September 2018 Moms
Options

Hello Lurkers and Newbies! Come say hi!

I had wicked insomnia last night so I reread the intro thread and randomly clicked on a few names and I'm seeing a fair number of people who intro'd and show as recently active, but haven't been posting. We'd love to hear from you!!!
You could reintroduce yourself here, or just jump in and say "hi" or maybe suggest a topic for a thread that you'd like to participate on? Whatever floats your boat :) Random gifs and/or memes are also always appropriate and appreciated as well.

Re: Hello Lurkers and Newbies! Come say hi!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dairygirl93 Hello. For the first 2-3 months, I was a lurker on the August board. I would only go there occasionally. My EDD is 9/2. So even though there's still a good chance I could have an August girl, this board just seemed best. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @nlc8424 I don't think it's too early to start talking about BFing. I think you'd be just fine to start a thread now. I, for one, would love recommended reading on the topic.
  • Options
    jayliijaylii member
    @jjess1201 Yes, let's start a FT working Mom's thread! I want to hear all your wisdom. :smile:
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @Redpuma119 we can definitely start a thread about breastfeeding/pumping questions that can just be brought up again once babies are here. 
  • Options
    @tasha_ak Hi! I’m a STM as well in a similar situation because my DD and this baby will be exactly six years apart! I am trying to refresh my memory on allthethings too :D I definitely think the transition will be a little easier with a great little helper around! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    @jaylii forgive me if I mentioned this on another thread, but re: daycares...are there any chain centers you’re interested in? In my area we have Bright Horizons, KinderCare, and Little Sprouts that are big companies with multiple locations. Once you get in to a center, if you want to change locations they put you near the top of the list (just under sibling spots). So you may need to spend a few months with a crappy daycare commute, but then you could get into the center you want much sooner! Some towns/neighborhoods have a crazy waitlist, but the next town over it’s easy to get into. 
  • Options
    @mrsPNW When my little girl is born, I will be a SAHM... which is what I've always wanted to be. I'm really looking forward to it. This is my first pregnancy and it was pretty easy up until 10 weeks. Then, sickness hit and has continued off and on since, normally a couple of times a week. If you have any advice on being a SAHM, I'm all ears. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    dairygirl93  Welcome. I have a daughter born October '16 and another girl on the way. I have not decided yet if I am taking the 18 months or not. I like that I will have more time with LO, but $$$ ... I work evenings and don't see my boss/coworkers either. I told my boss at 17 weeks though as she needs to hire someone to fill my position. 
  • Options
    jayliijaylii member
    @MandyMost Thank you for the suggestion! We do have some daycare chains around but they are out in the burbs. I commute from one inner ring suburb to another where there are no chains. I'm going to look into it and see if this could be a good option, even if temporarily. 
  • Options
    Welcome @samd6 I'm a FTM, will be 35 when our little one arrives and work FT in the social work field. You're in good company here, I've learned a ton from the STM's on this board and other regulars. 
    @dairygirl93 hey and welcome! fellow Canadian here,  i'm from Ottawa. Met with my HR to discuss which leave i'd like. I'm going for the 12 months cause the 18th is just not financially possible for us, wish it was! MH works shift work as a fireman so we are very lucky to have some flexibility in that 12-18 months since most daycares around here don't take em till 18 months. 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• Options
    @BusinessWife That would be my situation if I were Canadian....le sigh. I wonder how that works...can you just stay home making money having babies that close together? 

Also out of curiosity, how soon will they do another transfer on you? (Presuming labor and delivery are uncomplicated) I’ve always wondered this for families who have multiple embryos they want to implant. 
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @sclarke7 so that's an interesting point you bring up. Since the maternity leave in the US sucks daycares here start taking infants as early as 6 weeks! Cause they have to.
    Around here it's the preschools that don't take kiddos until 12-18 months at the earliest. But day cares take 'em when they are tiny cause our moms/dads have to get back to work :/
  • Options
    @stothi I was concerned about how early I may need to start baby in daycare. I have no family here and there is a possibility I’ll have to start him at 8 weeks (not sure yet). I was feeling awful about this and I asked at the daycare what’s the earliest people start. She said they had babies there as young as 17 days. Where I live, it is fairly common for moms to go back to work right away. It’s just too expensive here. 
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @ashh2018 17 days!? That's barely 2 weeks! The baby is fine but how do the moms do it!? (I know it's possible, it goes blows my mind cause I was jacked up for a long time. Way longer than 17 days.)
    Also, I kinda want to work at a daycare with the teeny tiny babies! You so rarely get to be around them when they are that small unless they are your own.
  • Options
    @ashh2018 Holy crap! Most of the centers around here won't accept a baby any younger than 6 weeks. Even then I thought that was super young. I cannot imagine needing to leave my two week old. 
  • Options
    sclarke7 I'm in Manitoba and my local daycare won't take DD till 2 years but that is because daycare is so limited here so the waitlist is loooooong. I wonder what the minimum age is here. They told me it is easier to get a baby in if he/she has a sibling in the centre already. Not sure what the reason could be.