November 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments and Updates 6.17-6.23

2»

Re: Appointments and Updates 6.17-6.23

• Options
    Thank you all! We luckily have lots of family near and I do have an 11yo but the toddler is so heavy he struggles with him. I know my mom will help a lot but I always feel so bad asking for it all the time when she already watches the dude for free. I’m not worried about work at all because thankfully I have a great team who is ready to step up. Just gotta get through 6.5 more weeks of this stupid opposite schedule and then I won’t feel terrible bugging all our family. 
    nws
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashkee05 I’m sorry that’s so rough. I have a nearly 30lb toddler and I don’t know how I could get away without lifting him. I’m glad you have family close by who can help. Don’t feel badly, im sure they are willing to do anything to help. 
  • Options
    @askkee05 : this sucks, especially since it's hard for a toddler to understand why his mommy can't take him in her arms like she used to. I hope time flies by quickly!

As for me, my appointment went very well, no major malformations or problems with his little heart. For the minor ones we'lle have to wait for him get bigger. And accept to turn around when asked. 

I am starting to think I'm getting this motherhood thing wrong: every scan I'm like: oh after this one I'll stop worrying because I'll have all the answers and I will be sure he's really really okay. But there is always something else to worry about, of course. I suspect it's gonna be like this until I die, lol. Oh well. :#
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EvilRaccoon Worrying is totally normal.  You're not getting anything wrong! I'm the same way and learned with my last pregnancy that there's always something new that you're going to worry about, right up to delivery and beyond.

Honestly, be prepared to worry about your little one for the rest of his life.  It's part of being a mother.  It gets easier once they're older, but it never goes away.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @MojieJo : that's exactly what I meant  :) I meant that I wasn't getting this motherhood thing as a joke, meaning, well, I think I had an idealized vision of this!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @evilraccoon I had this conversation with some friends last night at dinner. One of them is a teacher who teaches with a lady that has teenagers. She mentioned that the worries never stop, they just change. Right now, I'm worried about things like my kids falling in the pool, running into a parking lot, etc. In 10 years, all that will have stopped but there will be a whole new bag of issues for me to worry about. It really doesn't ever end. 
    Pregnancy Ticker