Infertility

Do Wondfos not work for some people?

I had an hCG trigger shot, and I know the HCg went right into my system as it should have because my OPK got super dark by the next morning (even though my LH had been low). On 6dpo (8 days post trigger), I used a Wondfo so I could begin to see the hCG “test out” of my urine. Well, the Wondfo was already stark white.

Could I have gotten a bad batch or they just don’t “work” for me? Should I switch to another brand when I’m ready for pregnancy testing?

Re: Do Wondfos not work for some people?

• mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited May 2018
    I think that if they turned dark initially that they work... but opk tests for LH, not HCG.  So to truly test you should do a pregnancy test.

Having said that, mine was negative by 6 days post trigger.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• northbeach3northbeach3 member
    edited May 2018
    Depending on the color, wondfos are only sensitive if hcg is at or above 20 (blue) or 25 (pink). I had two recent betas both under 25 and got squinter/evap lines on pink wondfo. One beta was 24.3 and did get slightly more color in the wondfo line but still no solid. 

My 6.5 beta was picked up with faint but obvious line on FRER, so those tests definitely seem to be the most sensitive. 

Sadly, I don’t know what’s typical for testing out of trigger. But 8 days past trigger does seem to be long enough for it to be gone. 6dpo is very early though to get a pos pregnancy test. 
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Loading the player...
  • I triggered with 10,000 hcg and had a faint positive 7 days later, complete negative by 12 days. The hcg level drops by approximately half every 24-36 hours so depending on the amount of hcg you triggered with you may not have enough left to turn a pregnancy test 
  • mzl1mzl1 member
    Thanks guys- it was my OPK that turned dark, not a Wondfo HPT, day after my trigger (I didn’t try a Wondfo until 6dpo). I may try a new cheapie HPT brand- any recs?
  • It's best to test out an hcg trigger with an hcg test. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• mzl1mzl1 member
    I thought I was- started using Wondfo HPT at 6dpo but it was already completely white
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    Oh I misunderstood you. Then you tested out the trigger. Any positive after that will be true :)
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• mzl1mzl1 member
    Well, I’m now 9dpo and BFN on Wondfo. Of course I understand that I could just not be pregnant this month, but it’s just odd to me that they were never the least bit positive even on like 7 days post trigger
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited May 2018
    Mine was negative by day 6 as well.

ETA TW

i do have a positive now at 6dp5dt so it wasn’t that the test was faulty on day 6.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• mzl1mzl1 member
    edited May 2018
    Maybe the tiniest shadow, but i don’t want to drive myself nuts. Do you guys recommend FRER at This point?
    **Image removed by Admin**
  • I think I’d wait a couple of days and then you should be good.  Or.. it’ll just start getting darker anyway!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mzl1 did you end up getting a FRER? I know that I clear hCG slowly, I had faint lines for weeks after my m/c and a prior Ovidrel shot. Other people seem to get it out of their system quickly.
  • If you already have wondfos I would keep using them. If you had a stark white 8dpo and get a positive after that then you know it's not your trigger. You can always confirm with a FRER, but I don't see any reason for you not to keep testing with wondfos until then.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test and ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"