September 2018 Moms

Symptoms and Questions 5/20

How's everyone feeling this week? Any questions?

Re: Symptoms and Questions 5/20

• Anyone, especially STM’s+ feel like they are engorged already? I can’t express any colostrum now but my breasts are suuuuper full and tender like when they got full of milk before. I’m not sure if I’m all screwed up because I was still breastfeeding for the first couple months of this pregancy, but I don’t remember being this uncomfortable last time. At least not this early! 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I've had feelings of clogged ducts every so often. I was bfing until a week before my bfp, so not sure if there really is something going on or if boobs are just weird.
  • Loading the player...
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    edited May 2018
    @Wishilivedinflorida and @Patience7150 I've felt the same way! My boobs feel really full and my nipples are tender like I gave a clogged duct or when they were engorged, it's like all I need is a suckling baby and I'm good to go. Glad I'm not alone in this, but I'm sorry you are going through it too, I know for me it's painful at times.

ETA: I had stopped breastfeeding a solid 6 months before getting my BFP.
  • stothistothi member
    I stopped breastfeeding maybe almost 2 years ago? So my boobs just feel like "normal" pregnancy swollen boobs.
  • klj0228klj0228 member
    @Wishilivedinflorida I was saying yesterday that I was starting to leak tiny amounts of colostrum. I’m a FTM so I have no idea what it feels like to be engorged, but my breasts and nipples definitely hurt! 
  • Oohh add me to the giant boob train. I keep thinking they are gonna start leaking any day... I’m pretty sure they are as large now as they were the first month or so after dd was born. I’m busting out of every bra I own and I bought each size as I went up last time! (Pre-dd, I was 34c, pre-this one, I was 32dd. Currently pretty sure I’d fill a 36dd comfortable). 

Discomfort is kinda come and go with them, but I‘ve had to start using baby powder under them as I got red and itchy and funky from the lack of air-flow?! 

It’s been almost 4 years since dd weaned, but these are already no longer fun boobs, just huge and uncomfortable. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• +1 for tender boobs. I've been getting clogged duct feelings and my boobs have probably gotten larger.

I've also started to smell like a teenager. Hormonal sweat just stinks (literally). It doesn't matter what or how much deodorant I use or how often I shower, I just smell gross. 

On a good note, I've had a lot more energy. Which is such a weird feeling for me. I never got the burst of energy with DD.

I also had to take off all my rings yesterday. My hands feel naked but they were getting very uncomfortable with the swelling. I've also gotten swelling in my feet and ankles.
  • Add another for the tender boobs club.   I am getting this pain on my left side, right above my ribs.  It is only at night when I am sleeping that it wakes me up and hurts like heck.  Can you get indigestion/heartburn there?
  • @knitknitread I had to switch deodorants several weeks ago, since the one I had been using just stopped agreeing with my chemistry, seemed like.  With this new one, I feel much better. ;)
  • @knitknitread OMG where did you find that photo of me and my child?! I swear that's what he's doing in there. I also had to remove my wedding band the other day. My engagement ring has always fit a bit loosely so luckily my hand isn't completely naked (yet). 

I've been experiencing some pretty intense lower abdominal pain. Maybe the cervix area? It's so bad that I don't know. It's not constant but every few days I'll feel it for hours. I'll be bringing it up to my midwives at the next appointment. They didn't seem too concerned about it last time since it doesn't come in waves like contractions do (? I'm guessing, FTM so I dunno).
  • @nlc8424 Oh man, the gas. Both ends. Never ending.
  • klj0228klj0228 member
    Feeling like I might be getting a UTI and I have an early morning flight tomorrow. Traveling for work and won’t be home until late Wednesday night. Praying it’s nothing, but the urge to pee with little reward is not looking good.
  • @samd6 For what it’s worth, I had horrid congestion and sinus issues last week and with that, I was having all kinds of anxiety nightmares (mine were spider related!). For the past two nights my congestion has gotten much better and last night I had nice happy fun dreams! I’ve had to use a combination of humidifier, lots of saline spray, and Flonase. It’s not all better, but improved! And, I think the anxiety dreams were due to the difficulty in breathing. 
  • My back is really bothering me now, and I’m starting to get really worried about flying in a couple weeks. (That’s it’s own issue, bc I have a severe fear of flying and this will be my first time doing it without medication.) But aside from that - I can’t sit in one place for too long without my back pain becoming unbearable. Not sure how I’ll be able to deal with a cross country flight :/ 
  • samd6samd6 member
    Oh! My husband reminded me that I have another question!

Shoes. I work on my feet all day and have wide feet already, I think a lot of my back pain is due to terrible shoes and my foot soreness is obviously due to them. Any suggestions? I’d like something that has a *little* style since I work with a bunch of 20-something sneaker heads but ultimately comfort & support is key. They do need to be closed toe. 
  • @samd6. My feet are killing me, too.  I did buy a new pair of Clark's to try in a wide size, but they are actually quite big still, so I need to try with my added insole and/or "real" socks, or else return and order a half size down.  I can't wear sneakers tho, otherwise I'd feel like it was no problem.  Just add a good supportive insole - you can usually pull out and replace the one that comes inside the shoe - for more support.
  • @nlc8424 do you or anyone have any recommendations when it comes to support belts? My boy hangs out so low that it's really bothering my lower back.  My back never bothers me the few times he decides to hang out a little higher, which is always a great relief.. And man does my tailbone hurt when I walk a lot! I wanna keep up with exercising but oof! I never expected having a sore tailbone! :D
  • stothistothi member
    @lilidubs last pregnancy I felt like a donkey kicked me square in the ass. My tailbone hurt so bad!!! I had never heard about tailbones hurting before from pregnancy, but I guess it's a thing. 
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @lilidubs I've actually never used a support belt so I don't have any recommendations. IIRC, I think @pourmeamocktail and @spottedginger have used one maybe? 
  • nackienackie member
    I used a support belt last time as well and it was a life saver. I need to see if I can find it as my back has been killing me recently. I got mine on Amazon I think it was the bracco one. It wasn’t terribly comfortable though
  • I was just looking at those last night, too.  Not that I really need one just yet.  I thought the azmed one looked pretty good.
  • Definitely with you ladies and feeling " really pregnant " / exploding breasts.
    @lilidubs I have this one: https://www.baobeimaternity.com/ ( pro bump ) and the Gabriella Support band which I got on Amazon. Gabriella is better support but the Baobei is more comfortable. 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• For belly support bands, if you're feeling broke, ask your OB for one. Mine gave me a fairly basic one when I mentioned it and I never saw a bill for it (included in "routine prenatal care"). It worked and I didn't spend more money!