January 2019 Moms

Symptoms - week of 5/13

13»

Re: Symptoms - week of 5/13

• @katethemom yes, I think maybe blood sugar or something could be a factor. I took my blood pressure (we have a home monitoring thing) and it was normal (104/70), so it wasn't bp related. 

So far I'm feeling better, less spinning, but still dizzy. I called the ob office and asked for a nurse to call, but so far they havent called yet. I read that zofram (the meds I took last pregnancy for morning sickness) also helps vertigo, so I am hoping they will write me a prescription and I can try it. 
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    rooonilwaazlib I had very minimal nausea with my first. I basically just had to snack all the time to not feel sick. Never vomited. I had a little girl. 

@galactickates AMEN to no AF! The first few weeks after birth kind of sucks, bleeding wise, but I'll take it. My period returned when DD was 10 months old despite nursing her still.

DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 5+1 and so much lower back/hip pain. I can't find any position that's remotely comfortable, but sitting is the absolute worst. Feeling really stressed as SI joint pain ultimately put me on early leave with my first, but that pain didn't begin until trimester three. I'm crossing everything that I'm not in for 8 more months of this.
  • I'm 5+2 today. Bloat and nausea and bouts of vertigo. Fatigue is no joke. Lower back pain and hip pain. Food cravings. Emotional over everything.
  • In the vicinity of 7w.

Still very few symptoms. My boobs were starting to get pretty sore this week. Especially when I’d first wake up. Now noticeably less so. Anyone else have their boobs getting less sore? I know symptoms come and go but PGAL brain says it needs reassurance.
  • @zamora_spin Mine are literally different everyday. Like you mine hurt most overnight and in the morning. But some days I don’t notice it at all!

7+1 and I slept from 7pm-7am last night. Whoops. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• 6+5 today and experiencing new symptom.  Every time I start doing a mildly physical project (laundry, or like just now, reorganizing closet) I am struck with feelings of dizziness/dehydration (despite chugging water all day) and wild thumping heartbeat. After 20 minutes I have to retreat to the couch...hope this passes! Not sure how to exercise with this one.
  • @green_olive the thumping heartbeat has been my first symptom both pregnancies. 

And I'm feeling nothing but exhausted. So  so tired. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 10 minutes of activity (chores, walking during breaks, walking up to my third floor apartment, wrangling my kids into clothes) leaves me nauseated and exhausted. I had to go lay down last night after cleaning my living room and clearing off my table. Like those were SUPER easy tasks that left me sick the rest of the night. 

Can we get to 2nd tri now??

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • green_olivegreen_olive member
    edited May 2018
    @MrsHudson2014 I was nothing but exhausted the entire workweek. This weekend I finally have some energy - but can’t do anything with it! The pounding heartbeat really is no joke. 

@sparkymcgeee I feel you! I am putting off all of the tasks. I’ve had all the trash/recycling staged at my door, ready to take out since 5pm last night. And I simply can’t bring myself to make the trip outside — and our apartment building has an elevator! So embarrassing lol. 
  • @luckymay2x Glad you're feeling better. Hope you hear back from your OB and the Zofran helps with the vertigo. 

It seems like fatigue is a big complaint for everyone. I normally don't take naps during the day. But lately I've been fighting the urge to go sleep in my car during lunch at work. Definitely been napping on my days at home. Just very low energy levels right now. 
  • @katethemom The nurse called me yesterday and we talked about my symptoms. She thought it was related to low blood pressure or low blood sugar, and morning sickness can come with vertigo. I was feeling pretty nauseous yesterday, too. The doctor prescribed diclegis and I took the dose last night. I felt SO MUCH better today, I think it's probably too early for the medicine to be making this huge improvement (they said it would take a few days), but whatever it was, I was happy to feel better.

I was sick my first pregnancy from before I turned a test positive to week 27. So let me just laugh a little whenever someone says "this gets better in 2nd tri, right?". Unfortunately, some of us will be sick much longer than 12 or 13 weeks :( 
  • Anyone experience rashes during pregnancy before? I started getting them last week and I have them all over my rib sides and sides of my thighs and it's now on my butt lol. I read about pupps but that seems to be usually only during 3rd trimester. 
  • Anyone experience rashes during pregnancy before? I started getting them last week and I have them all over my rib sides and sides of my thighs and it's now on my butt lol. I read about pupps but that seems to be usually only during 3rd trimester. 
    I know that pregnancy can change the histamine levels in your body. My allergies are worse during pregnancy. As is my asthma. But on the other hand I used to suffer with unbearable hives before I had my daughter. When I got pregnant with her they went away completely. It’s been almost 8 glorious years. Pregnancy just does some weird stuff to you. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • 7+2

My digestive system is A DISASTER. I’m bloated. Constipated. Nauseas here and there. I can definitely tell that my system is running on the slower end and it’s making me feel all sorts of gross. I have IBS that has been controlled since I got KU with DD and I almost feel like it’s kind of back now. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• @luckymay2x Glad the diclegis is helping! Fortunately my MS hasn't been too severe. It's just constant throughout the day, but mostly mild. 

@nottodaysatan I currently am dealing with an itchy, bump-like rash that has kind of spread all over. I was pretty sure it's just poison ivy, but I hadn't considered that it could be pregnany related. If it's still there when I see my OB, I may ask about it. It's annoying, though. I know that much. 

I'm definitely more sensitive to smells right now. I usually am not bothered by much of anything. But I almost lost it yesterday when I had to clean up in our chicken coop. Our broody hen "Flo" decided to drop a load all over the eggs she is sitting on. So that was fun. Not. 
  • sweetyjenjsweetyjenj member
    edited May 2018
    @BitterBetty12 I have IBS-C, doctor initially put me on the FODMAP diet, but I don't follow it strictly. I know which foods are the worst for me and I tend to avoid them (garlic, onion, apples, watermelon, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, wheat spaghetti, mango, milk, frozen yogurt, etc) but last pregnancy I ate app those without problem. Then PP I had a hard time again. There's no way I'll follow a fodmap diet while pregnant, but I've been more bloated and uncomfortable these last few weeks. 

Have you ever tried the FODMAP diet? It IS effective for IBS if you can follow it. 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @sweetjenj I also follow a low FODMAP diet for IBS-C. I have to stick to it during pregnancy too though. Last time I was really craving portabella mushrooms (mushrooms are one of my bad foods) and so I gave in and it did not go well. :( 

I don't really have symptoms yet, I'm just so hungry all the time and can't eat anything good because I'm low carb, low FODMAP, and dairy and soy free (still nursing my MSPI kiddo).
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @sweetyjenj I never have! My IBS-D was not well controlled before DD and I wasn’t doing much to try and control it. But during my pregnancy I felt pretty much regular and it surprisingly didn’t come back after. I just very briefly looked into it and a lot of those foods are triggers for me and also a large part of my diet.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Nausea is back after a 2 day break. I woke up several times last night from nausea. I haven't thrown up yet, let's hope it doesn't start.  Drinking a fruitables juice box before I get out of bed, trying to boost my blood sugar
  • Been dealing with dark brown discharge since Friday as well as occasionally light/medium pink blood. Went in Friday to check my Hcg level because I was getting nervous. Nurse called yesterday and said my hcg was over 9000 and it looked good. Still today having the discharge... W..T...?! Why body, why? Anyone else experience this? I honestly cant recall my pregnancy 4 years ago, but then again I didnt realize I was pregnant until nearly 12 weeks. 
  • This is literally my two year old. Haha! Our poor cat! 
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    Anyone else struggle with anxiety? I had a fear going into this pregnancy about how I would cope, but I feel like each day that goes by is getting worse and worse. I do see a therapist weekly, but am not currently on medication (although it has been brought up) I’m just wondering how many others deal with this as well and what your care plan is during pregnancy? I have two children already but didn’t have this issue with them. Any hope would really help!
    Hey, I know this thread is from last week, but I just wanted to chime in that I also deal with anxiety, and I'm still on Zoloft from last year's PPD/PPA. My OB said it's safe to take Zoloft throughout pregnancy. I would definitely talk to your doctor about medication options if you're struggling.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Thanks so much @kns1988 I am definitely exploring my options at this point!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker