Options

Weekend Randoms 6/30-7/1

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 6/30-7/1

• Options
    runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited July 2018
    Congratulations sm05-2!!!

Ok I'm kind of in freakout mode now. 2 weeks till my due date. July is here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Canada day to all Canadian ladies indeed! 
    @SmashJam that really sucks. What is it with men and learning moderation. Also in this case there's a potential drive to the hospital involved, why the heck would he want to jeopardize safety just to drink beer alone all night? Hope you find some activity with AC to escape the heat!

Forgot to mention that I've had a small red bump on my eye for a week and that it's gone now but the redness expanded and my eye is a bit swollen. Like I already feel so attractive! I don't know if a freaking spider bit me or what but I'll have to get it checked out by a pharmacist today.

Went to motherhood yesterday and got 4 nursing tanks and a nightgown. They had some sales, but holy shit, $30 for a nursing shirt is dumb. I had 60 dollars from an old return to spend and my mom treated me to the difference but I swear I'm gonna either have to have a second child or sell the sh**1 out of all these clothes when I'm done!

Also we went into other stores and it made me think how much I'm longing for normal clothes...I don't care if they have to be larger because of the post baby body, I'm just tired or mareemate stuff no matter how cute it is!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sm05-2 congratulations!!
  • Options
    So excited for it to finally be July! My FFC (do we still do those?) I definitely just snapped at a family member who asked me how I’m feeling. I just can’t anymore. This particular family member has asked everyday, multiple times and day and I just can’t. I’m not fine, I feel 12 months pregnant, it feels like 107* degrees outside, everything hurts, my whole body is sore all over, I’m exhausted...same as I was an hour ago when you asked..when I say I hurt or whatever she immediately assumes I’m in labor and then I have to convince her I’m not. It’s just exhausting. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sm05-2 congrats!! 

I just straight up lost my SHIT on H because he was being a baby about the heat and setting up the air conditioner I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT this morning. I basically told him to stop being a damn baby and sack up and get it set up because I was going to be home all day this week alone in this shitty heat and I didn't care if he was tired or hungover or hot but he's getting to go finish projects in his office today and all I need him to do is make me not sweaty. The air conditioner is now set up. 

We aren't going to the pool I don't think. None of them open til 1 and the only one open at 11 is way expensive and I'm worried I'll be too hot to make it worth it. Maybe we'll go after nap but I am just too hot.

@wildtot I'm glad your cat decided to be a twat to your H and not you! 

@kissableviv what a nice shopping spree! 
  • Options
    I. Hate. That. Question. @BrittG13. I dont answer it nicely anymore and I couldnt care less. 
    I’m due tomorrow and its 100 degrees outside, how do you think I’m feeling. Bring me an ice pop and shut your mouth. 

If any of you have access to a pool I can’t reccomend it enough!! I floated around like a beached whale yesterday and it was AMAZING. It’s sad to think after labor I won’t get to go in the water like that for a while. 

@kissableviv could it be a sty? Ouch! 

@sm05-2 congrats!!!!! 

@SmashJam ugh I’m sorry, he should really be more considerate with everything you have going on with your bro AND being so close to
    the end of your pregnancy 
  • Options
    @sm05-2 congratulations on your sweet girl!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @sm05-2 congratulations!!!

It's pool day today at our house!! Love it

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @kissableviv I stare at all of the cute outfits people have on as I am making trips to the bathroom at my office. I can’t wait to be out of maternity too.

@BrittG13 I hate that question too. I almost want to answer honestly and give TMI so they will think twice. My coworker with three kids asks with a concerned voice every time she sees me. It is annoying and she should know better.

I signed up for a CSA and I feel like I am a slave to food prep. I should be happy I am getting a lot of stuff but then I have to do something with it and DH is picky about veggies. I got the small portion but still got 15 summer squash. 
  • Options
    @chaser61 can u substitute summer squash for zucchini in things like zucchini brownies/cakes? That would be a great use of all of those squash!

• Options
    The pool sounds so nice right now! My in laws are still here, and my MIL was talking about how she drank and smoked with all her pregnancies. She’s like “they told me the kids would have low birth rate but they were 9 pounds! Imagine how big they would have been if I hadn’t smoked!” As if she thinks her smoking somehow made her kids healthier. I wanted to say “yeah and your son wheezes and has breathing problems but totally awesome that he didn’t weigh more at birth.” 
  • Options
    @sarafuss hahaha 11 months! My H is in his mid 30s, they definitely knew 34 years ago how bad smoking is during pregnancy. She doesn’t seem to think there was anything wrong with it though, especially since she did it with 3 kids. Shrug. Happy birthday to your son and yay for working from home!!

@zombiehoohaa so glad the puppy finally got taken care of! That’s a relief. 
  • Options
    chaser61chaser61 member
    edited July 2018
    @flockofmoosen3 Yes! I made a squash cake and a big pot of squash soup. You can’t even taste the squash in the cake. The cake has a ton of sugar though. I think I will bring some of it to my office. 
  • Options
    Congratulations @WorkinWeezel @moguippy @sm05-2

@SmashJam ugh I would be so annoyed with your H too. It’s not a crazy request your making. Especially coming from the person who hasn’t been able to drink for almost 9 months!

@zombiehoohaa I’m so glad the puppy is going to a good home! I was wondering about how that was working out!

We had a HOT busy weekend! Went to my friends parents pool at their house yesterday. That was AMAZING! I’m with @acunamatada - if you have access to a pool I highly recommend going! Then we went to an outdoor concert/fireworks event from 5:30 to 10pm. It was so miserable until the sun went down. I DONT recommend that. Then today we had maternity pics at 2:00. We were sweating immediately but I don’t regret it at all. The photographer has already posted a preview and the pictures are so amazing! Now I just want to sit in AC for the next few days. I need to be finishing up the nursery and organizing things but I’m just feeling lazy right now.
  • Options
    Congrats to all the mamas who had babies this weekend!! It’s making everything feel so real. 
  • Options
    Today I am going to my forest playgroup. It will be 76 by the time I get there at 9am. Weeeee! Def Bringing extra water.

Also new month...do we want an "Ask a STM" thread? I think it'll be a good place for the still preggos and those with outside babies to ask questions as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Today is DD's 4 year check up!

TB ate my post.

DH has kids all day today and he is excited to have the extra time with them, even tho there is a lot planned for them to do today. Dr appt, speech, pool time, and maybe a movie theater trip to see Incredibles 2!

• Options
    Survived another weekend of working night.  If I had to choose now I’d be done but I think I’ll wait until Wednesday to decide . “Recover “ a little. 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    So many more babies this weekend! Congrats to you all!!
  • Options
    @SmashJam I like the idea of an "ask a STM" thread, or even just an "ask other July moms" thread.  I think it's valuable to get some feedback or share ideas with other moms period.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere back to our regular "questions?" thread maybe?
  • Options
    @SmashJam I'm happy and will participate in whatever, questions,ask a STM, ask a July mom, whatever :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SmashJam I'm happy and will participate in whatever, questions,ask a STM, ask a July mom, whatever :)
    Same 
  • Options
    Congrats to the other mommas!

Thanks everyone!  Sorry I’ve been MIA. We are trying to do all the things we thought we would have another 3 weeks to do. Plus a baby that has his days and nights mixed up. Plus the constant parade of ppl wanting to meet baby. 

@zande2016 my bro and SIL ended up taking friends from college. And sending us pics of their fantastic seats. And they were on TV during an Aaron Judge homerun. While I’m glad they had a good time and the tickets didn’t go to waste. I’m super bummed we couldn’t go. Although for the best reason lol. 

@zombiehoohaa yay happy puppy tales!

@SmashJam sorry DH was being a total butt. Hopefully he has made up for it. 

There were here a few other things I wanted to respond to but I honestly just can’t remember and I might go take a nap lol