December 2018 Moms

Let's talk about sex (are you having a boy or a girl!?)

Re: Let's talk about sex (are you having a boy or a girl!?)

• Loading the player...
  • @omnommer Congrats! I was wondering what it was when I saw your post the other day. lol

@echo-charlietango Yay! Congrats. Boys are so much fun!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @echo-charlietango aww, congrats! Boys are wonderful :)
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @clbness congrats! I asked DD what she wanted a boy or girl and after thinking about it for a minute she shouts BOY
  • @gorgeousariel Thank you! Look at our little ladies wanting little brothers! ❤️
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @gorgeousariel Ahhh, congrats...our DD's must have ESPN or something!  :D

• Got my blood drawn for NIPT last Friday.... dieing to find out the results!! Originally wasn't going to do NIPT unless something seemed off with NT scan... but you gotta love small towns, the US tech was out sick til it was too late for NT.. DH is gone until August working... I'm undecided if I want to be a stinker and not tell him til he comes home, or just tell him when I get the results...   
  • ErinkaErinka member
    edited June 2018
    I have my genetic testing this Wednesday! Hoping the results don’t take long! Of course I want a healthy baby above all else, don’t have a gender preference but still dying to know!!
  • @AdorkablePixie Thanks, I'm excited!  I'm anxious to see if your gut feeling is right!  I felt like this one was a boy too...but, I also thought the same thing with B and I was wrong.  :p

• @PensiveCrayon congrats!  How exciting for your MIL!  And you of course :)  The cupcake idea is super cute!!!!
  • @PensiveCrayon Yay! Congratulations!
  • @blueberrysmommy25 Congratulations! I am sorry your hubby’s reaction wasn’t the best, but I’m glad he is coming around.
  • Thanks guys! And yea I think they meant more of "prey"that gets hunted for marriage and taken from their family. "Predator" being the men as hunters looking for wives. I get what they meant but the terms they used did make me cringe. Poor word choice but I allowed them to speak instead of criticize.  They were speaking from a male perspective and they reminded me that's truly how some men view the world. Hubby and his cousin went on to say that they know what men think when they see a woman and it already angers them that their baby girls will grow up with that. To me, it's ridiculous, but I'm not a guy. My feeling is...she's a babbyyyy!!! Then a toddler. My hubby and his cousin skipped that whole phase and are dreading marriage and their daughters being taken away lol. IT'S crazy. But with time he's more and more excited. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hear you loud and clear guys. I know my hubby, and his fear is losing his daughter, same fear my dad had of me. Silly or antiquated, it's their reality. My dad saw himself as my protector and my husband took that role the minute he heard we are having a girl. I can't change how their thinking is structured or wired. My husband sees himself as my protector despite him knowing I can handle my own. Maybe I did a poor job journaling what they told me but regardless if i agree, I heard their fears. I cant tell them that they're fears aren't needed, it's an actual feeling for them. I personally know my hubby will teach our daughter how to be strong minded, strong willed and he is already talking about putting her in karate and fishing with her.  
    This has been my second post on this forum and I'm learning it can be tricky. Where I came to just unload and be within a community, I wasn't expecting to defend my hubby. Very slippery slopes.
    Anywho...let me not drain the amazing positivity that is on here...keep the party going!!!
    Yayyyyyyyy  I'm having a girlllll lol
  • hkomhkom member
    I'm sorry if I made you feel unwelcome, @blueberrysmommy25.  You just hit, like, my NUMBER 1 pet peeve and I just couldn't shut myself up.  I'm sure your husband will be a wonderful father.  I just really wish 21st century men could get outside of their own heads and realize they are being a little ridiculous (some of my family members included).  

BabyFruit Ticker

• @misscheapandchic Yayyy . Team girls! I'm such a girly girl that I'm relieved we're expecting girls. 
    @hkom thank you for that 

• @erinka Congratulations! My DS says the baby is a brother and a sister. We keep telling him that there is only one on there, but he insists it’s both.
  • We find out July 5th and I'm so freakin excited!