December 2018 Moms

UO Thursday

Let's hear 'em!

Me: 35  H: 35
Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
that place where you can still remember dreaming?
That's where I will always love you.  
That's where I'll be waiting."
~Peter Pan 

*TW*
BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 

Re: UO Thursday

• I think kids clothes with their names or monograms on them are tacky.  Even for special occasions like birthday shirts or coming home outfits.  I honestly don't even like things like backpacks or lunch boxes with names or initials.   I can't even say exactly why I don't like it.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • hkomhkom member
    @coco2787 Best GIF award!  I hate monograms/names stitched onto everything too, but I also can't quite articulate why.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @coco2787 I have a weird thing with those too because when I was little my mom would never buy me anything with my name on it. She said if I was wearing it someone could kidnap me by pretending to know me because they would  know my name. I’ve never forgotten that so I’ll never buy that stuff for my kids. Haha
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332 I have heard about the stranger danger aspect too, I'm not sure how much truth there is to that but I suppose it makes sense that a littler kid who doesn't know better might assume someone knows them if they call them by name.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • I’m okay with monogrammed things - when used sparingly. I do have a monogrammed purse (first mother’s day gift!), but it’s just my initials, and they’re small. That’s it. 

Kiddo’s grandparents LOVE monogrammed things, so I’ll probably guide them into small initials instead of full first name things. I’m okay with full last name things because I’m just used to military uniforms and it makes kids real easy to identify at squadron functions. *shrugs shoulders*
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @Jens_Hoes Same. It's funny though, I remember one time my mom sent her friend to pick my brother and I up from school, because something last minute had come up. I remember he and I looking at each other like "We need to ask her to say the secret password!!" But neither of us did. Thankfully her picking us up was legit- I can't figure out why, after my parents drilling the the importance of the password for in our heads- we both were too scared to enforce it when the situation arose. I'll still do it with my kids, though.

Re:Monogramming- I didn't realize that was a thing. I don't think I've ever seen it before.
  • Mushrooms are gross and I hate that they are often the default vegetarian option with catered food. I started eating meat partly for that reason. I don’t like meat either, but I’d rather eat chicken than a big slab of mushroom. 
    They aren’t even plants! Yuck. 
  • @AGK2015 yes!!! I used to be that person, but in my March 16 board we have someone who went through a traumatic experience at birth and essentially something the doctors did or didn't do caused her daughter to have some health issues. She's a gorgeous, sweet, smart, determined little girl, but not "healthy" by those standards. I never realized how much that statement of "as long as baby is healthy" hurt people until then, but I know now and have changed my ways. Yes we all hope for a healthy baby, but that doesn't mean we'll love it any less.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Wow @AGK2015 I never thought of it that way. Obviously, I want a healthy baby, but I won’t love them any less if they are not healthy. Thanks for articulating that so well.
  • Speaking of those that done believe in vaccines.. my inlaws asked my husband if a family friend we haven’t seen in 7 years could spend the weekend at our house with their 6 year old and hey don’t believe in vaccines. I honestly don’t want them staying with me because you have no idea if they are carriers if anything?! Not to mention my younger son still has two years of vaccines to get before he is down until age 8 or so when they will get more.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @hbmama21 I love the shirts!

@maureenmce It drives me crazy when dad’s do that. What about some admiration or acknowledgement for the person who just grew your child from scratch!?!?
  • @mcgeeva just say no!  I realize my child probably does come in contact with other children who haven’t been vaccinated, but knowing out right when another kid isn’t vaccinated make me want to put mine in a bubble.  I my heart breaks for the children who can not be vaccinated for medical reasons to be placed at a higher risk because other parents think it’s cool to be anti-vax.  Just space them if you are nervous about reactions. *ends rant 
  • whaatwhaat member
    @AGK2015 yes!! And just because somebody is hoping for a girl it doesn’t mean they don’t care about her health. These things are not mutually exclusive. 
  • @whaat Hell, for that matter, there are a number of genetic syndromes that are more or less likely or different expressed in males and females. If you've got a family history of haemophilia or fragile X, it's entirely possible that you want a girl because you want your baby to be healthy, not in addition to being healthy.
  • @runrinserepeat thank you for reminding me to add vax requirements to my list of daycare questions. We start touring next week, and I'm trying to think of everything i need to ask. MH is a virologist and he flips shit at any mention of anti-vax. 
  • This one might get me lynched lol:
    Y'all need to stop posting sarcastic gifs on the "random knottie" posts. Can't you just ignore them and let them get bumped down to the later pages? Posting on them just makes them stick around longer anyway..

• Re: vaccines
    Yes! I don’t plan on putting LO in any public care for a bit - but I’ll have to remember also to ask about vaccine requirements if they’re not obvious. (I heart vaccines and used to collect them when I worked nearby an immunization clinic :lol: I was maxed out, and they refused to give me the Anthrax series because I’m not military)

Re: birthing early/late
    I guess I always thought that later was better...for some reason? Good research topic. I hope LO comes on his EDD, I just like the matching numbers (12/12) :grimace:

I like this thread. Wish I could participate more! 

Anniversary
  • @coco2787
    I just got done reading (although people are still commenting) and they have active anti-vaxxers.
    It took a lot out of me to NOT respond even though they don't know me lol
  • Yes @Jens_Hoes it's hard to read that nonsense but I've learned that you really can't win with anti-vaxxers.  They aren't going to change their mind and engaging with them is like banging your head into a brick wall. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • hkomhkom member
    @coco2787 The Jan board is crazy always

BabyFruit Ticker

• ^ I’m too lazy to lurk other boards *hangs head in partial shame* I like knowing things...but don’t get FOMO (unless a huge group of friends is hanging out in Vegas getting blasted this weekend. At the Flamingo Pool. Without me. Like RIGHT NOW :bawling:)

Anniversary