January 2019 Moms

Second Time Mom+ Check in 5.3

2»

Re: Second Time Mom+ Check in 5.3

• @HappilyaMrs2011 I vacillate almost weekly between wanting everything to be picked up and organized and resigning myself to the fact that my house is just in a messy phase :) I tend to rotate toys in and out as S gets bored with them, and he doesn't seem to miss things when they disappear. It helps that his favorite pastime right now is running laps around the house and "falling" (he dives onto the floor and says, "I fall down!"), which doesn't require a lot of materials.

1. I'm almost 6 weeks, and I have one son who will be 2 in a few weeks.

2. No rants or raves specific to being a STM yet. I'm loving summer time with S. One of my favorite things about parenting a toddler is how much more time I spend outside than I used to. I'm grateful that I haven't had any major nausea; I feel for the moms who are chasing kids around while feeling gross.

3. We've talked about being pregnant in front of him but haven't explicitly told him. I think we'll just fold it into conversation more and more as the pregnancy progresses and as he understands more.
  • @annaf2011 haha that’s one of my DS’s favourite games too. He yells Big Jump! And then Bunked Head when he falls. Super cute. Until he actually bunks his head...
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I’m 5 weeks and I have a 5 year old, 3 year old and 2 year old. 

2. I’ve been feeling more exhausted lately which makes it hard to keep up with the kiddos. And trying to figure out what my caffeine limits are because it feels like I haven’t been pregnant in forever. 

3. We told them this morning. We are always super honest with them and I wanted at least the oldest to understand why I have been so tired. We were trying to come up with nicknames for the baby and oldest wants to call it “Baby Wish” which I thought was so sweet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Guys, I went to all the stores today with DD (running away from me every chance she got) to look for a “Big Sister” shirt. Thought it would be a fun way to tell our families we are expecting! I could not find a shirt anywhere...but Old Navy looks like they might come through...fingers crossed...
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt Have you tried Carters/Oshkosh? They usually have shirts that have big sister or big brother on them. (I am assuming there is a Carters in your area that is :)
  • linaboop said:
    1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones?
    I'm 5 weeks + 5 days. I have a daughter who is 6, a daughter who is 4, and a son who is 2. As one relative put it, we're very "consistent". This will be our last baby, so I am trying to savor every second of it!

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How are your LO's doing?
    I'm trying to cram in as much special time with the kids as possible, and trying to take them on adventures. If I get hyperemesis like did with all three previous pregnancies, I am going to be out of commission for a while. The kids don't know yet, so they are trucking along in their own little worlds. The girls keep asking for a new baby.

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to?
    We haven't told them yet, because we aren't ready to tell the rest of the world. ;)  My 6-year-old daughter and 4-year-old daughter have been begging for a baby now that their brother is 2. I am so excited to tell them! For now, I just say "wouldn't that be so wonderful?" I think when we do tell them (hopefully after my 8 week appointment) it will be a casual sit down family conversation. Then I might have them help decide how to tell their grandparents. The eldest will be bursting at the seams with the good news.
    @linaboop My daughter keeps saying she wants a baby brother or sister. All I say is "hopefully soon", and shes like ok! It's so sweet, and I just want to tell her so bad, but want to wait until we know I am in the clear stages.

• @texasmommie I did go to Carter's but they didn't have the right size shirt.  I ended up finding one at Old Navy!

• edited May 2018
    ETA posted in wrong thread
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• @saltedcaramel518 we may see if neighbors can watch her for awhile until my parents (1 hour away) can arrive.  Our next door neighbors are retired and was a school teacher so I would feel comfortable with them watching DD.  We also have some friends that could possibly watch her.  Hoping I don't go into labor during a blizzard. :#
  • I have 2 bio children 7 and 3 and a foster son 5 months. I work part time as a paralegal. So just trying to balance family and work life. We told the kids when we were telling other family members. I didn’t really want to share with them that early due to losses in the past but we needed to help them understand why mommy was so tired all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones?

Just found out so 4 wks :) i have one two yo dd

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How :):) are your LO's doing?
    Just really excited, i wish i could tell the world! 

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to?
    noooo way. She wants a sibling and would tell everyone than mommy has a baby in her belly. 
    Haven’t figured out how, I want to wait until 16-20 weeks but will probably tell her around 10 :p