July 2018 Moms

Re: Weekend Randoms 5/19-20

• Loading the player...
  • wildtotwildtot member
    Had a nice brunch with some mamas from my support group. They had some great recommendations for breastfeeding and lactation consultant. I had some me time for 2 hrs! (Yes that a lot for me lol). I get home and i lecture H about having to take medication back to back to get rid of his two week “cold”. No more of this “I’ll take it when i feel like crap” and complain the rest of the time. 
  • @d_marie_23 I hope your DS likes the monster truck event! We took our kids to one recently and neither one of them really liked it lol. Now we know, I guess. 
  • @hillbillywife Thanks! He's, quite literally, OBSESSED with vehicles, especially monster trucks. We took him to Monster Jam in January and he sat pinned to his seat the entire time just screaming "go monster trucks, gooooooooo!" over and over lol. Hoping he loves it every bit as much this time through since we're going with my mom and stepdad, too :) 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • @kissableviv glad it went well :) I remember feeling so overwhelmed by it all after
    once I got it all home. You have time so make sure to relax and unwind :) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I went to the beauty school I normally go to for a prenatal massage. So they just started the massage program in January and than offering prenatal at the end of March. I saw they had a deal to get an hour long for 19 dollars so I definitely decided to go. The girl I had was so sweet but a nervous wreck. I was her first prenatal client and she was terrified of putting me into labor. It was relaxing but I was so so needing someone to get into my knots and work out the tension in my glutes but she wouldn't increase the pressure because it was prenatal. So basically it was good for the price but I definitely left feeling a bit disappointed. 

• I've been binge reading May 2018 birth stories on baby center. So satisfying, and it's also making me so excited to go through it all one more time. I think baby is still head down since that's where I keep feeling her hiccups, and still hoping for a med-free birth this time. It's a little overwhelming to think though that before I get to that point, I may be starting a new job (same employer). So much happening in the next several weeks!

Today was DD's birthday, too. She was so happy and said twice that today was the best day of her life! So sweet! I cried a little in the car on the way to our birthday activity because I can't believe she's already 4 and I miss her being my little baby.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I ALMOST bought a box of Depends when I was at Target yesterday because I dont want to keep getting up every hour (no joke) to pee at night. I couldn't find true justification other than I'm being lazy and am tired of peeing all the damn time...

@wildtot I'm glad you got some me time!! You truly need more of it. Oh man.. your H...man child...sending you hugs on that front.

@paytonpedro have fun!! I was so excited to get diapers and wipes today!! 

@kissableviv girl...I feel like I've been awake for 2 days straight from my baby shower and it was low key!! Its sooooo exhausting!! Rest...then take your time going throw all the gifts again with your H. It was kind of fun to do that tonight with just me and dh. Bonding.

@lindsayleigh1989 I'm glad you got a massage! however bummer that she was too scared to work your knots out. 

@flockofmoosen3 happy birthday to your dd!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• wildtotwildtot member
    @zande2016 hope you can poop! 
    I’ve made the recent mistake to check out the announcements on BC for July 2018. So sad :cry:
  • @wildtot same for June. When I started reading a couple weeks ago I didn't know it was so common for people to post pictures of their very premature babies that did not survive. It was a bit shocking for me. 

@zande2016 I love that your goal is to nag your husband to paint the nursery. I am also cleaning out my son's closet, switching all his clothes to a rack in there and stealing his dresser, and moving the baby stuff to the baby area of our bedroom. The hopefully DH will put his clothes away in the dresser and our floor will finally be clean! woooohoooo!
  • Does anyone else hate Target's line of maternity clothes? I am so low that I'm having trouble finding things to cover my belly, Motherhood Maternity size large seems to work but I just can't justify buying a whole new wardrobe again so I'm just working with what little I have from the end of my last pregnancy. I've bought a few tops from the Ingrid line at Target and they are so wide I look like I'm wearing an actual tent, but even the large doesn't cover my belly completely. Is it July yet?
  • @zande2016 that looks just like my house haha You are not alone! 

There have been a lot of positive birth stories on WTE but I am always so surprised to see them but glad the ones I have seen have been so positive. 

@owl_momma yes!! I find it expensive and I have found a lot of shirts run small in the chest or are super unflattering! Maxi dresses though, amazing! Not the maternity ones just sizing up on the regular ones have been a great option. 

• @owl_momma I actually LOVE the basic t's I got from target and wish I would have bought more! I think its the ingrid line, I'd have to go look, but they are SO SOFT! I haven't bought anything else from there though. I am currently carrying high and straight out so have a similar issue of belly coverage for a different reason!
  • I think it's beautiful that baby center birth announcements include very premature babies and babies that did not survive. I feel like all babies are precious and even those little lives that were not able to continue outside of the womb should be acknowledged and celebrated.

We spent a few hours cherry picking yesterday, it actually felt really good to run around the orchard with DD and DH.

Today I'm a slacker mom, DH took DD to the playground and I'm doing laundry and relaxing right now then going to lunch with a friend.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Y'all. I put DD down for a nap over an hour ago. Not only is she not asleep but I just had to go up there because she took her pillow case off her pillow and had it over her head. Are you kidding me, kid?!? Now she's just shouting "Mommy!" 
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited May 2018
    @runsomewhere I also think its great! Shocking might have been the wrong word. I guess I meant surprising? Due to my own experience I just like to know in advance that's what I am walking into, and the pictures were a lot for me.

@MichelleAG05 OMG do I hear you on the ridiculous things kids do during nap. DS today did not nap, which isn't unusual for him, but he did spend his hour of "quiet' time loudly making that "bleh bleh bleh" noise you make by flicking your tongue back and forth between your lips? I swear he never stopped once!
  • I was caught off guard by the baby center thing, I think it’s great too but just wasn’t expecting it and would have thought they’d have a trigger warning (not that it’s a trigger for me, but obviously is for some people). 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 you just reminded me to go through my maxi dresses! Thank you!
    @SmashJam I'm actually wearing one of the basic t's right now and I love it, but the dress shirts are enourmous and not flattering at all on me. Which stinks because they are so cute
  • wildtotwildtot member
    I won’t spoil it for anyone but omg the last episode of 13 Reasons Why is intense! I stared to leak from all the different feelings. 
  • Some weekends I have all the energy in the world and others I have zero. The rain finally stopped so I took DS outside. I am too tired to push him in his cozy coupe, so he is just honking the horn over and over.
  • Some weekends I have all the energy in the world and others I have zero. The rain finally stopped so I took DS outside. I am too tired to push him in his cozy coupe, so he is just honking the horn over and over.
  • I have zero energy today. We went to a friends house and took the kids to a park and all I could do was sit on the ground and watch everyone play. passed out when we got home and woke up with cramps/Braxton Hicks. Blah. 

After reading like 10 pages of baby center birth stories, it’s really striking to me how many inductions there are, and also interventions for reasons I don’t understand. Granted I wasn’t there and I’m not a doctor, but one story was the woman went into labor on her own and was dilating and they decide to give her pitocon to speed things up. But no other reason. I don’t get that. Or one whose water broke so and there was no fluid left so they did a c section. I’m sure there could be more the story of course. Idk just something I noticed. 
  • @zande2016 I noticed that too! There have been at least as many induction stories that I have read as there have been women who went into labor on their own.

• I'm so with you @zande2016! Maybe because I'm really preparing to go med free I just don't understand unnecessary interventions. Maybe things will go way differently for me...who knows! 

Nesting urges in full force, I did two gross chores today 1-cleaned under the stove and 2-cleaned the freezer. The second one was particularly satisfying. Now I can maybe plan some meals, and I created space for breast milk.

I'm annoyed at the mountain of clothes I got. They are all cute but man I have too many. I want to go through everything I have again and see what I need to exchange/return. But that can wait...

I'll also be returning a couple of things from Amazon, I definitely overestimated how many washcloths I had registered for...
  • @smashjam and even a lot of the women going into labor on their own seem to get Pitocin to speed things up. @kissableviv I am trying for med/intervention free (or low intervention) as well so I’m sure that contributes to me noticing it more. I also watched the business of being born recently, which I know is kind of controversial, but certain scenes keep replaying in my head, like hospital scenes where the nurses are like “okay time to start the pit” over and over and over. 
  • @zande2016 I watched it at 12 weeks lol, definitely controversial but I agree with most things discussed in the documentary and like you I'm trying med free or low interventions keeping doors open because I know things can take a different turn... 
  • @wildtot the last episode of season 1 or season 2? Watching season 2 now. I keep getting really confused because apparently I forgot a lot of things from season 1, or just feel like they’re not explaining some things.

• wildtotwildtot member
    @zande2016 session 2. There are a lot of flashbacks which can make it hard to follow at time because i did forget some stuff too. That’s the problem with waiting a full year for a new season. 
  • Good news - my toddler finally napped after she took the pillow case back off the pillow, put it back on her head, and I yelled at her through the monitor that it wasn't safe and to take it off and lay down. Insert crazy face here.

I watched business of being born before my first and was very anti-induce. We ended up that way because she didn't want to come. I'm at peace if it goes that way again - I had a great experience. We actually just copied my same birth plan to take with us this time (which says no pitocin).
  • @MichelleAG05 there’s definitely times when Pitocin is needed, but at the same time, I do believe it’s overused, at least in America. I may very well end up with it for medical reasons, but my first experience with it wasn’t the best so I am hoping to avoid. If I have to be induced I’ll still try to avoid pitocin, that would be the last step in the induction process if necessary. 
  • I am with you all on the disappointment that pitocin was used in like every birth that wasn't completely med free! I brought it up in a previous thread a while back when we were reading some of the birth stories from earlier this year that were similar. I got pitocin AFTER birth to help contract my uterus, but the doctor only broke my water and nothing else to get things moving and that was intense enough. My goal, for my final birth experience, is to go med free if possible. I want to see if I can do it. Reading about women who have done it is empowering to me. I won't be heartbroken if I can't do it med free because having the baby is more important to me (and an epidural that works is awesome), but I will do my very best to do it the way I hope for.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited May 2018
    The pitocin thing bothers me a lot because it seems like it's used in way more births than it's not used in. Kind of disturbing. I was pumped full of it for 24 hours for my induction and it was fine, I also believe in trusting my doctor over what you read on the internet BUT this cannot be necessary. I would LOVE a med free birth so much this time but I'm trying not to set any expectations.

Last thing about the baby center birth announcement thing because this bothers me a lot.

They have a huge posted announcement in those thread that lays out the rules and explains the post. It states "This announcement thread is to allow parents to share their stories of their birth with our community. Keep in mind that no matter when a baby is born, he or she deserves to be celebrated, introduced, and in some cases, mourned."

I think that should be enough to warn a reader that these may not all be happy endings. The idea that there should be a "trigger warning" really rubs me the wrong way. Like, sorry that your child DIED but reading about it made ME uncomfortable. That's some self centered shit. I'll resist saying more. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I read that TW. That being said,  I definitely TW'd my post on TB in 2016 when I announced the death of my daughter, out of respect for that community...although TB is very different from BC and perhaps I just felt like I owed it to the women I had spent 30 some odd weeks getting to know. 

I didn't expect PICTURES of the babies. Having not experienced a very early labor or a DNC during a late loss,  I did not know that it was possible to spend time with and hold your baby afterwards, and just was surprised by the pictures there, that is all. 
  • I see where you're coming from and I'm sorry if my post sounded like it was calling you self centered, I was referring to the general idea that someone has to post a TW when discussing the passing of their child.  

Those pictures are sad but those pictures and those moments are all that those parents will ever have and while extremely sad, they are as worthy of being seen as the healthy, squishy 40 weeker in a cute swaddle. 

I have a dear friend and a family member who had a baby pass away at 38 weeks and shortly after birth. I cannot imagine telling them whoa I needed a TW before hearing about your loss and seeing pictures of your baby. Of course those stories and images upset me and stay with me especially during pregnancy but I cannot imagine making someone's tragic loss about my feelings.  
    BabyFruit Ticker