January 2019 Moms
Options

Baby Name Thread - Take Two

Re: Baby Name Thread - Take Two

• Options
    @wkuandrea yeah if kids want to be jerks they’ll find a way. 

Sincerely,
    drooly julie

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The only two names DH and I have been able to agree to keep on our name list so far are Sadie and Macy (or Maci).  DH also thinks if baby is a girl, she should have my middle name - Victoria - but I don't think it goes with either of those very well.  We currently have no boy name ideas   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Boy name debates...Do you all think Max is a good first name, just as is?  I kinddddd of like Maxwell but also it reminds me of coffee. We don’t like Maxim, Maximus, Maximillian, or any other long version which could get shortened to it. But is Max a good standalone name? I don’t want to give a long name just to do it if we don’t love any. 

Thinking Joshua, Jonah, or James to go as middle name. Definitely want M and J names to name the kid for my father Michael and DWs grandfather Joseph who have both passed away. 

Max is my top M right now bc I love Where the Wild Things Are. But our slightly less loved choices are Milo, Miles, and Maddox. We know a few people each named Matthew, Morgan, etc.

M is a hard letter!

Edit: PS our last name starts with M so the kid’s initials will be MJM. 

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    I think Max by itself is fine roonil. I can’t think of a scenario where a max would actually go by the more formal name (and I’m all about formal names). With max I just don’t see it. Although I don’t think I’ve ever thought of coffee when I hear maxwell until just this second.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Haha thanks girl.  Yeah it makes me think of the brand Maxwell House.  We both like Max as is, I just wanted to make sure we got objective opinions and it wasn't too nicknamey on its own. Thanks!!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• Options
    @rooonilwaazlib Another vote for Max being a standalone name. I don't think anyone ever goes by the full name, only Max.

Someone earlier mentioned they don't understand why people give a full name but plan to only use the nickname. Understandable in this case.

When I met my SO he said his favorite girl name was Eleanor, and I said my grandma's name was Eleanor. And we decided right then and there if we had a girl that would be her name. I haven't always loved the name and wanted to name a daughter Ellie after my grandma. So we named our daughter Eleanor and call her both names. 

I think it all depends on the situation. Ellie would have been a fine name too but there was more meaning behind Eleanor. Max is a great standalone name with no reason to expand it.
  • Options
    @molosmiles totally agree on the nn thing. DD is Isabelle after DH’s great grandma and his mom. We call her Izzy. Never thought I would like nn for my child but this fits her well and she responds to both Isabelle and Izzy. 

@rooonilwaazlib I like Max as a stand-alone! Although I know a Maxx with a double XX at the end....why???
  • Options
    @rooonilwaazlib I think Max is fine on it’s own if you truly don’t like any of the formal names. However, my first name is a nickname of a longer, more formal name and I wish so much that my parents had just done the longer version for my legal name. People will assume his name is just a nickname his entire life and he will constantly be correcting them. It also leads to forced casualness with people and people calling your child the formal name anyway. 

Sorry for the soapbox. But I can honestly say this has been a huge issue for me my entire life.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @rooonilwaazlib I Love Max as a stand-alone! I think it’s great for a baby or adult so there’s no need to have the more “mature” option there. We love Max but my husband’s last name can also be used as an adjective so Max (last name) kind of sounds like a condom variety in our particular case  :s

I think we’re pretty set on Samson Foster at this point. We have other names we like but Samson has been on our list for so long it just feels like his name now!
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt OMG no.  Reminds me of TJ Maxx.  While I do love the store, I'd never name my kid for it! :lol:

• Options
    @kns1988 I’m a Kaitlin and I go by Kait now or Kaity when I was little for short. It was confusing for a lot of people along the way, but I like to honor the original spelling of my name! 
  • Options
    @rooonilwaazlib I seriously LOVE the name Max.  I like it is a stand alone name!  It was my top boy name with my ex. Sadly now I can’t ever use it. :(
  • Options
    DH and I like the name Aubrey for a girl, or Garrett for a boy right now. We've had a really hard time brainstorming boy names, as DH is really picky about them! Haven't even come up with a potential middle name for a boy yet.
  • Options
    @molosmiles totally agree on the nn thing. DD is Isabelle after DH’s great grandma and his mom. We call her Izzy. Never thought I would like nn for my child but this fits her well and she responds to both Isabelle and Izzy. 

@rooonilwaazlib I like Max as a stand-alone! Although I know a Maxx with a double XX at the end....why???
    Omg like TJ...Maxx? Nooo
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt OMG no.  Reminds me of TJ Maxx.  While I do love the store, I'd never name my kid for it! :lol:
    Max is a solid name on its own :)
  • Options
    @AliKay20 @rooonilwaazlib never thought of TJ Maxx until you brought it up! Everytime I see this kid I’m going to think of that now!  :D 
  • Options
    DH and I like the name Aubrey for a girl, or Garrett for a boy right now. We've had a really hard time brainstorming boy names, as DH is really picky about them! Haven't even come up with a potential middle name for a boy yet.
    I don't know your last name obviously but I think Garrett Thomas sounds nice. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @rooonilwaazlib I love the name Max! I may be partial because my newphew's name is Max. It's not short for anything. They decided they liked the name Max, short and simple without it being short for Maxwell. 
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    @rooonilwaazlib I'm having the same issue. Max goes PERFECTLY with my kids' other nicknames. They sounds so cute together. But I'm not a fan of giving a kid a nickname sounding name so I would be going with Maxwell. The name we originally liked for DS is a nickname sounding name (although a name in its own right) and we decided to give him the full version and just use the nickname. I have no idea what my kids are going to be when they grow up, but if their world is a white-collar professional one, I want them to have a formal name that suits their situation, sounds professional, and gives them credibility. Because it has been shown time and time again in scientific studies, that your name DOES matter in the way that people see you, their opinions of you, and the opportunities afforded to you. If my kids want to go by nicknames, that their choice. Here is just one of many articles on the subject, but definitely spend some time on Google and you'll find a lot more: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-your-name-affects-your-success-2015-8
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @tosh24 I know a Maxwell who actually goes by Maxwell, and it's a great and professional name. I like your choice. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    So continuing the girl name saga because I have a feeling this baby is going to be a girl (obviously we will see for sure in a few months). But I *think* DH and I have settled on Anna Faye for a girl
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    So continuing the girl name saga because I have a feeling this baby is going to be a girl (obviously we will see for sure in a few months). But I *think* DH and I have settled on Anna Faye for a girl
    I love Faye but it's MILs name and there is no way I'm going there. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    emmaaa said:
    I love Faye but it's MILs name and there is no way I'm going there. lol 
     :D Yeah, don't blame you on that one. That was the process of eliminating a couple names. Faye is my aunt's name who kept me when I was younger and DH and I both loved Anna so it just works.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Boy: Charles Anthony ‘Charlie’  - Charlie has always been one of my favorite names and Anthony is four generations of middle names on his dad’s side :)

Girl: Olivia Brierre (pronounced ‘Brie - air’) - my husband’s grandmothers name and my great grandmothers maiden name :)
  • Options
    My DD's are Olivia Candace and Stella Hope (she was our Rainbow Baby). I feel like if this is a girl that I have no idea and I wonder if I want it to end it "a" or be completely different. DD2 came out with bright red hair though so if this is another redheaded girl, I really like the name Penny. 

For Boy names, I like Sebastian and Finnegan but I don't know if DH will get on board with either of those. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Starting a list of boy names, nothing I totally love. 

Griffin/Griffith 
    Finnegan/Finn
    Holden

Kieran 
    Augustus
    Beau 
    Jett
    Sawyer 
    Silas
    Ryder 
    Hunter 
    Wesley 
    Rex
    Blake
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
  • Options
    @Jackiemxoxo I love Sebastian! It’s probably my all time favorite boy name. 
  • Options
    @Jackiemxoxo Penny is our girl name too (right now). Thought about using it for DD but didn’t like Penelope... have since gotten over the idea that Penny needs to be short for anything.  :)
  • Options
    I'm just going to be stalking this thread because I have ZERO ideas on what to name our next child, boy or girl. DH and I love the name we came up for DD, and it matches her perfectly. Right now it's hard to imagine loving another name just as much.
    DubCompanion Junior is starting to sound appealing. Thinking DubJo for short.
  • Options
    @Pottermore YAS let's just let names be what they are! :)
    @dubcompanion DJ for even shorter!

• Options
    @dubcompanion we are struggling too. Doesn’t help that my husband and I have completely different taste in names! We didn’t decide on my DS name until I was eight ish months and that stressed me out so much! It’s  so perfect for him now though and no name compares. Haha! 
  • Options
    @rooonilwaazlib YES!! DJ would be perfect! Ok, it’s settled. Now to just get DH on board. ;) 

@LCRbelle H and I previously had a list of names that we mutually agreed upon for years. And now I don’t care for any of them. I wonder if it’s because this may be our last kid and this is it. The pressure is on for THE perfect name. Hopefully you and I and the others on this board can help one another out. :) 
  • Options
    @dubcompanion we had our girl name picked out with my last pregnancy but didn’t use it since we had a boy but now my DH isnt sure about it anymore! So frustrating.  Could be a boy and then it wouldn’t matter anyway! Agreed, hopefully we can help each other! I’m way too picky and barely like anything though. Lol
  • Options
    We haven’t even discussed names yet. Last time we went to the hospital with no boy name and luckily she ended up being a girl or she might have been nameless for awhile. Besides DH not liking anything, I don’t want to use the same name as a famous person. And DH’s last name is so common a significant number of the names we considered are the names of pro athletes. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    wkuandreawkuandrea member
    edited June 2018
    Y’all please forgive me forever if any of these name combinations are your favorites... but I saw it on Pinterest and could not stop laughing

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea I’m not really feeling any of these names so no offense was taken, although Violet Zendaya rolls off the tongue really well and is kind of fun! I’d take it as a stage name lol
  • Options
    @dubcompanion “Eloise America” is just such an elegant choice... let us also not forget mister Edmund Willoughby...

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    Alright, I think I'm giving in to DH on the boy name. Aaron Jack. Jack is for my grandfather. I'm going to let it sit for a while and see if it sticks. Girl is still Caitlin Jean. I like how Caitlin and Aaron both go with our DS, Jason. We only call him Jay unless he's in trouble, but he might decide to go by Jason when he's older. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @wkuandrea those baby name combinations! Haha
  • Options
    Love them @kns1988. I feel like both names are really classic.