How far along will you be?

What is being discussed?

Questions/Comments/Concerns:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Appointments and Updates 5/20-5/26

• When is your appointment?

Tomorrow, Monday 5/21

Exactly 13 weeks (2nd Trimester, I am calling it!)

What is being discussed?

Not really sure. I am meeting with my OB for the first time this pregnancy (she is also my gyn). I met with the nurse last week. I am assuming just some measurements and listening to the heartbeat. I am sure we will talk about my blood pressure too.

I am getting tired of appointments. I have spent a fortune on copayments so far! On the other hand, I am really looking forward to the reassurance they bring. 

No real questions or concerns for this appointment. 

• When is your appointment? Thursday, May 24th

13w2d

What is being discussed?
      I think I am having the NT Scan.  Other than that, I'm sure it's just a normal appt.  I have tried to do the 24 urine test twice and failed to complete it.  I'm sure that will be an issue.

I want to chat with her about my back pain and insomnia.
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • When is your appointment? Wednesday 5/23

15w3d

What is being discussed?
    doing blood work to test for spinal defects and just a regular appointment (I'm assuming she'll listen with a doppler but I'm hoping she'll offer me an ultrasound)

I'm going to ask my OB about my sciatic pain and hair loss. I remember with DS losing hardly any hair and I'm losing a lot now (even my hair dresser noticed). My anatomy scan will be the next appointment, so I'm excited to schedule that! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @goldie987 hooray!!!!! So happy for you!!! 

• @goldie987 wonderful news!! Thank you for letting us know!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @goldie987 - I am so so happy to see this news!!!!! Congratulations!
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• When is your appointment? Thursday 5/24

17 weeks

What is being discussed? 
    Just a check up. I’ll schedule my anatomy scan for the next appointment, so that’s exciting! 

I’ll probably bring up my SI joint pain, but I’m pretty sure I’m already doing everything I can possibly do for it, and just have to deal with it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• When is your appointment? Tomorrow, 5/23

16+1

What is being discussed? 
    Just a check up. The portal says it should take 15 minutes. We all know I'll be sitting in the waiting for at least an hour though. I hate how they are never on time.

I am going to bring up my daily afternoon headaches. I've tried adding in extra hydration and am now adding in more protein to my diet. I'm hoping that will make a difference, but we will see. The headaches are brutal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My Dr's office sent a text saying they moved my appointment from tomorrow to Thursday. Now DH can't go :(
  • Oh no @middleschoolmommy.  That happened to me with my NT scan.  I made MH reorganize his week to make it work because it was an important appointment . 
  • @goldie987 It's mfm appoint, so I know I'll get to see the baby (they do an ultrasound at every appointment) and I'm bummed he won't get to! He has a meeting scheduled for my exact  appointment time. He is coming to my school to help me move out my classroom furniture in the morning, at least. 
  • @middleschoolmommy, could you try to call and reschedule? Just tell you have a meeting then too! I hate when doctor offices just expect you to be available for anytime they say. I almost never am!

Tomorrow, 25 May, at 8:45 AM.

12 weeks 4 days.

What is being discussed?

Nuchal translucency test and blood test for chromosomal abnormalities.

My SO can't make it, so I'm going alone :( 

Was wondering: do I get the results of the NT test immediately, or do I have to wait? I know I have to wait for the blood test results (they told me 5-7 business days). Also, what are the chances they could tell me the sex if my baby at a 12 week ultrasound? Anyone had that happen for them?
  • @mother_of_cats At my NT scan the Dr told me immediately that everything looked normal. I wish they would have gone over things more technically, but I'm just happy nothing was measuring off. I ended up waiting about 8 days for my NIPT results. I had  a scan when I was 12+5 and the tech said it looked like a girl ( I already knew it was), but she also said that baby was giving her a perfect view lol.
  • Had my appt today and thought I would get to see LO.  Today was just a normal check-in.  We discussed the NT Scan and I elected to forego the test since the NIPT came back normal.  My next appt will be with the MFM for an anatomy scan.  We also had a chat about my migraines and extreme exhaustion.  She suggested I Uber to work, but I work over a hour from the house, so that's not an option.  I have fell asleep on the highway twice (lots of stop and go), so my husband and doctor are very concerned, but I don't have a lot of time to take off work.  Any tips on how you all handled your fatigue?  I'm have applied to a couple of jobs closer to home, but in the meantime, I will take any help I can get.
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @amber1174 are you drinking something with caffeine before your commutes? could you listen to a podcast while you drive, like something high energy, comedic, or super interesting? 
  • @Amber1174 - I eat and drink on my way home (after being up 25+ hours) and I talk to someone on the phone (DH or my parents) because I fell asleep on my 40-45 min ride home one morning. So scary.
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @Amber1174 is there anyone you could possible commute/carpool with? Or is there a park and ride you could take part way? 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

-it was today (5/24)

-Today I am 14 weeks and 4 days

What is being discussed?

-Check up and FINALLY get to hear the heartbeat! Also: Had brown discharge after sex last week, but it went away after about 24 hours. Discussed it was okay.

-Spoke to my doctor about anxiety during pregnancy. I have an extremely high stress job, and it worries me that it has health effects on the baby. He assured me there should be no health effects on the baby when stressed, but should try to stay “chill”. Any tips for how you guys relax??
  • Yay for a good materniti21 result @MojieJo!  It's such a relief to have good results.
  • @MojieJo Yay for great results!
    @runningyogimama Your A/S is on my birthday!

Tuesday after work I went to the hospital to get the second blood draw for the NIPT testing as my window had opened up and when I got there the tech said the piece of paper I had wasn't the correct one and that she couldn't do the draw. I sat there for an hour while she told me to call the dr office and ask them to fax an order or put it in the portal. Of course my dr office was closed, but she told me to talk to the answering service. I did and they told me they couldn't help. So I left with no blood drawn.

Wednesday I was at an all day seminar and had to call the dr office on my breaks. My dr office was confused as they said they have taken the paper in the past and told me to call the office where I had my NT scan who gave me the paper to begin with. I called them on my next break and they told me there was nothing they could do and to call my dr office back. I did and the receptionist decided to call the hospital. She spoke to someone she knew in the lab and turns out the paper was the right one, the tech was new and didn't know. So I had to huff it back to the hospital to get the blood draw while this woman was there so that I knew I wouldn't get turned away again. 

Both offices profusely apologized and were nice, but man was that a pain in the ass.  Now I just wait for the results!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @highsteaks I've been trying to stay away from caffeine, but that's a great idea.  I used to make a cup of coffee to drink on my way to work.  I will also try listening to something on my way in.  I normally use my morning drive as my quiet time.  If I'm not in my car, someone is talking to me.  I rolled the windows down this morning.  The breeze was great and kept me up.

@mockingjay1 My husband calls me, but after we've recapped our day (he talks to people all day as well), we are both in the mood for a little quiet time.   And yes!  It's really scary falling asleep behind the wheel.  

@lurvleybunchococonuts I looked into it when I first started and couldn't find any park and ride or carpool options.  I am looking to move closer to my home.  I applied for a job that's at our sister campus (7 minutes away).  Praying I get it!  

Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Sorry if I'm violating rules or anything by posting twice in the same thread, but I just finished my appointment this morning for my NT scan and it was positive. I noticed immediately that the fluid buildup behind the baby's neck was huge and the doctor confirmed my fears. She didn't give me the actual value of the NT measurement or the odds, but told me that there's definitely something wrong with my baby. I was warned that I have an increased chance of spontaneous miscarriage and to be emotionally prepared if the next scan shows no heartbeat (despite the fact that the heart rate was around 180 this morning, so it's not immediately imminent).

Whether it's Down's syndrome or possibly Turner's syndrome is currently unknown, and I'm getting genetic counseling and a CVS test on Tuesday. I was in complete and utter shock (I'm only 27 years old and this is my first pregnancy). 

Anyone else have a positive NT test? The doctor opted not to do the blood test because she's so sure that there's something wrong that doing another screening versus something more definitive is a waste of time. Also considering doing an NIPT, but I'm worried about the cost because insurance won't cover it. Did anyone pay out of pocket, and how much did it cost?
  • @mother_of_cats i’m so sorry that your nt scan wasn’t great and your doctor was alarming about it. i hope the more definitive tests come back with better results. update us as much as you want to.
  • @mother_of_cats I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hopefully you get better results from the cvs. Praying for you and your little one. 
  • @mother_of_cats so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Thinking of you and your little babe. 
  • @mother_of_cats I don't have any wisdom to share with you but just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and hoping your CVS can provide you with some answers on Tuesday.
  • @mother_of_cats I’m sorry you are going through this scary and stressful time. Sending you positive thoughts, and hoping for a good outcome with the additional testing . 
  • @mother_of_cats I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this! As far as NIPT, my dr office said they usually work with you on cost and usually insurance will cover it if there’s a medical need, ie a positive NT test. However, NIPT tests always caution that they are just a screening test so a CVS would give you more definitive results. Hoping you get some quick answers. 
  • edited May 2018
    @mother_of_cats oh no! I pray that the other testing is more helpful. Thinking of you and praying for your family <3

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @mother_of_cats I am so sorry to hear this. I'm sorry I can't answer your questions about the cost of the testing. Perhaps your insurance might know how much it is? I don't know much about testing, but it seems you probably wouldn't need to do the NIPT if you're also having the CVS testing done. But I could definitely be wrong. I am so sorry you're going through this. Please be kind to yourself this weekend, and feel free to post as often as you want to. There is no rule for how often you can post in a thread, and we would all love to hear updates from you to make sure you're doing okay. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @mother_of_cats - I am so sorry about your NT results. I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say I am thinking of you and your sweet baby. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @mother_of_cats  I am so sorry. I hope you get more answers soon. If you are still in the window for NIPT, i would consider asking your OB which company they have the lab done through. Then you could call that lab and ask about costs associated with testing. I am thinking of you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @mother_of_cats so sorry to hear this and I hope you get more definitive information very soon! Please keep us updated and in the meantime you will be in my thoughts and prayers.