Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Whats your nap schedule

My 13 month old sleeps 8:30pm-7:30am.  Goes down for a nap at 10:30-12:30. He isn't tired until 4/4:30 again.  Sleeps till 5:30/6.
Im having trouble getting him to sleep lately at 8:30/9.  Im wondering if I should cut second nap out. 

Re: Whats your nap schedule

• Options

IMO 13 months is a tad early to go down to 1 nap but it isn't unheard of.

My 16 month old has been on one nap for about a month now, maybe 3 weeks. She sleeps from about 7-7. Sometimes she goes down earlier though depending on what time her nap is. Hell, sometimes she goes to bed at 6:30pm!

I would try pushing that morning nap up by like 15 minutes every week or so until it's closer to lunch time. Then maybe move the bedtime a little earlier. I personally wouldn't put my DD down for a nap that late. I'd rather just put her to bed earlier. Just adjust slowly so that your LO isn't overly tired.

• Options
    My 13 month old son sleeps 7pm to 6:30am.  Naps 2x/day at 9am-11am and 2:30pm-4pm.  He just loves to sleep!    I know at some point I will have to cut out a nap but he's happy with his sleep schedule.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sarcasm101Sarcasm101 member
    edited February 2016
    eleolin8 said:
    My 13 month old son sleeps 7pm to 6:30am.  Naps 2x/day at 9am-11am and 2:30pm-4pm.  He just loves to sleep!    I know at some point I will have to cut out a nap but he's happy with his sleep schedule.  

My LO was on this exact schedule until he was 18-19 months. He dropped his afternoon nap first and the transition was surprising easy. Now he naps from 12:30-3 ish

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• Options
    My 16 month old sometimes takes one nap, sometimes takes two, but she generally doesn't nap very long, like about 40 minutes each nap. She'll usually nap from about 11:30 to 12:00 and then from 3:15ish to 3:50ish. Sometimes she takes one longish nap around 1:30 to 2:30. Her bed time is about 7:00. I guess I would try making both naps earlier, or like another poster suggested, make the first nap later and bedtime earlier and see if that carries your baby through.
  • Options
    I think 13m is a little early to drop the second nap. But, if I were you, i'd consider waking (gasp I know!) after an hour on nap #1 so that there's more time between 1 and 2. Then he'll perhaps slowly ease into the one nap later on. 
    My 18 month old used to be 7a-7p with a nap at 10 and 1:30. She's now a 7/7:30-7 and naps at 12:30/1-3:30. I wouldn't let her sleep past an hour and a half at the most on that first nap or she'd boycott the second or want to take it late which would screw with bed time.

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    When my LO was 13 months old her schedule was bedtime at 6:00pm, wake up at 5:00am (she is a naturally early riser... it's terrible, lol), first nap at 10:00am for an hour, then her second nap was around 2:00pm for another hour, sometimes a bit longer. Have you tried waking up up earlier from his nap and putting him down earlier for nap #2?
  • Options
    My 19 month old goes to bed around 8p (that's when he's put in his crib anyway), and sleeps until around 6:30-7a.

He's only getting one nap now at daycare, which is usually from 1-3. On weekends, we just see how is mood is and see if he needs 1 or 2 naps. He JUST started doing 1 nap a few weeks ago. Otherwise it was 2 (the first around 9:30-10, and then the other around 1-1:30).
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    15 month old, just starting to transition to 1 nap.  Sleeps about 7:30-7ish. If she has a morning nap, it is a quick power nap. Around 9 for about 1/2 hour.  Her afternoon is about 1-3ish.  she is at a home daycare so the afternoon nap is pretty much on schedule with the rest of the kids.
  • Options
    My now 18 month old was doing the same at that age and I did cut out the second nap. As soon as I did that, he started sleeping 9-10 hours every night and taking 2 1/2 hour naps in the middle of the day. He sleeps from 9PM-8AM then nap time from 12:30PM-2:30PM, sometimes until 3PM.
  • Options
    What is the schedule? If my older son slept well and I could plan the day, my younger son sleeps as and when he wants. I tried to create a schedule, but it didn't work. Hopefully, it will get better with time.