July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 5/19-20

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 5/19-20

• Options
    SarafussSarafuss member
    edited May 2018
    @runsomewhere I get what your saying as a person who has not experienced the loss of a child.  And even as someone who has lost a child, I don’t feel the need to have a TW when reading others’ stories but I respect the fact that for some people, seeing those images or reading those stories could bring up painful memories or “trigger” them in some way.  So for someone saying that it just made them uncomfortable or caused them stress as a pregnant person I kind of get what your saying.  But I don’t see the harm in a quick TW before the post.  No one said they shouldn’t share their story.   ETA: and I think TWs really only apply to these type of message boards/online communities.  Of course no one would expect a verbal trigger warning when hearing about a friend or family member’s loss.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I was just saying I would have thought the THREAD would have a TW at the top, not that each post should include one. Obviously I missed the last word of the intro post, which is enough of a warning IMO for anyone who would be triggered. Not that I was criticizing the thread, but was just saying I wasn't expecting it. And I am not talking about someone who has never experienced a loss needing a warning, I was more talking about someone who has lost a baby by stillbirth or preterm birth or infant loss and would be triggered by seeing photos, like @smashjam was saying. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I'm gonna say is that I don't need any of those thoughts in my head right now. Sorry if I sound naive, but after all the stress of the first trimester, then more before the genetic tests and the anatomy scan, I'm really ready to enjoy some stress free weeks as much as possible.