Chit Chat

June Randoms

What's everyone up to? Any fun summer trips coming up? Anything growing well in your summer gardens? Anyone bouncing around like the cool people in the gif? 

Re: June Randoms

• What's everyone up to? Any fun summer trips coming up? Anything growing well in your summer gardens? Anyone bouncing around like the cool people in the gif? 

Going to a concert tonight with hubby, We are trying to plan our vacation for summer. Not sure where yet. Don't really have a garden. Just some rose bushes out front of house and hanging bakset of flowers on porch. 
  • H and I ALMOST ended up in Montana this weekend for an emergency work trip he had.  I couldn't get the days off because of month end. That Finance life... Boo. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We planted a tomato plant and red pepper plant last weekend. Mostly to feed the guinea pig. I am not a green thumb kinda person... H got free rose bush from his plant vendors 2 weeks ago. Didn't even bring it home, just dropped off to my mom lol.

End of month is so much fun (insert eyeroll here) @galactickates. I have my biggest report sitting on my desk waiting for me when I get in on Monday....
  • We planted a tomato plant and red pepper plant last weekend. Mostly to feed the guinea pig. I am not a green thumb kinda person... H got free rose bush from his plant vendors 2 weeks ago. Didn't even bring it home, just dropped off to my mom lol.

End of month is so much fun (insert eyeroll here) @galactickates. I have my biggest report sitting on my desk waiting for me when I get in on Monday....
    I am not a green thumb person either. Mother in law is now. 
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited June 2018
    We are moving at the end of the month. Not looking forward to that, but it will be an easier move than all the others we've done because it's local.

Tomorrow, I'm throwing a baby shower for a friend. So I'm busy cleaning and decorating. All the food is prepped except for the stuff I have to do last minute like put the dessert together (the cooked part is already cooked) and mix the juice and put stuff on skewers and pick up a fruit and veggie tray from the store, which is easy.

We have raised beds and grew stuff last year, but since we're moving, we won't be growing anything this year. :(
  • @galactickates I feel like I have probably read it at some point, but you’re in finance? I don’t think I realized that! 
    @prpl11butterfly  are you in finance as well? How do I miss these things. I also have a horrible week coming up, I’m choosing to ignore it this weekend, I’ll be paying for it Monday.

@drewsdarlin what concert? I’m craving some live music but my DH hates concerts
    @SkilledSailor that gif is creepy, like what are those things!?!

AFM...we have a trip to a lake house coming up at the end of this month. I also have a bachelorette party I’m planning next weekend. So that will be fun but stressful bc I planned everything. Our garden is going pretty good, trying to keep the animals out but I haven’t killed as much as I thought I would! 
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 - I am!!  We're kindred spirits  <3
  • I just got back date night. We saw Deadpool 2. It was good, but I think the first one was funnier.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @galactickates I feel like I have probably read it at some point, but you’re in finance? I don’t think I realized that! 
    @prpl11butterfly  are you in finance as well? How do I miss these things. I also have a horrible week coming up, I’m choosing to ignore it this weekend, I’ll be paying for it Monday.

@drewsdarlin what concert? I’m craving some live music but my DH hates concerts
    @SkilledSailor that gif is creepy, like what are those things!?!

AFM...we have a trip to a lake house coming up at the end of this month. I also have a bachelorette party I’m planning next weekend. So that will be fun but stressful bc I planned everything. Our garden is going pretty good, trying to keep the animals out but I haven’t killed as much as I thought I would! 
    It was Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Sorry your DH hates concerts.
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 sorta, I'm the assistant office manager at a dealership and I over see accounting.
  • Hope you are having a great day.
  • meggyme said
    I just got back date night. We saw Deadpool 2. It was good, but I think the first one was funnier.
    I wanted to see this so bad, but we saw Solo instead. It makes me sad that it wasn't as funny as the first one. I hope he shows up in the next Avengers. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Anyone have plans this week or for upcoming weekend?
  • @eleven_ it was funny, and maybe it'll be one of those movies where I watch it again and see things I didn't notice before that make it hysterical.

@drewsdarlin I think we're planning to go to our local harbor festival this weekend. Lots of military and civilian ships and sailboats and other fun stuff happening on the water.
  • @drewsdarlin I think we're planning to go to the beach for the day on Friday since we are off that day. I think it's going to be sunny the majority of the weekend for once here, and it will be nice to get some sun. The backyard is a complete mud pit :(
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • meggyme said:
    @eleven_ it was funny, and maybe it'll be one of those movies where I watch it again and see things I didn't notice before that make it hysterical.

@drewsdarlin I think we're planning to go to our local harbor festival this weekend. Lots of military and civilian ships and sailboats and other fun stuff happening on the water.
    That sounds fun. 
  • @drewsdarlin I think we're planning to go to the beach for the day on Friday since we are off that day. I think it's going to be sunny the majority of the weekend for once here, and it will be nice to get some sun. The backyard is a complete mud pit :(
    @drewsdarlin I think we're planning to go to the beach for the day on Friday since we are off that day. I think it's going to be sunny the majority of the weekend for once here, and it will be nice to get some sun. The backyard is a complete mud pit :(
    Have fun.
  • @eleven_ Solo was way better than Deadpool 2! I mean, Deadpool 2 was entertaining but it won't be one I watch repeatedly. 

@nmbrcrnchr1 Haha I have no idea what those things are or how adults are fitting into them. Is the bachelorette you're planning local? 

@meggyme Oh I love festivals by the water! It's a quintessential summer activity to me. We go to one every 4th of July weekend where my parents live. 

@drewsdarlin I'm working all weekend BUT partly because we're heading to FL for a week long trip next Tuesday so I need to squeeze in some clients before leaving.

@prpl11butterfly How are your plants doing? We're in year three with our raised garden bed and I feel like we're just now getting the hang of it. It's definitely a skill that needs to be honed (at least for me) rather than a talent. 
  • @SkilledSailor I loved Solo so much! DH thought it was just okay and he is a huge Star Wars fan. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @SkilledSailor I have never been to FL.
  • @SkilledSailor they seem to be doing pretty good. DH is taking great care of them :joy:
  • I'm bouncing around like the people in the gif. Going to San Diego and Mexico next weekend to film so that should be interesting. My two hibiscus shrubs are growing really well right now oh and my honeysuckle vine!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @SkilledSailor we are going to Milwaukee, which is about 4 hours from me, so not too bad. I’ve never been but it looks like a good time.
    @suzycupcake sorry if you posted before, or if you’d rather not say, but what do you do for a job? You mentioned filming...anything exciting you can share?
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited June 2018
    Hey @nmbrcrnchr1 I'm a producer. Just got finished filming a short about infertility. Next weekend, we will be filming breweries (reality tv). Can't say what we are doing yet, but this one, I will be doing some of the camera work. I've also been working on my own documentary. It's about cluster b personality disorders, specifically npd and aspd. It's a new spin on the topic and cannot share about it yet. A lot going on. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake that’s so cool! I need a less boring job that allows me to travel more and work less lol 
  • @suzycupcake I love San Diego! We lived there for 3 years. I miss it so much!
  • Lol @nmbrcrnchr1 I don't know about working less (being a producer is so hard) but I am less bored than I was when I worked at a desk doing admin stuff. I enjoy admin stuff, just not all of the time. What do you do?

@meggyme It is nice down there. Why did you move?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake Uncle Sam said so. DH is military.
  • @suzycupcake Those sound like fun work trips! Especially working/filming at breweries. 

@meggyme Darn Uncle Sam! That must be a frustrating part of the job. 
  • @suzycupcake yes it is. We’re hoping to get back there next year.
  • nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited June 2018
    @suzycupcake I didn’t mean you work less, I can imagine being a producer is tough! I meant I want a job that I work less, and if it involved traveling and drinking beer those would be nice bonuses!
    im an accountant at a private corporation. I mostly like it but currently my job sucks. I started working at 7 am and just logged off (almost midnight here) and I full expect this to be my life the next 2 weeks.  :s
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 Where do you live? If there are any production houses nearby, you can totally try and get in as a show accountant. Much more fun! Show accountants can also travel with production if they are filming for a month or two in another state or country. 

Just drink some beer now lol don't wait for the job to encourage it hahahaha or wine. Wine is awesome! Yikes, 17 hours. I'm sorry :( Do you do that every day?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @nmbrcrnchr1 I feel like that's been your work schedule since you intro-ed!!! I'm glad there is finally an end in sight! 
  • Has anyone had issues with admin not un-stickying (look, I just made up a word!) threads anymore? I've been trying to get them to un-sticky a thread on my BMB for 3 weeks now and no luck. Anyone know if they don't do it anymore or how to get their attention without getting a warning? 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland the June16 bmb tried to get some unstickied about a year ago because between ours and TB’s they took up the whole first page. We ended up moving to a private board when we couldn’t get results. It’s nice because we have control over who can see what we post there, so it’s a little more secure and not st the mercy of the bump gods. @holly321 congratulations!!! That is fantastic news! I hope the inspection and everything else goes smoothly.
  • @holly321 Congratulations! That is so so exciting. You've waited a long time for this. I hope the rest goes smoothly and quickly.
    @meggyme Thanks! I don't really want to have to do it that way though. It'd be great if admin would do their jobs... 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Hi everyone. How is your weekend going?
  • Sometimes they respond when tagged, it just depends. Ugh, one of my pet peeves on these boards is when people are like "so good, this should be stickied" and I just want to yell "NO!" Of everything that someone says should be stickied got stickied, it'd be pages of them. In my opinion, there should never be as few as possible but certainly no more than 3-4.
  • @holly321 - congrats, lady! when do you guys close? FX for a good inspection and all that jazz so nothing derails your purchase!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19