November 2018 Moms
Options

CD Chatter

2»

Re: CD Chatter

• Options
    My only other thought is I prefer newborn covers for the first week or so that have the cutout for the stump.  

Also you might have better luck boiling the inserts before washing.  You can pack quite a few in a large pot and boil them for 10 minutes I think, its more effective then many hot washes.
  • Options
    @bqtmom25 is the idea with boiling them similar to stripping them?

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A: And all our old cotton tshirts get cut up and turned into additional rags :lol:

B: I love knowing that if we're in a bind essentially anything absorbant will do :joy:
    A: i still wear a bunch of old, bleach-spot stained, hole-y t-shirts to sleep in. i just can’t give them up. they are so wonderfully soft and comfy. the thought of cutting them up makes me sad.

B: once, when i forgot to pack spare diapers for a quick trip, i had to resort to using one of dd’s spare outfits from the car as an insert. it worked great and thank goodness she didn’t poop.  B)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @highsteaks
    A ) I somehow manage to get weird small holes in my shirts from work. Probably from leabing against the sink to wash lab wear so often withoutcmy lab coat and the cement countertop is rough. So when they get that way they get turned into rags. But big soft comfy t-shirts are great! The most recent rags I made were old cotton tanktops I got literally 7 or 8 years ago that now have small holes in them :lol: so I *think* I got all the wear usage out if them.
    B ) hahaha! Oh goodenss that is funny. Good to know spare clothing in a super last minute emergency works ;)

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    just got an email that cottonbabies/bumgenius has a sale on their flip diaper covers, 3 solids for $33. normally $15 each. https://www.cottonbabies.com/products/flip-diapers-one-size-diaper-cover-3?variant=755896844289
  • Options
    Bumping and cross posted from the AW your hobbies thread. I'm working on making some reusable wipes this weekend. My initial idea was to do 1 layer cotton + 1 layer flannel and zigag stitching the edges. But when I pinned them together I didn't like the thickness. Now I'm thinking leaving the flannel single layer (obviously stitching the edges to prevent fraying) and then doing 2 layers of cotton? I think 1 layer cotton is too thin... You guys habe any ideas or insight?

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I did 2 layers of flannel (granted, I used used flannel baby blankets from a consignment store, so they were already well washed and a bit thinner) for wipes with DD1 and zig-zag stitching, and they’ve held up well and were a good thickness! The girls actually use them in the bath now, over 5 years later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @runningyogimama okay, cool! Thanks so much. I'm probably just over thinking it and will go with my initial idea :lol: #indecision

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts those fabrics you pip’d in the other thread are super cute! i think 2 layers is good. i only have a few wipes, but they are all either 1 or 2 layers, and i think they are a good thickness. did you pre-shrink your fabrics?

this bump is timely. can i aw newborn fluff mail that just arrived this morning?

bonus cat photobomb
  • Options
    @highsteaks those are soooooo cute. Almost makes me want to CD  :D 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @highsteaks OMG those are adorable!! I wish I needed more diapers (I have way too many to justify more at this point, between both my girls). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @offtoneverland the adoreable patterns are really the driving force for me to want to stick to cding lol. 

@runningyogimama my os stash is likely more than sufficient 2x over, even for twins :/  i was so bad about buying all the cute patterns that came out when dd was a baby. if i can be honest, having twins now makes me feel less guilty about the huge stash i ended up with (and also delighted that it’s a good excuse to get a newborn stash). but ugh, i’m still eyeballing a couple of new os that i want. i need an intervention.

for the record, i’m pretty sure i still came out well below the cost of disposable diapering one.