January 2019 Moms

Second Time Mom+ Check in 5.3

How are you hanging in there second (or more) time moms?!

1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones?

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How are your LO's doing?

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to?

Me: 32 | DH: 33
Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                            BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

Re: Second Time Mom+ Check in 5.3

• emmaaaemmaaa member
    1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones?
    I'm 4+3. I have one DD who is 18 months old.

I mainly am excited for DD to be a big sister because I know she's going to rock it. However, that may take some time because she doesn't like to share my attention (like when I hold other babies or children). She has gotten better so I hope by the time LO is here, she will love the "bebe" as she says. Also, selfishly, I'd love to potty train before LO arrives.

Being that she's 18 months, she doesn't get it lol. I pointed to my belly and told her there was a baby in there but that's about it. We will just keep talking about the baby so she knows.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones? 4 + 6 today! One DD who is 10.5 months old!

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How are your LO's doing? She is doing great but I'm still in disbelief that I am going to hopefully have two under 1.5! I'm a little sad that I am taking away some time with DD before she is really old enough to understand what it means. 

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to? I mean. I could. But she would just babble some jibberish back to me! 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• 1. 4+4 today. DD is 4 and DS just turned 2.

2. They are great, they are such a funny little duo im excited to add to the mix!

3. I won’t say anything until we see the heartbeat. However, my DD has randomly started talking about twins the last few days and its freaking me out a bit! Im older, they run in my family, and I am definitely more sympatic earlier than previous pregnancies. I don’t know where she is getting it from but has said something about our ‘twins’ several times now!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @olivemomma How cool would that be though, if you had twins and your LO predicted it!!
    @BitterBetty12 I think the cool thing about them being close in age is that they will developmental be closer and will like to play with similar things!
    @bradleysmommy28 You will get that exercise without even trying this pregnancy! Haha!
    @emmaaa I started telling my 20 month old that there is a baby in my belly, then he lifted his shirt and said "baby"...hahaha! And regarding potty training...that would sure make things easier for you! I am terrified of the potty training stage though, and I want to wait until DS is SUPER ready and showing every sign of being able to succeed. Plus apparently it takes boys longer to learn that girls. Bleh!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• emmaaaemmaaa member
    @Whitmore1027 When she first started saying "belly" it sounded like "baby" so now I will say, "Where's the baby?" and she points to my belly lol.

I want to potty train but I also don't lol, because lazy. But she's been telling us when she is going to poop and tells us pee or poop after the fact. She also sits on her potty and says pee pee any time I sit on the toilet too lol
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @bradleysmommy28 I’m 5w3d with a 5 year old DS (March 2013!)

1. I am 5w3d and have a 5 year old DS

2. DS is doing great - he still doesn’t get it even though he’s been asking for a baby brother for ever

3. See above
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • bergberg member
    I'm 4 weeks 4 days.  I have one DS.  He turned 10 months yesterday.

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How are your LO's doing?  I'm so absurdly tired this time.  Just so tired.  I can't imagine how tired I'll be in the coming weeks.  DS is awesome.  He's just such a good baby and I'm nervous we're in for it this time.

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to?  I mean I have but he doesn't know what's going on.  He doesn't even know what his belly button is.  
  • 1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones?
    3 weeks 3 days, 2 daughters who are 5 years old and 21 months old. 

I'm cautiously optimistic because it is so early and I have had 2 mc before.  I am excited about DH being around for this pregnancy/first year because he was gone for 7+ months on deployment with DD2. I have not come to the realization that we are going to be outnumbered but i am sure that will hit me at some point. 

Nope. DD1 who is 5 will tell the whole world. I want to have a special announcement for them when I am further along. I think a water gun fight gender reveal would be fun for them. We will see. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones? 
    5+1.  This will be #3.  Brian will be 3 in September and Theia is 9.5 months.  We wanted a #3, but weren't planning them to be this close.   :#

My son has been super aggressive with his sister lately and it's driving husband and I batty! 

NOPE!  My son has incredible communication skills and memory, he will blab to everyone!  I probably tell him when I get some announcement pics in a few months.
  • 1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones? 4+3 and I have 2 other children. 3 year old daughter and 19 month old son.

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How are your LO's doing? Not really at this point yet. Hoping this pregnancy takes after my first which was much easier compared to my second. Kids have no idea yet.

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to? No we haven’t yet. Not sure when we will. Probably after the 8 week ultrasound
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hey mommas! 

1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones? 4+1, My DS is 2 1/2,  (+14 and 18-year-old bonus sons)

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How are your LO's doing? It's killing me that I can't tell anyone about this pregnancy yet. I'm having a lot of anxiety, and worry, and have to keep it inside for now. My LO is sweet, and finally sleeping through the night. But now it's time to wean. 

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to? Not yet. The little one is oblivious, and I won't tell the "bigs" until we are in the safe zone. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

5w, DD is 2 next week

We're potty training and have been for a while. She actually started telling us and going on the potty at 14m. Life happened and we definitely stepped back. She's doing well again if she's naked. She'll go on the potty all day if she's got no bottoms. But with a diaper / underwear on, all bets are off. Any advice how to take it to the next level of training? 
    3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to? I've told her she's going to be a big sister and mommy is going to have a baby. She said "no". I don't think shell understand until I have a big belly. 
  •  1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones?
    4 weeks 5 days. I have a 3 year old DS who is my twin! 

Only rant is that I’m exhausted and I’m ready for school to end. DS is doing great. I feel like a slacker that we haven’t tried potty training but we will train him this summer. 

DS is oblivious even though I mentioned there’s a baby in mommy’s tummy. After my first ultrasound I’ll probably talk about it more but right now he just wants to play with monster trucks lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  4 weeks 4 days, I have a DD who will be 5 on the 30th and a 20 month old DS.
    2. My LOs are doing great, they are very busy and I’m exhausted by the end of the day!
    3. We have not told them yet. My almost 5 year old will for sure not be able to keep it secret. We are thinking of telling our parents on Mother’s Day though so we will probably tell them that morning
    4+1, and I have one other daughter that's 15 months

So far it's been pretty normal, just more tired in the mornings. Thankfully she sleeps through the night, but it'll be hard when we go back to newborn sleep styles. LO is doing great.

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to? Yes, but she doesn't understand at all. We'll see if she understands more once my belly gets bigger, but I'm afraid it'll be a shock when suddenly we leave and bring back a baby.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • babs02babs02 member
    3+5 DS is 2.5, will be 3 in September and DD will be on on Friday 

LO’s are great. Me very tired. DS refuses to nap but luckily DD takes a great afternoon nap so DS and I usually have a lot of quiet time. We are also potty training DS right now so that’s fun.

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to? Well they were there when I told DH, I put DD in a Big Sister shirt. DS knows but doesn’t really care at the moment. I think once I have a real belly it will click in his head. 
  • @babs02 my daughter's bday is Friday too! She will be two
  • 1. 4 weeks 6 days. DD just turned 2 in April.

2. LO up early this morning...worried how she is going to sleep when there’s a baby. Not a great sleeper in general. Planning to potty train in a few weeks. 

3. We have talked about a baby but DD has no idea what’s coming. She does not want a baby to live at our house and calls herself the baby, so we have some work to do.
  • Hi all!!  I’m 6+1 and DS will be 2 next week. I’m so freaking exhausted.  My son is a wild child and my husband has been traveling this week. I also work full time.  If anyone has sleep tips for a 2YO, please send them my way:). Otherwise, excited and cautious at the same time.  I told DS about the baby and he just says “no Baby”. So he’s got a rude awakening coming his way
  • I’m 6 weeks today. DD is 17 months. She is currently getting two molars so life has been rough lately. I talk to her about a baby and being a big sister but she doesn’t understand yet. @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt I will have to be more conscious of calling her a big girl instead of a baby so we don’t face the same dilemma! I call her my baby girl all the time...
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Guys, I went to all the stores today with DD (running away from me every chance she got) to look for a “Big Sister” shirt. Thought it would be a fun way to tell our families we are expecting! I could not find a shirt anywhere...but Old Navy looks like they might come through...fingers crossed...
  • I'm 6+3 and DS is going to be 20 months soon. He is at such a fun age right now and life is pretty easy he sleeps 12 to 13 hours every night and still takes a nap during the day...im actually really nervous at times thinking about adding a new baby to the mix. We haven't really talked to him about there being a baby in My tummy yet as he repeats alot of words we say and we haven't told our families yet. I think we are telling them on mother's day. Even though it's early pregnancy is kind of hard to hide in the summer with parties and get togethers. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • babs02babs02 member
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt I got ours at Target. I looked online and the one closest to me doesn’t carry them but I found one close that had them!
  • 1. 5 weeks 1 day. We have one little guy. He’s going to be four in a few weeks.

2. He’s both awesome and absolutely exhausting. We have lots of battles. But he’s also adorable and hilarious. I’m hopong four is easier than the end of three has been.

3.  **TW**

we haven't told him yet. We had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks in December. We told him at 6 weeks and then had to tell him what happened. He was very sad and still asks when another baby will be in my tummy and where the baby went. It was really hard on me so we’re waiting until at least 12 weeks this time if we can help it. He’s going to be so excited when he finds out. He loves babies. He’ll say to random mom’s “oh I like your baby!”  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @drabong88 I totally relate to that! My son is 20.5 months and he’s an awesome sleeper, napper, traveler, eater... thinking about flipping this comfortable routine upside down is a bit crazy at times! and I have a feeling we are in for it with this babe! DS slept through the night (10 hours in a row) by 7 weeks old, so pretty sure we’re getting some serious payback this time. 
  • @melly-melly DD has been a pretty good and easy baby too, so DH kept asking me if I really wanted to roll the dice with another one. Fingers crossed we can get the new baby on a good routine as quickly as we got DD on one!
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • @jandd2014 totally! My in-laws don’t know we’re expecting and when we were at their house tonight they were joking by about how we’ll never have another kid this easygoing. DH looked stressed! Lol
  • @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt If Old Navy doesn’t work I got DS’s off Amazon. They had about eleventy billion to choose from :smiley:
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
    I'm either 6 or 7 weeks depending on the app lol... My fiance has a 13 year old daughter that I've been in her life for nearly 6 years now. And we have an almost 4 year old little boy together. 
    Just super tired of throwing up. I have zero energy to do anything else and I'm super OCD. My house is getting gross,  which makes me more nauseous lol. 13 year old is excited that school is almost out (this is her last week) but not me lol because that means she will be here more and will totally notice my vomit fests. My SO isn't wanting to tell yet. . my 3 year old is doing good. He's probably wanting to get out more , but he's been super sweet and rubbing my back when I'm sick and telling me I shouldn't eat so much candy (which makes me laugh because I haven't eaten any)
    No. I'm wanting to because I don't like lying to them .I know they will be excited. . I've MC before though (although I didn't have MS with that... And I've had it bad with my son and now with this pregnancy). I guess it depends on if I can keep them from finding out. We are going on a beach trip when I'll be about 10-11 weeks...I'd love to tell them at the beach .... But I'm supposed to go CAMPING for the fist time ever this weekend. ... in the rain. In a tent. I may die you guys. So it will most likely come out then so they don't think I'm the biggest wuss (more so my mother in law and her mom lol)
  • Hi! I'm new here, this is my first post after my intro ☺. 

3w4d - 
    I habe one daughter, she was born Feb15, so she is 3. I nearly died giving birth from hemmorhage and uterine inversion, so it has beem a long road for me to be mentally ready for kid 2. I always wanted 2, but I had PTSD after the delivery (literally, I was diagnosed) and fir a while it didnt look like I was going to have another. That's a whole long story by itself.

Nothing yet. I am glad DD is potty trained because I could not handle the poppy diaper smells right now. 

We have not told her yet, but we asked her back in Jan if she wanted a little sibling and she said she did. Trying for 2 was a family decision, as much as a toddler can be involved in that decision. We will probably wait to tell her until after the 12 wk scan. She has a big mouth (lol) and would spill the news before we are ready for people to know.
  • 1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones? 3 weeks & 6 days. I have one DD who turns 2 in July! 

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How are your LO's doing? Not yet but I’m pretty sure people will make comments like how they hope this one is a boy bc we need one of each (*insert eye roll here*). My LO is obsessed with taking care of her baby dolls and stares at random babies when we’re out in public so while she may be a bit too young to understand what’s going on, I think she’ll be so excited when new baby comes (or at least I hope, lol)!

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to? We told her that she will be a big sister but being the 22 month old that she is really could not care less what that meant
  • (Btw I just got owned by the app- had other things to my last response but I guess it wasn’t good enough to make the cut) 
  • @paranoidpreggolo2 When I go camping I bring an air mattress. I just can't sleep on the hard ground anymore (especially if I can't have a drink to help me fall asleep). 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones? 4 weeks 6 days, according to my LMP. I have one DS, who is 2 1/2 years old. 

2. Any STM related rants or raves? How are your LO's doing? Not really. We tried for so long to get pregnant that we are just over the moon to be pregnant. DS is from my late husband, who passed away during open heart surgery. I'm happy that he's not going to be an only child. 

3. Have you told your little ones yet? If not, when/how do you plan to? I have told him there's a baby in my belly. I'm not sure how much he understands, though.
  • pttomatopttomato member
    edited May 2018
    4 weeks. I have a daughter who will be 2 in August.

I really really hope this one is a better sleeper than DD. I don’t know what I’ll do with two high energy, strong-willed kids.

I’ve mentioned it and she didn’t respond. It’s hard to tell what she understands. I’ll think she doesn’t get something and then she’ll spontaneously bring it up later.

Eta:
    Looks like she at least sort of gets it. I was telling her not to jump on my stomach and she responded “Baby in the tummy.”
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    I'm 5 weeks + 5 days. I have a daughter who is 6, a daughter who is 4, and a son who is 2. As one relative put it, we're very "consistent". This will be our last baby, so I am trying to savor every second of it!

I'm trying to cram in as much special time with the kids as possible, and trying to take them on adventures. If I get hyperemesis like did with all three previous pregnancies, I am going to be out of commission for a while. The kids don't know yet, so they are trucking along in their own little worlds. The girls keep asking for a new baby.

We haven't told them yet, because we aren't ready to tell the rest of the world. ;)  My 6-year-old daughter and 4-year-old daughter have been begging for a baby now that their brother is 2. I am so excited to tell them! For now, I just say "wouldn't that be so wonderful?" I think when we do tell them (hopefully after my 8 week appointment) it will be a casual sit down family conversation. Then I might have them help decide how to tell their grandparents. The eldest will be bursting at the seams with the good news.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1.  I am 5w2d and have 1 DS who turned 5 in December.

2. I never thought how hard it would be getting through the 1st tri with a high energy 5 yr old.  I am constantly exhausted by the time he goes to bed at 8pm and I noticed I have a much shorter fuse with our  morning routine!  DS has been asking for a baby brother or sister for 2 years so I can't wait to see how he reacts.  We actually got him a puppy right before his 4th birthday to buy us some time :)

3. We haven't told him yet - he is super smart and understands things a little too much so we don't want to tell him until we have an actual "picture" to show him.  And he can't keep secrets AT ALL so we can't tell him until we're prepared for the world to know!!

My lo is 5 to and I am in the same boat. She is exhausting. All that energy! I can’t wait to tell her but I can’t because she will tell EVERYONE! 
  • 1. How far along are you and how many other kids do you have? How old are your other little ones? 6 weeks 4 days and I have a 5 1/2 year old daughter 

My LO is so messy. I am about to go deep clean and organize her room and I wish there was a system for organizing that seemed to work. Nothing works with her, she just dumps everything out when she wants to play. If you have any great organizational tips for toys I am all ears! 

We have not told her yet. She will want to tell everyone so we will wait till we want everyone to know. She has been asking for so long and it is so hard not sharing with her because she will be so happy. I am planning to buy her a big sister book and shirt. But not sure exactly how we will tell her.