December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms July 7-8

maureenmcemaureenmce member
edited July 2018 in December 2018 Moms
What are you guys up to this weekend? Is it miserably hot where you are? How are you keeping cool? Yesterday here it got to 113 (ahhh!) and today is supposed to be 102, so I'll mostly be inside with a stir crazy toddler - how about you?

Re: Weekend Randoms July 7-8

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hkom Enjoy that nice weather!

@echo-charlietango Ooh a Shakespeare festival sounds fun but yeah I am basically avoiding outdoor events entirely right now. Enjoy the biergarten, reading and dog snuggling though!
  • Options
    Literally the same as @hkom regarding the weather. It’s a nice break today from the heat and humidity while still being super nice out. 
    We have a wedding later today, but I’m hopeful it will be a million times better than the last I went to, especially because it is 5 minutes from my house! 
    On our way to Walmart to try out their grocery pickup then hanging out until my mom arrives to watch my daughter while we go to the wedding. Happy Saturday!
  • Options
    Same here. Finally nice weather!  Inviting a few friends over for a bbq.  Excited to be outside and not be miserable. 
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    I’m also excited to finally have a break from the heat and humidity. Sorry @maureenmce and @echo-charlietango that you are not getting a reprieve. DS had swim lessons this morning and was okay with me letting go of the noodle for the first time, so that was exciting. I’m currently hoping he naps while I get ready to go to a family cookout here in a bit. I really need to buy some maternity shorts. I feel like I either overdress or look dumb in my postpartum casual ware that fits so awkwardly now.
  • Options
    @katy0990 I'm happy today was a good swim day! And definitely go buy some maternity shorts, I practically live in mine to escape my surprisingly oppressive pants.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, shit. My daughter has a 102 fever and has thrown up three times mostly spit from working herself up from sobbing the last 45 minutes. She finally fell asleep on me around the time the Tylenol would have started working.  I don’t know how I will get ready for this wedding lol and frankly I don’t really want to go 
  • Options
    hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited July 2018
    Oh geez, poor DD! And you. I hope she feels better STAT. But maybe a good excuse to skip the wedding?  :#

Also appreciating a heat break here in central IN. But it’ll start warming up again tomorrow, I think. Tonight, it’s Dave Matthew Band round 2 for me. They played such a good set here last night, I’m super excited to see what they do tonight. 

Now.... I need your shampoo recs. I’ve been using Living Proof Perfect Hair Day for a few years now, with classic Head & Shoulder every so often. My hair has changed so much postpartum :bawling:. [ETA - maybe not SO much, but it seems more coarse than it used to be] That plus general shampoo fatigue has me eager to try something new. 
    I have mid-back length, slightly wavy, fairly normal hair. 
    Whatcha got?? 

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes nooooo! I hope DD feels better ASAP! 

@echo-charlietango that would be amazing! 

@scaredunprepared have a great time at the BBQ! 
  • Options
    I’ve worked all day. No clue WFD, but I get to take DS1 for stitch removal later. :(
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes Poor girl! I don’t blame you for not wanting to go now. Hope she recovers quickly!

@kadeephd Congrats on the positive feedback and on the ergo steal. I loved my ergo!
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited July 2018
    @Jens_Hoes Oh no! I hope DD feels better soon! And yeah definitely don't go to the wedding if you don't want to, you have a really good excuse!

@kadeephd That's amazing news about your qualifier and your awesome deals!!
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @kadeephd YAY for your good meeting with your advisor!! 

@hoosiermama-2 I have long, wavy, fine hair - but a lot of it. Its weird in that my scalp gets oily, itchy, and dirty feeling very quickly if I skip more than a day of washing, but I need a fairly heavy conditioner for my ends because they split easily. I started using the Paul Mitchell tea tree lemon sage at the beginning of the year and I loooove it. It has a nice subtle smell and it does every thing I need it to.  The biggest thing is that it keeps my scalp clear and feeling clean even if I have a skip a shampoo, which is huge as I've never found anything else that does that for me. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes Oh noes! Surprise fever is totally excusable - maybe she’ll be feeling better later and pop into the reception?

@hoosiermama-2 I also have slightly wavy normal hair. I’ll admit that I usually shampoo about twice a week - more if I’m sweating, but my hair is up 98% of the time, so nobody notices. Link time!
    I use Dove’s anti-dandruff 2 in 1(Invigorating Mint) because it makes my scalp happy. Every few weeks I treat myself to my favorite rose-scented Japanese shampoo (Kose) because it smells divine. When I am out of the Dove, I’ll go back to my smoothing Japanese shampoo (Kracie).

Anniversary
  • Options
    KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited July 2018
    @Jens_Hoes sorry your daughter is sick. So miserable when it feels like there is nothing you can do to comfort then till the tylenol or ibuprofen kicks in.  Hope she feels better soon!

@kadeephd congrats on the good news and the awesome deals. I too love my ergo. 

@maureenmce any indoor air conditioned malls for some dance party time? It’s tough when the littles are cooped up with too much energy and nowhere to put it.

We’re in Maine for the weekend and it’s lovely today - hot in the 80s but not humid, breezy by the beach. Totally perfect summer weather. I’m also enjoying dressing cute without worrying about whether I am announcing my pregnancy with my outfit. 

My only complaint is sunburn . Normally I’m crazy-diligent about sunscreen, but I’ve started breaking out in a huge rash from sunscreens (so far 3 different ones) and didn’t feel like dealing with another allergic reaction. I thought I was more careful today but oops, burnt. 

• Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    @Jens_Hoes I’m glad to hear it! Enjoy!
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    edited July 2018
    @runrinserepeat Haha I mean I'm certainly not in a dry spell over here.  It just seemed like EVERYONE over there was on the same page with 3-4x practically being celibacy, which was kind of weird.

ETA:  FFFC:  That thread on our board kind of made me feel a lot better about myself   :D  but I would have been panicking if the January discussion happened here.

NO ONE should feed bad for low frequency though.   Everyone is different.  Husbands and partners can just suck it up.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So I forgot to cancel my le tote.... just got a box of non maternity clothes and it was not super fun lol. But there is one cute dress that is tight and I probably wouldn't have worn non preg but I'm gonna give it a whirl with the bump! Will show off for hdbd this week 
  • Options
    hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited July 2018
    @echo-charlietango Re the Japanese shampoos. Do you use them only once in a while because they're harsh(er) or because they're pricier? 

@hkom I've never tried a Paul Mitchell product. I've always assumed they were for treated hair because... I'm dumb? I'll give em a look. 

Thanks, ladies! 
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango i haven't. Le tote has a maternity box, but it's $60/ month and I can spend that to keep clothes I'll wear with the next pregnancy (fx). It's just hard to justify the price for me now. I had the regular box on hold for a few months and forgot to cancel, which is how this all happened anyway 
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 I started using the Dove more often because I was washing a lot, and got dandruff. Now I’m still using it because I have it and don’t want to throw out perfectly good shampoo! Before the dandruff I used all Japanese products because I love how they smell and make my hair shiny. The Rose of Heaven line is pricy, so that’s a treat (even DH likes using my rosey hair towel). I buy non-rose shampoo refills on Amazon otherwise because they’re affordable and make my hair feel fancy. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Re pregnancy sex: I am definitely on the lower end too. We both have a lower drive in general but I just don’t like my body changing so it’s hard to be into that for me. 

The DD illness saga continues. She woke up crabby but ok. I’ve been loading her up with drugs and her fever is gone, but she has a rash basically on her whole body, pretty bad in her diaper area. The rash seems like it’s getting worse by the minute and maybe some blisters so might be HFM. She is on her second nap of the day, which is unlike her (as she was only awake for 1 hour before going back down). I’ll be calling the pediatrician first thing in the morning.  :'(

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    edited July 2018
    @echo-charlietango Yay for mature and awesome husbands!   Mine's been such a peach so far.  I may have to treat myself tyour rose shampoo.  I had actually been searching for a rose-scented shampoo/conditioner at the beginning of the year and that brand never came up!

@hoosiermama-2 I have completely untreated hair (no dye or anything) and it works great for me!

@Jens_Hoes I'm sorry your daughter is still sick!  That doesn't sound fun :(  All fingers and toes crossed it's not HFM.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @echo-charlietango I got a maternity Stitch Fix recently but didn’t love anything enough to keep it. Definitely worth a try though! I can send you a referral code if you want :smiley:

I’m also on the lower end of drive. Pre-babe I tried to hit 3-4 times a week with H but now we’re lucky if we can fit it in twice a week. Just, long work hours, baby, me never initiating. Blah. BUT THE SEX DREAMS, lemme tell you what. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes  I’m sorry she isn’t feeling better. HFM sucks :(
    @echo-charlietango I have had the same thing happen to me. Although, I told my DH that while I LOVE ice cream, feeding it to me to help me feel better does nothing for the body image issues
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes I’m sorry she’s not feeling well. Fx it’s not HFM and that she’s feeling better soon.

+1 to the low end of the sex spectrum. We both have relatively low drives and pregnancy plus just busy busy busy makes it harder to find the right time. 
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    I’ve wanted to try stitch fix forever, I just can’t justify spending that much of maternity clothes. I just went through my closet trying on dresses, because I have a work trip in two weeks. Some of them fit fine and look fine. One is tiiiiiiiiight, but I think it’ll get the point across very clearly that I’m pregnant, and that’s probably what I’ll wear on day one so my new customer doesn’t have to play the “is she or isn’t she” game the whole time I’m there. 

Spent 5 hours at the pool with the kids. I’m beat, and DH isn’t going to be home until after their bedtime tonight. Fx I make it longer than the kids. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I participated in pregnancy sex conversation.  At that time.. I was still on pelvic rest. Since it's been lifted, we've done it a couple of times. My drive has definitely increased this trimester. 

Re my weekend... today was rough. Skip if you don't want to read sadness.  I have a pool in my apartment complex.  I decided to take my kindle and read by the pool for a few hours.  All of a sudden, the lifeguards jump into the pool and pull out an elderly neighbor who was drowning. The thought is he had a stroke or heart attack while swimming. The lifeguards worked on him until EMTs got there and took over. They worked on him for over half hour.  He didn't survive.  I am just so so sad. I didn't now him but it was a hard day for all those who witnessed what happened. I can't stop thinking about his family.
    Pregnancy Ticker