Randoms Week of 5/7

*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: Randoms Week of 5/7

• Loading the player...
  • Sweet score! And it's nice to meet someone who knows what planograms are :smiley: I use to make them in my last job.
  • @prpl11butterfly Literally my favorite thing to do at the store. Looove changing up planograms, pricing and all that stuff I can do to make things look nice! Glad to know you knew what it was!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Hey guys :) 

I randomly am peeved at the moment regarding our HS graduation procedures. They want the whole faculty to wear hoods, even if you didn't get a Masters, to graduation. They literally have a closet of hoods that people have donated, so that people can borrow them in various colors for graduation. So, they want you to wear a hood of a school you didn't go to and pretend you have a masters for the purpose of graduation for the seniors. Really? Wtaf.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • @oaklandava that is so bizarre. Does the administration not realize that the hoods signify a specific achievement and that by wearing them, some of the faculty are misrepresenting themselves? I’d opt out. It is ethically questionable for sure and poor judgement. 
  • @spottedginger
    RIGHT?! I am so peeved by it. I mean, my husband and I both have a Masters so some people think my comment is pretentious. But, it's not. Also, we can't find one of our hoods since our move and they are like you can borrow one from us. Neither I nor my husband are going to wear a hood that does not signify our specific degree AND our specific University. Not happening.

BabyGaga
  • Yea, that seems really wrong. It does not seem pretentious to me that you would say that. You worked really hard and earned that masters. That shouldn't be belittled because it will "look good" for everyone to have them.
  • @oaklandava - that's just wrong. I used to work at a medical school and you would only wear the gown/hood of the school you went to. Some people on staff helping with graduation would wear the bachelor's gown/colors and that was totally fine. That's a badge of honor and it represented all your hard work and achievement. It's totally not pretentious, it's wanting to adequately represent yourself. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • The more I think about this is worse it gets. While I don’t think it is nearly as bad as civilians/ non-veterans who wear military garb to get special treatment without service, it is a similar concept in taking credit for someone else’s service/ sacrifice/ commitment/ work. 
  • @catlady2015 You're totally right. I know. It's infuriating to both myself and my husband! 
    @spottedginger EXACTLY! What the actual hell!

BabyGaga
  • CraftyGCraftyG member
    edited May 2018
    @galactickates oh that sounds like such a lovely evening, sounds like the gardens going to look beautiful when it’s all finished!

As for me I’ve got another weekend by myself if anyone’s got any movies/ series to recommend? I’m in a reality trash/ anything that’ll make me bawl like a baby mood. Last time I watched the first series of the handsmaids tale and it was absolutely amazing, I fully recommend!

**Edited because spelling is hard
  • @CraftyG thanks! It's coming along great! 
    Season 2 of the handmaid's tale just came out.  There are 4 episodes so far!

We've been watching Billions. So good! It won't make you cry but it's a good show
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    @galactickates I'm so jelly right now. Please tell me you have a teleportation device to beam me up to that pond!
    Billions is a wonderful show. We've been watching since it started though we are behind a few episodes right now because my husband is taking forrrrrrrrrrrrrever to decide when we will catch up. Ugh. We have a strict rule about show cheating. 

Ladies, someone posted this on the IF boards

https://youtu.be/EShUeudtaFg
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @galactickates That is so beautiful! Will you please share how you did that? I know that black stuff, I don't know what it's called, but we used the same stuff to line our sidewalk dirt areas to put black mulch in it and then planted desert plants, but how did you get it to wave like that? Also, how did you get it to divide and how deep did you dig?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• edited May 2018
    @galactickates love the pond!! Super pretty :)

@doxiemoxie212 I am pleased to report I was able to fall back asleep by about 2:15 and if I had any more dreams I don't recall them. I hope you were able to get SOME rest! 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @galactickates That is awesome! Really great job setting that up. It looks like a really peaceful spot to hung out around during the summer. Jealous. 
    @doxiemoxie212 @lurvleybunchococonuts Sorry you ladies had bad nights sleep. (hugs) I hate it when that happens and all you can think about is that awful dream. Enjoy your pedicure and both get some rest!

Did anyone else see that post in the 1st Tri board? I have so many questions!! 
  • edited May 2018
    @nitnat007 1st tri is an odd odd place of driveby's and repeated questions. I always have questions there lol

Eta: actually all trimester boards are odd

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited May 2018
    @suzycupcake I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.  Are you talking about the molds? You just buy them pre made at home depot or Lowe's and dig until they fit in the ground.
    Example of what we used on the top.  You can buy them super cheap at Lowe's 

ETA - pinterest and YouTube have lots of tutorials. When we were looking for ideas we googled
    DiY Back yard waterfalls, DIY back yard ponds. 
  • @lovesclimbing The Lukas and Aemelia one. That was one elaborate story though, just not sure she did the homework on the math. Not to say that it is not possible. 
    Why wait when you can leave your destiny in the hands of complete strangers that have zero qualifications to back it up with. Sounds like way more fun. (sarcasm overload). 
  • @CraftyG what is this show you are watching?! 
    I have serious FOMO right now.  I'm such a sucker for stuff like that
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    @galactickates Ohhhhh I thought you were using landscape edging and making it wavy through the soil, which would be a crap ton more work. Thank you for linking me to those. I didn't know I could buy that! Ordering some now for our yard. What did you use to get the waterfall effect?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• CraftyGCraftyG member
    @galactickates it’s called Rich house Poor house on our channel 5, it’s amazing with a glass of wine. I remember one episode where a little boy from the poor family couldn’t play football because he needed new shoes so the dad bought him a new pair and he literally went to sleep cuddling and crying his new shoes because he was so happy he could play with his friends 
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited May 2018
    We used those . We made a burm with dirt and placed what I sent you in combination with flag stone to make the waterfall. They have waterfall molds available. We did it the hard way.  You will have to get a pond mold for the water to pool in at the bottom and get a pump.  My H is loyal to the little giant brand.  It comes with a hose. Which you hide with rock/ dirt/ plants whatever and it should just circulate. 
  • Thank you so much!

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @CraftyG That show sounds amazing! I would love to watch it, but I'm not sure it's available in the US. Boo! :( Please keep telling us about these wonderful episodes you're watching! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @craftyG That show sounds amazing!