October 2018 Moms
Options

Monday BF (June 11)

I don’t have anything other than it’s a Monday...

Re: Monday BF (June 11)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @linssears4 I remember you taking about that incident. Thankfully he is gone and you have a replacement. Toxic people suck! Also, hopefully you can reschedule that massage ASAP!

AFM: My SO has had an open case against his previous employer for worker's comp. It has been going on for 7 years now. Their lawyer wants to settle and we thought this was almost over. Now their lawyer is back to being difficult. We were under the impression that we would have a response this week but apparently not til next week now. I know it's only another week, and after this long what's another week really, but I just want all this nonsense to be over so we can move on with our lives.
  • Options
    @MissBridg I'm sorry you're going through that, and normally I'd say not to burn any bridges but they were already trying to fire you. And now they need your help??? Sounds pretty nervy to me! On the other hand I'm the exact same way and would feel bad because I feel responsible. However you need to do what's best for you and baby! 
  • Options
    @linssears4 So glad that person is gone, but that suuuuuucks!!!

@MissBridg WTF?! Sounds like the bridge is burned, so I’d be blunt. I’d tell them it was clear I was unwanted, so I don’t know what help I’d be for that additional time. But that’s me. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @knottieamusements You're so fierce, and I fucking love it.
  • Options
    @MissBridg I think you should stick to your original end date. It's not fair to you for them to treat you that way, and unless you want to go back to that job post baby, there's no worries about burning that bridge. If you think you'll need a recommendation from them down the road - find someone who you worked with and get along with and ask if they'd be a future reference for you. Companies cannot give detailed reasons to why you left unless you list them as a personal reference. In case of employment verification the hiring co can only ask if you worked there and what you role was. Sometimes they can ask if you're eligible for re-hire, which companies usually have pretty set rules around that. If you resigned, you're most likely re-hire-able. 
  • Options
    @linssears4 Yess thats such good news though! Sorry about the conflicting schedule though.

@MissBridg I agree with the advice given here, keep the end date and if they truly need you you can "contract" yourself out for training. That being said do not let them drag you on for months either. Your gut will tell you when to cut ties! 

My BF is my husbands Dr. He is going in for a colonoscopy for the second time THIS YEAR because hes been having so many issues. It started with non-stop heartburn whether he eats or doesn't regardless of what he eats (for which he has been scoped for on that end too with hiatal hernia being the only indicator of issues, this was 3 years ago).  This was just a "it heals on its own" and push meds response. Now he has been having awful stomach pain and other awkward to list problems. They found nothing the first time they did the colonoscopy though they suspect Crohns disease. Now they are re-testing him, and he can't catch a break. I am about to switch Drs if they STILL come up with "no clue what it is, oh well!". WTF.
  • Options
    @ninji15 sounds like my DH! All sorts of stomach and intestinal issues and no one can find anything. Dh kinda gave up trying to get it fixed and it annoys me. He is seeing a chiro right now but because I am also going he isn't going as much as he should due to cost. I get it but his health is just as important as mine/baby. 
  • Options
    @MissBridg I agree with previous posters - keep your end date as you had planned. I always feel the same kind of guilt as you when leaving jobs, but you don’t owe anything to them, especially if they were already planning to fire you. 

My BF is to myself and my job. I like my job and I like what I do, but over the weekend I was thinking about the financials of me going back to work after baby is born, and it’s going to be really tight after having our expenses increase because of having a second kid in childcare. I’ve been here for almost two years now, and I’d hate to have to look for a new job just for a pay raise, but that’s looking like it’s going to be the only option. Back in January, I had written up this whole long thing for my boss about how I want to grow in my role and take on more responsibility, but that I’m currently limited in what I can do because of my union/pay grade (my salary is at the max of what they’re “allowed” to give me because of the union pay scales, but it’s still lower than I was making at my last job).  My boss seemed to have a positive reaction at the time, but then nothing came of it and here we are 6 months later. 

I wish I could look for new jobs now and not wait, but there’s no point in looking for a job at 5 months pregnant when I know I’ll be wanting to take time off after baby. I’m just feeling stuck and frustrated, even though I know it’s partly my fault because I could have looked for other opportunities months ago, before it got to be too late. 

Sorry for the long rant! 
  • Options
    @ninji15 I wonder if they could test him for Barrett's or gastroparesis. My family comes from a world of stomach issues and the two of us with severe acid reflux (me and my brother) have those - he has the former, I have the latter.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @ninji15 - My thought was gallbladder issues.  My ex dealt with issues for several years that they didn’t diagnose because he was too young and the wrong sex for the demographic they expected to find such in. 

ETA: eating completely fat free meals, which is what you have to do to not irritate it, is freaking hard.  Been there, done that, never want to do it again.  
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake

Hang in there!  It will work out for you.  I understand not wanting to find a job now, but after you get back from leave, you will have a whole different situation.   
  • Options
    @ninji15 have they tested for celiac disease via endoscopy? My main symptom was a bloated stomach that always hurt, but everyone seems to react differently.

Sucks about the colonoscopy, I had a colonoscopy/endoscopy twofer special back in college or high school, it sucked big time. I felt like the recovery was worse than prep because of all the gas! Also I woke up partway through, so that was weird...
  • Options
    @ninji15 Oh my gosh, that sucks. My H is having one on the 29th for undiagnosed stomach pains and bowel related issues too. I hope they can give your H a better answer this time!!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @SweetSweetTooth I forced DH to go get checked out the first couple times by threatening to not go to my prenatals. It was an empty threat but I didn't know how else to convince him. Health is so important and men always blow it off. I hope you find answers!

@chopchop25 They did look for that, I guess he doesn't have symptoms for those yet and they said they needed to keep an eye on it in the future. How far in the future I am not sure.

@knottieamusements ahhh yes! They "tested" and ruled that out. It wasn't an extensive test though. I had mine taken out after DD, they don't tell you that pregnancy fucks with that shit! It was horrible. I may have them revisit this.

@jemmerjams I didn't think about this but maybe! If this next procedure still comes up empty I plan to pursue a better doctor and will bring this up for sure.

@krzyriver I hope your DH finds answers too! It totally sucks, I hate it for them.

Worst case I plan to find someone else and ask them about all of these things again. It would be nice if he wasn't miserable all the time for once in 3 years ugh.
  • Options
    @ninji15 - sucks that everything is inconclusive.  Hopefully you two get some answers soon!
  • Options
    I feel like I'm already swimming in medical bills. I finally got the bills from my one day in the hospital. Thank goodness for out of pocket maxes.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 ugh glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! 
  • Options
    Dh is having a mini heart attack with all the bills rolling in and finding money to pay them with :/ thankfully I am close to my max (unless I go out of network for anything)
  • Options
    @ninji15 I had random stomach pains and heartburn for a while. The chiropractor helped with the stomach pains.  I also found that p2 inhibitors, like ranitidine (can’t remember the brand name) actually made the heartburn worse.  Turned out I had low stomach acid.  Drinking 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in water every morning, fermented foods, plain yogurt, and avoiding extra sugar/carbs for a while to get my gut bacteria back to normal helped immensely. Doctors wanted to medicate, but anything that was meant to reduce stomach acid made the heartburn worse because I already had low acid. I avoided any antacid and ate hard cheese when I got heartburn. I met a man doing the same thing while I was and he said he does a shot of apple cider vinegar before every meal - it was too strong for me so I never did that (he was seeing a naturopath for help/guidance on what to do).

Obviously that may not apply to your H but if it does, many doctors don’t recognize it.  I got a lot of funny looks from doctors when I told them what I was doing, but it was slowly working so I kept doing it. I can now eat pretty much whatever I want again, but it took a long time to get here (like 9-12 months).  Gut bacteria imbalance can also mess with digestion, so his intestinal problems may be related, especially if doctors can’t find a reason for the issues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm thankful that I had the foresight to put a good amount into my HSA, and that my company contribution went in in April. Right now I have the funds there to cover everything, so it makes it less painful.
  • Options
    @ninji15 I had random stomach pains and heartburn for a while. The chiropractor helped with the stomach pains.  I also found that p2 inhibitors, like ranitidine (can’t remember the brand name) actually made the heartburn worse.  Turned out I had low stomach acid.  Drinking 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in water every morning, fermented foods, plain yogurt, and avoiding extra sugar/carbs for a while to get my gut bacteria back to normal helped immensely. Doctors wanted to medicate, but anything that was meant to reduce stomach acid made the heartburn worse because I already had low acid. I avoided any antacid and ate hard cheese when I got heartburn. I met a man doing the same thing while I was and he said he does a shot of apple cider vinegar before every meal - it was too strong for me so I never did that (he was seeing a naturopath for help/guidance on what to do).

Obviously that may not apply to your H but if it does, many doctors don’t recognize it.  I got a lot of funny looks from doctors when I told them what I was doing, but it was slowly working so I kept doing it. I can now eat pretty much whatever I want again, but it took a long time to get here (like 9-12 months).  Gut bacteria imbalance can also mess with digestion, so his intestinal problems may be related, especially if doctors can’t find a reason for the issues.
    @purplegoldfish2 This didn't even occur to me as being a thing so I plan to bring it up with DH while he waits for an answer in the meantime, nothing can hurt at this point he is miserable. It sounds totally doable and I like it better than the meds hes been on. I don't think they are meant for long term.  Thank you so much for the advice!
  • Options
    Dh was looking at gut bacteria for his stomach issues. Probiotics helps for a while but things got worse again. Chriopractor said digestion can have deeper issues with the spine and also Probiotics are short term things and should NOT be used long term. 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth um, not a doctor, but aren't probiotics safe for long term use? It's just beneficial bacteria. I mean, I've been on them for YEARS and it helps keep everything moving. Still on them now and don't plan to stop. 
  • Options
    I know, I side eyed my husband when he said the chiro said that. I guess if you get everything into balance you shouldn't need to take them long term but this America and we eat like crap lol I may have to ask her at my next adjustment to see what she means. Dh might have misunderstood!
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth Yeah, that seems strange. My doctor is always encouraging me to take probiotics daily. But I know my chiro is very anti-medicine, so maybe that's why they said that?

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    Maybe she meant to not over do probiotics? I have a friend that took some, but it was evidently too much and it caused the other problem. She backed off of her dose and still takes them to this day, I think, but just not as much. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    Yeah, I mean if you take too much probiotics, you may be spending a little too much time in the bathroom...but I feel like they are self-limiting in that way.
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 one of the most frustrating delivery experiences was getting our fridge delivered. We kept getting damaged and dented models, and since it was an older model, only floor models were left. Eventually they upgraded us after I complained enough.
  • Options
    @jemmerjams was it with HD?  We bought all our appliances from Sears 4 years ago when we moved in because our businesss agreement was with them at the time. We had no issues (other than they didn’t deliver everything on the same day, but that was based on what they had in stock and I was happy to have something instead of waiting for everything at once).  Because of that experience I didn’t think anything of buying from another large chain. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic