollers too which might be a better option. I'm leaning towards getting one of those.  DD will be 2.5 but loves loves loves the stroller...I don't want her to feel left out. So the plan for now is a sit and stand type of stroller and always having a baby wearing option with me. That way if DD wants to ride, she can, and I'll wear the baby... or baby rides and toddler gets worn. I'd link some stroller options but they are UK brands. 

ETA that the S&S options are also smaller than a full double so it wouldn't feel to awkward used as a single
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    @josie12367 Thanks for the tip! I totally forgot about the sit and stand strollers. That's a great idea too, and they seem pretty affordable. I really am hoping to learn how to babywear this time; hopefully I can figure it out so DD can sit in the stroller and I can wear the baby. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    I babywore quite a bit with my first, but the stroller was excellent for naps and for my husband, who is nervous babywearing newborns. The stroller I have now (City Select) will convert to a double, but the kit and seat are like $150. I can use the seat I have and a carseat attachment kit for only $20, so we'll do that (one seat, one carseat) for the first 6 months and then see if we really need two seats.
  • Options
    I have the UppaBaby Vista and it is amazing. I love the versatility you have with the rumble seat, infant seat, kickboard, etc. We took all 3 to Disney World in May and couldn't have done it without the Vista. It's expensive, but worth it IMO. We also have the Mesa infant car seat that can snap in without any additional attachments, which is a big plus.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    So it’s probably too early but I just bought a stroller lol. I would have never bought one so soon but I heard babies r us is going out of business so I went by just too look and got 70% this one 
    https://m.toysrus.com/product?productId=69964016&cp=2255957.2273443.2256189.2256206&parentPage=family
    I’m excited. My husband joked that now that I bought a stroller we’ll definitely have twins lol. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @linz36 Whoa! What a steal! I went to my TRU today but they didn't have any sales yet. I was so disappointed! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland it was on clearance for 30% off because it was last years model. Then when I went to pay the cashier told me it was an additional 40% off. Apparently all clearance items have an additional 40% right now but they aren’t advertising it. I plan to go back every week to see what’s on sale.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options

For S+TMs: 

• Any lifestyle factors that could influence your picks:  we lived in a city and walk most places and a lot of terrain like cobblestone or snow and I needed to carry it up stairs every day and store in apartment.  
    • Favorite [stroller]:  baby jogger city mini
    • Link/picture:https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Stroller-Black-Frame/dp/B00G3XR7GS?th=1
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): ~$250
    • What you like about it: I love it.   We’ve never needed another one.  It held her car seat and drove smoothly but fit everywhere.  We just took it on a plane and it held a convertible car seat and luggage but it’s light and narrow and folds with one hand. It’s held up after 3 years (2daily) big basket for shopping.  Huge sunshade.  Comfortable.  Went through snow an ice easily.  One handed fold is awesome.  Attractive simple
    • Design.  I took off seat and used just the car seat for a super light frame.  I like that I didn’t have a big full feature stroller and umbrella but just one.
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: it doesn’t turn parent facing (except car seat) and it doesn’t convert to double, but those would make it heavier so it’s a trade off.  
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?:  I’m considering a double or sit n stand for my second.  I can’t find a sit n stand that has a nice recline for at least one seat. I need it to fit a Chico keyfit.  I’m trying to think of how I’ll use it most of my daughter is 3 y9m. Also we have bumpy sidewalks here and so I like having more all terrain especially in the winter.  I’m thinking maybe a jogging double and I could jog or use it for long walks when the older would get tired,but they’re hard to travel with...
    • Is there a [stroller] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: not really.  Ive noticed that the maclaren umbrella strollers aren’t much lighter than mine but I’ve seen people have a hard time with those in winter or on uneven sidewalks. 
    • Additional thoughts on [strollers]?:  look around at what people are using where you live.  Lifestyle is a big factor. 
  • Options
    I am resurrecting this to hopefully get some advice from moms who already have 2+ kids on double strollers.

Any throughts on a traditional double versus a tandem stroller? 

I am thinking of possibly a double citi mini

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Jogger-2016-City-Mini-GT-Double-Stroller-Teal-Gray/130096280?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228045451073&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=94361816570&wl4=pla-216585944450&wl5=9009565&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=130096280&wl13=&veh=sem
     or something like 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend-Sit-N-Stand-Double-Stroller-Carbon/17689557

DD will have just turned three when new baby comes along. Any advice on double stollers in general or especially with a three year old that would be greatly appreciated!

• Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited May 2018
    Since this was brought back up I’m just gonna throw out there how much I love our recent purchase of the Keenz stroller wagon. My almost 2yo boycotted the stroller, like full on meltdown any time we pull it out and I will wear the baby next year when he/she is too small for the wagon, but the dude LOVES this thing and so do we. We haven’t even folded it up because he’ll just chill in it at home he likes it so much! I last minute opted to spend the extra money for the limited color and I’m so glad I did because it’s love!!  <3 most of his face is hidden in these but don’t mind his messy hair. He also recently boycotted haircuts lol 
    nws
  • Options
    @lifesabeach85 I bought a used Baby Trend sit n stand when my girls were little, and it was HEAVY and horrible to push - I immediately resold it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I just found this double stroller used for £40 which is about $55. It retails for £279, which is over $300. I'm so excited. The top seat can be used as a travel system set up,  and the bottom seat is removable, so we can use it as a single or attach a buggy board (pic in spoiler if you've never heard of them). It's surprisingly light,  and folds enough to fit in my trunk without removing anything. Not sure if they sell these in the states though...It's the Graco Trekko Duo Tandem Pushchair.

Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    @pink724 I'm glad to hear you love your Uppababy Vista! I'm thinking we're going to get one of those. What accessories do you recommend? 
  • Options
    Adding my opinion now since I’m a late board joiner. We have the city mini gt and like others have said it’s amazing. As a STM I’ve been looking into doubles by trying out the ones my friends have and since I have a very tall child the front/back ones don’t seem to work for us (DS just turned 2) so I’m definitely going with a side by side.  But the front/back ones seem great for people with smaller kids. Also, my other recommendation would be to go to a store or mom-to-mom sale and actually push a bunch of different strollers. An easy to push, easy to maneuver stroller is a lifesaver!
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 I also got the BOB flex and LOVE it. It is so smooth riding and is great for walking/running. It was pricey but worth every penny. 

I got mine on sale at albeebaby.com. saved almost $100.

I can comment on the carseat use. It held my Chicco infant seat just fine with the correct attachment. It even folds up with it still connected. (The attachment, not carseat)

If you need compact then the BOB is not for you. I also purchased a Chicco lightweight almost umbrella stroller that is compact and I kept it in my car. It holds a Chicco infant carseat also. It was perfect for shopping or quick trips. It has a basket on the bottom also. 

• Options
    • Any lifestyle factors that could influence your picks
    We knew we wanted more then one kid, so we sprung for the UppaBaby Vista when I was pregnant with my son.
    • What you like about it
    Love that it comes with a bassinet (good for the newborn days of strolling and sleeping) I also like that it can turn into a double stroller, and also has a piggy back attachment so a toddler can stand and ride. I love that you can have the seat face you or away from you. It also has several different inclines which is really nice. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything
    It is $$$$$ especially when you start buying all of the additional accessories that come with it. 

We also purchased the UppaBaby g lite which is a very lightweight umbrella stroller. I don’t hate it, but we haven’t used it much. We always take our vista and probably haved used the light less then a dozen times. Not sure if it was worth purchasing a second stroller. It was nice when we traveled, but that’s really it. 
  • Options
    @ashkee05 my husband is obsessed with that wagon/stroller. They were all over Disney and he kept talking to the people that had them to learn more. He typically doesn't care at all about baby gear, so it was funny to see him so interested. Glad you love it!

My kids have never been super in to strollers, so I never got one for just general out and about stuff. Up until this baby, I've only had BOBs because I run a lot. I had the single for DD and loved it. Yes it is heavier, but it is SO easy to push. If I needed to take a stroller somewhere, it was pretty easy for me to use. I had the Peg Perego adapter for it and would snap the car seat into that. 

DS mainly used the BOB single as well. I have a double that I use all the time for neighborhood runs. That stroller has not been out and about beyond using it for runs, walks, or pushing around to neighborhood functions. It is hefty and I would be terrified flying with such an expensive stroller packed in the cargo section of a plane.

This go round, I actually purchased a leisure stroller and carseat that snaps right in without an adapter. I was able to score a UppaBaby Vista set at my local BBB on insane deal. I got the UppaBaby infant seat to go with off of Amazon Warehouse deals. I'm hoping I can grab the Vista Kickboard so DD or DS can hang out on the back. I don't envision DS wanting to ride in it much. It is a really pretty stroller and will hopefully make life easier hauling around 3 kids. We will see. 

I feel like my stroller collection is a little ridiculous, but I'm not getting rid of any. They all still serve a purpose.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 what accessories did you get  for your Vista? Currently considering what I'll actually need/use.
  • Options
    As a FTM we got the City Mini GT.  I love it!  We bought the attachment to connect the infant seat and it worked like a charm.  No complaints on the stroller.

I think I'm going to sell it though and get a Joovy Caboose Ultralight.  DD isn't big on sitting in her stroller anymore so I think the sit and stand option will be good.  I'm can get an attachment for the infant seat for that as well.

We also got a cheapie umbrella stroller from Babies R Us which is actually what we use more now when we need a stroller.  I just wish this one had storage underneath the seat for a few things.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers