3rd Trimester

Ready for labor!

I'm 37 weeks and am SO ready for labor to begin. Ive Been have regular, consistent contractions for 2 AND A HALF WEEKS! Not BH contractions mind you - early labor contractions as confirmed by the doc but My doc says its because she is OP and the body is trying to turn her but she is already engaged! Doc is surprised I have made it this far honestly after having pre term labor stopped twice in the last 2 months. I am so ready to deliver her at this point! I keep getting told if I don't deliver by 39 weeks they are going to induce again because they are worried about size compatibility since I'm a small person (115 lbs at 36wks) Any one else just ready to be done? Or under pressure to go into Labor sooner rather than later?

Re: Ready for labor!

• meggymemeggyme member
    I'm 37 weeks and am SO ready for labor to begin. Ive Been have regular, consistent contractions for 2 AND A HALF WEEKS! Not BH contractions mind you - early labor contractions as confirmed by the doc but My doc says its because she is OP and the body is trying to turn her but she is already engaged! Doc is surprised I have made it this far honestly after having pre term labor stopped twice in the last 2 months. I am so ready to deliver her at this point! I keep getting told if I don't deliver by 39 weeks they are going to induce again because they are worried about size compatibility since I'm a small person (115 lbs at 36wks) Any one else just ready to be done? Or under pressure to go into Labor sooner rather than later?
    QFP
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • With DS in had preterm labor issues since 28 weeks. I miraculously made it to 39 week to my scheduled c section (medical reasons) without ever having any labor even though i had already been slowly dilating. Your body could do the same and hold off to be full term. So be prepared to continue the uncomfortable journey for a few more weeks. Pregnancy is not convenient, so being ready for baby does not mean baby is ready. I also don’t understand how inducing would be a solution to your “small size”, usually it’s a c section for those situations.