December 2018 Moms

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• @echo-charlietango if it makes you feel any better I stayed at the Flamingo a few years ago, and it is TRASHY as hell.  The drinks suck (well not the beer because its bottled), the people were super trashy there and I wouldn't be caught dead there again.
    Now if your friends were at the Hard Rock pool for Rehab, I'd be jealous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Jens_Hoes

Lol I just saw it :D I am not going to click on it :D

• @echo-charlietango wrt post term babies, most of the research I’ve found is after 42 weeks, but the placenta will eventually stop supporting the baby, and chances of meconium in utero increase the longer they’re in there. 

Basically, I’ll be happy if baby comes anytime after 37 weeks. Before then, sure let’s not induce or schedule c-sections for ridiculous reasons. After then? Baby will probably be fine. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @Jens_Hoes But...DH & I love Flamingo! Especially since it’s a little crusty :lol: Granted, last summer we had a jammin’ cabana at Paris, but Flamingo is our fave :heart:

@runrinserepeat Ah! Thank you :smiley:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango
    Whoopsies... insert foot into mouth  :# at least we agree its "special"
  • Also... deeply grateful that I definitely won't have to go beyond 40 weeks this time (it'll be a scheduled c-section at or slightly before my due date if I don't go naturally before then). By the time 39 weeks hit last time, I was willing to take on any minor risk to her health and my own to preserve my mental health and get rid of the pain. 9lb 14oz is a lot of baby, and I was up by 50% from my usual body weight. Discomfort doesn't even begin to cover it; after a couple weeks of nearly nonstop tears, I only stopped crying when I finally had that prescription for induction on my due date in my hands (ironically, I didn't even make it home from that appointment before contractions started, but whatever). So my UO: zero judgment for anybody who wants to go early. Scheduling for convenience is kinda iffy, but pregnancy is hell. 
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited June 2018
    I don't think there's anything wrong with inducing or scheduling a c-section between 38-40 weeks since that's considered full time, but the women talking about "evicting" any earlier than that need a dose of reality.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @Jens_Hoes omg those correlations are hilarious. I hope someone in Jan posts that link! 
  • @PensiveCrayon Hopefully, being your second, your body will go into labor sooner! (That's what I'm hoping this time around!) But if you ever do choose an induction because you're late, I can talk you through it! It wasn't nearly as bad as I was fearing and I still got to have a vaginal birth. (From what I'd read, I was scared that induction = c section basically.)  It took a long time (27 hours) but I had a patient OB who just let my body slowly get going. Also, I'm sorry you had such a scary, scary situation last time around. Big hugs.
  • That’s a bummer @echo-charlietango.  I feel for you.  I get really bad fomo and pregnancy seems to make it worse.  I Can’t wait to sit at home when everyone is in Mexico for a wedding including my husband (the best man). 
  • Holy Shit that Jan UO legit just made me in a horrible mood, that was really hard to even read.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • So I’ve been too lazy to lurk Jan board, but from what you all are saying, yikes! 
  • Ugh, there was a confirmed case of pertussis in my kid’s class this year. I wanted to ask the Mom why her healthy eating and essential oils that make for a strong immune system didn’t protect her child like she claims they do on the internet. Umm, no thanks on that play date, especially once I have a newborn your kid’s sickness could kill. 

I had my first on her due date, and there was meconium in the placenta with her, she was pretty jaundiced and we had to stay an extra day for her to be under the lights before going home. The second, again on the due date had none, and she had no jaundice. (Both cesarean) Being really pregnant sucks, any mom who has been lucky enough to make it that far in a normal uneventful pregnancy can tell you that. Add to that complications for both mom and baby, I would trust the Dr’s recommendation on when inducing good outweighs the bad.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • *off to lurk in january, takes popcorn, takes gifs* 

Re: post-term/pre-term—my son was born 41+4 via c, agree there are increased risks of serious complications to both Mom and baby to think of. @pensivecrayon I can’t imagine how terrifying that was. I’m so sorry you went through that and I hope we both labor earlier this time. 

@ab_canada Not my gifs!! ;) I see what you’re saying, but gifs are, generally, a hilarious interlude. I often think it’s a little bit of a gtky-through-your-snarky-side ritual. People complaining about a thread staying bumped, but continuing to comment on it though.... *side-eye*
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so glad to be due on Dec 31st and not a day later after reading that thread! Wow!