October 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday (5/23)

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday (5/23)

• Speaking of being overwhelming , these next few weeks are a doozy. I've been trying to sew a couple new dresses for me and the girls, and it's not happening. We're packing food boxes (that get shipped to the Ukraine, I think) tonight, so I need to try and get ready for our youth to help. Next Sat is town-wide garage sales, and I'm planning on having a sale, but I want to go through some more stuff to put on, but that hasn't happened yet either. At least we don't have to travel down to KS like we thought we were going to, this weekend, so that frees up a bit of the schedule. My mom is getting a steroid epidural next week, and because she's on a blood thinner, she has to be off of it for a week before the procedure. She has to get a different kind of blood thinner that works very short term, in a shot twice a day. She wants to try and do it herself, but if that doesn't work, either my sister or I will have to get to her and do it somehow. I'm worried about it I guess. I have two older brothers, each on the other side of the U.S. And sometimes, I wish they were at least closer to help out with mom every now and then. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Loading the player...
  • @chyvie I'm sorry to hear, hope things get better soon. My husband is also the type to sit and be silent while i cry and yell (european background i blame lol) it is hella frustrating let me tell you. Like speak up dammit! Do you have nothing to say? Men.
  • Grrr. My  sister and I are supposed to go with my mom at 4:00 to see how the blood thinner shot is supposed be done, but she's determined to do it herself.  I'm not against her doing it, but we want to be there to see how it's done, in case it doesn't work for mom to do it on her own. She went and called the Dr and scheduled to go in at 1:45 to do the shot, right in the middle of nap time, and all but refused to change it back. Mom stopped by my sisters and she talked her back into going at 4, but we had to sit there and argue about it before she gave in. Just... Good grief! 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @coffee-saur Glad she moved it back, but do you know which blood thinner she is on? Lots of the companies that make it have well done videos online that are sometimes also helpful to reference after the appointment!
  • coffee-saurcoffee-saur member
    edited May 2018
    @chopchop25 she'll be taking Lovanox until after the procedure, then she'll go back on Coumadin. 
    I'll definitely look into that!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @coffee-saur here ya go!
    https://www.lovenox.com/patient-self-injection-video

It's not so bad, though I've found putting some ice on it after (assuming doc is okay with that) definitely helps keep the bruising down!
  • edited May 2018
    I have to be outside at festivals working Saturday and Sunday and it is supposed to be mid 90's and I hate heat. Ugh. I will be under a canopy so hoping for breeze. I have a battery operated fan and will be bringing all things cold and hydrating! Bring on the million potty breaks.
    Edit as trying to gif on mobile... Not working :'(
  • @chyie I'm glad your husband seems better now. I'd tell him the first thing he can start packing is that game console. DHs brother is like that and idk how his gf puts up with it. He comes home and plays and she takes care of the kids and the house work and everything. I told DH once the babies are here the Xbox is going to become a luxury. He's been really good about it lately but used to be on it all his free time.. 
    DH is just as bad when we fight.. he'll yell right back and get upset when I get and do nothing to console so I go sit by myself outside and decompress. Only difference is I let it go pretty quick and DH holds a grudge a bit longer
  •  <3@chopchop25 thanks so much! Just got back from doing the first injection with the Dr. In the Dr's words 'wipe it down with alcohol, then just womp and push the plunger till it clicks.'  :) mom still wants to do it on her own because we have kids, but Dr told her just let your daughters do it. She's so stubborn so it was nice to have the Dr side with us! 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @coffee-saur I hope he meant push it until it clicks once you're done! I can't imagine closing that thing while it was still in my belly (that said I just freaked out and totally went and re-watched the video to make sure I wasn't screwing up the whole time since there always is a little liquid at the end.) Also keep an eye on the dosage depending on brand - they just switched needles in the generic and I've found some of mine leaking before I use them. Going to bring them to the pharmacist tomorrow.
    And don't worry if you get a little blood - sometimes ya just hit a vein but it shouldn't be too bad, minus bruising!
  • Hmm yea now that I watched that, it did give a soft click once the medicine was all out, but he thought it'd pull the needle back, which it didn't. But once my sis pulled it out she pushed on the plunger again and like the video showed, covered the needle. Well, I sent it to my sister so at least we know. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @chyvie sorry your DH is being so immature. I hope he uses you on antibiotics (good luck with those, by the way - I hope they finally kick that infection for you) as a chance to step it up! 

@coffee-saur glad your mom agreed to reschedule! Maybe you can use the long weekend to get things done and build on some relaxation time? Sounds like you definitely earned it! 

My WTF goes out to my coworker who cornered me and asked if I was pg in front of 4 other people at work today. Not quite how I wanted that to go down...
  • Wtf happened to my pregnancy supernose?  I just had a bowl of cereal with milk and the milk was bad.. and I didn’t smell it!  It looked a little funny but MH gave it to the kids and they were eating it fine so I assumed it was my imagination.  Got half way through and decided it tasted funny and again assumed it was me because the kids were eating it, but I couldn’t finish it. They got to the end of their bowls and said they didn’t want the milk because they didn’t like it. MH asked them if it was bad and I told him it didn’t smell bad.  He checked it and said it definitely does smell bad.  Wtf nose? Why did you fail me???  Also, really hoping none of us get sick now. We probably won’t since it clearly wasn’t that bad if I didn’t notice it, but still.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @purplegoldfish2 fingers crossed for you!! I've been recovering from possible food poisoning since Thursday and I'm still not better. Ugh. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
  • Don't think you can get sick on sour milk unless it has been left out and got warm or has been that way a really really long time. Don't people add vinegar to milk to make buttermilk... I could have all of my info wrong or jumbled so don't quote me on any of this! Lol
  • I am thankful everyday that my husband is not into gaming!!!!!!!!! We have an xbox and it hasn’t been turned on in 2 years. I don’t know how any of you gals can deal with the gaming thing!!!!! Huge cheers to you for being so patient about it. I don’t understand it at all and definitely don’t agree with him playing his games over taking care of and helping you!!!!!! Hang in there!!! 
  • Wtf, we are hosting 33 people today for dd’s 3rd birthday and it’s gonna rain. Our house is... not large. Just our yard. Boo.

Also wtf, I went to a chic-fil-a for the first time in 10 years despite my moral issues with them, I was near one of the very few in MA and I’m pregnant so decided to give in. And then I had a stomachache all night. 
  • edited May 2018
    @jemmerjams Oh no! Hope you start feeling better soon!!

@SweetSweetTooth It was pasteurized & barely bad, so we are most likely completely fine. I looked it up and you can get food poisoning from bad milk, but it’s more likely if it is raw or has been sitting around for a while.  If you do get sick from it, it’s most common for it to happen immediately and that is because it upsets your stomach, not because of bacteria.  Souring milk by adding vinegar or lemon juice won’t make you sick because it’s not bacteria making it happen, so this is a little different, but in all likelihood still ok.

ETA I’m just annoyed that it happened. My stomach is a little blah right now but that could be because of a different cereal not agreeing with me or even just the thought of the bad milk messing with me, or just because I’m pregnant and it happens sometimes.  Both of the kids are fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I opened my almond milk this am for some cereal. The rim was a blue-ish black so down the sink it went. I was disappointed.