Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Thursday 6/21

What is the best concert you've ever been to?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: GTKY Thursday 6/21

• I've only been to one. Brittney Spears lmao. I'm dying to see Pink though.....
  • I've only been to a couple, but Etta James and Al Green were probably the best! 
  • Loading the player...
  • The Foo Fighters put on a pretty incredible show as. Somehow Dave Grohl manages to interact on a pretty personal level with a stadium full of people. Seeing Merle Haggard at Stagecoach a few years ago was pretty great.  Others that we try to see whenever they are in town are Social Distortion, Lyle Lovett, Alison Krauss, Marty Stuart, Chris Issak, Nikki Lane and the Old 97's.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I`ve only been to one. Marilyn Manson and at one point it almost didn`t happen because someone pulled the fire alarm and it delayed the whole show.
  • That’s a tough one! My very first concert was Destiny’s Child which was amazing, but I saw Garth Brooks a couple of years ago and that was a spectacular show!!!!
  • @purpleteacher82 my parents have seen Garth a few times and said he never ceases to be awesome.
  • I’ve only been to a few. Skillet, Third Day we’re both awesome.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @prpl11butterfly I am not a big country fan, but he put on a really great show! 
  • I mean, my first concert was 10th row floor seats to *nsync at like 14 years old, so that was the best thing ever at the time haha.  I think my favorite concert year in and year out is Kenny Chesney.  It's such a fun show and he always has great openers.  I agree with @purpleteacher82 that Garth puts on an incredible show though, his energy is amazing.
  • Fleetwood Mac! 

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

• I thought that Brad Paisley did a pretty awesome job.

I also saw Elton John when I was like 8 and that was fun. Sadly, I fell asleep during that concert and missed him playing the piano from underneath it (my Mom told me about it later).
  • I have been to a lot of concerts and I would say my favorite was Florida Georgia Line. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but they put on a really good show. Second is probably The Killers because duh :)
  • I haven't been to many concerts, I just realized! But probably the best was a small band called "Bear's Den" and they were playing in this little hole in the wall place in the middle of the winter. But it was an awesome show! One of the few bands where they actually sounded even better in person than they did on their album. The instrumental work was great and they had some fun crowd interactions.
  • @prpl11butterfly I would LOVE to see Britney in concert!  She is my guilty pleasure music!

@purpleteacher82 @purplg8r I've always wanted to see Garth in concert, I've heard he puts on an amazing show!  Last time he was in town, DH tried to get tickets but the site was too bogged down with traffic and he didn't get any :(

@lilly91613 DH and I are going to see him in a couple weeks!  

@mdmommymegs DH likes to torture me with Primus songs...or more particularly with Winona's Big Brown Beaver

The best concert I've ever been to was Reba.  She's an amazing performer and somehow made many wardrobe changes in no time at all!  I don't know how she did it!  Of course, it did help that we were in the first row. :)

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Venessa88Venessa88 member
    edited June 2018
    OH BOYS!  Lurking and posted here by accident.  I won't delete but was just over here love titting and got lost. oops.  Hi! 

This is a really hard question for me to answer.  I have been to many..many concerts and festivals.  This year is one of the first years we can't make it to at least 1 festival.  (DH does stock car racing and it's taking over our summer).

If I had to pick I would have to give a list of those that are equal in my mind so..System of a down, Queen of the Stone Age, Rammstein, Metallica, Billy Talent, Elton John, and July Talks.  I could go on but seriously a lot of my favourites are not really bands most people know so it would be partly pointless.  
  • @lulu1180 lol....Winona Ryder actually tried to sue the band over that song. I love me some Reba too. I will belt out Fancy when I hear it. My taste in music has a large range. I can gey down with some classic country .
  • I have so many great concerts! Like some others Garth is absolutely phenomenal in concert. 

I believe my best would be Taylor Swift.
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited June 2018
    When I was a kid, our parents took us to a country festival. Reba, Dwight, Billy Rae, and Garth was there. I can't remember who else. They were all great, but I especially loved Garth. The Thunder Rolls is one of my all time favorite songs. 

I went to fishfest last year. Toby Mac, Jordan Feliz, Hollyn, For King & Country, etc. Crowder was awesome!! I really want to see Britney and P!nk in concert, badly. I purchased Beautiful Trauma last year and I play track 6 through the last track, over and over. Barbies, Where We Go, and For now are my favorite. <----these I played over and over when my dad was still alive and now when he is gone. They remind me of so many things and at the present moment, the words are what help me to feel. I also love the production of Secrets. 

And Beyonce. I need to see her in concert!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I haven't been to many concerts (no one ever really came to where I grew up), so choosing from a total of 3 concerts, I'll say Incubus in 2004 is the standout. It was at the HP Pavillion in SJ and so awesome. I was 17 and it was my first real concert and I LOVED Incubus, so it was great. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Hands down a private Luke Brian concert here about 6 years ago. It was just him. All acoustic. About 30-40 people there. We yelled at him on the stage and he'd respond. The best! 
  • @general_organa Ahh Incubus! I loved them back in the day! My BFF and I saw them a few times durin high school. 
  • navetenavete member
    Weezer, Tenacious D, and Jimmy Eat World all in one concert, that was so awesome! I went with a coworker (I was a senior in HS) and we belted out all the songs LOL. It’s funny to think back on that because I’m so musically lazy (I just listen to whatever is on the radio), so I don’t know how I got into those bands...I guess they were just popular at that time in San Diego.

I saw the White Stripes in college, that was fun too, although I spent much of the concert trying to figure out if they were siblings or a married couple. Guess I wasn’t a very knowledgeable fan  :D
  • @lulu1180 I went to a concert that had a few country stars and Reba was one. She only did a few songs but I’d love be to go to a full concert of hers!!
  • @suzycupcake I want to see For King and Contry sooo bad, they were not close to me this summer.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• I've only been to see Great Big Sea, except to the symphony. GBS was fantastic and I could not hear for 3 days afterwards.
  • amc772amc772 member
    My favorite concert was snow patrol when Ed Sheeran was the opener about 7-8 years ago before he made it big. now they are touring together again and Ed's the headliner.
  • @amc772 I went to that concert too! It was so good. Crazy how the tables have flipped.
  • amc772amc772 member
    @krissy2241 Have you listened to Snow Patrol's new album? What do you think? I was looking forward to it so much but I don't think it quite lives up to their older stuff.