Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

**Newbie Intro Thread w/o 4/30**

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
DS:  March 2014
DD: May 2015
BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: **Newbie Intro Thread w/o 4/30**

• Options
    Doing another intro because I was minimally active here a while ago and now I'm back. 

Ages (you and SO): 
    Me: 32, DH: 39

How many months have you been TTC? 6-ish I think

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Currently on hold waiting for my cycle to return TW Loss* I just a MMC at 7 weeks and a d&c last week. We're ready to start trying as soon as I get my first period again.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Running, disc golf, baking, sewing, TW Child** DD is 18 months so pretty much all of my time is spent hanging out with her. She's the sweetest, funniest child. 

• Options
    Oh no, @brookepdavis. I'm so so sorry to see you back here. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    snarklessnarkles member
    edited April 2018
    Edited to Add:

TW: TFAS

Ages (you and SO): 
    Me: 31 DH: 32

How many months have you been TTC? We are TFAS starting in 2019.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? I am currently in the process of getting into a healthier lifestyle. I want to get more involved in my yoga practice and eating better. I have close to 75 lbs to lose before I'll be considered "safe" for a VBAC. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have a daughter. I am a high school English teacher in a low-income (Title I) school. The majority of my students are non-native English speakers and qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch. I believe our school is 60% Spanish-speakers.  I am a singer, crocheter, and reader. I have been teaching for almost 10 years, which seems crazy to me! I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago, but I'm hopeful that we won't have as many issues with trying for another baby. 

• Options
    @brookepdavis so sorry for your loss!  <3

@snarkles good luck to you! 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Options
    @general_organa - Thanks! You too! 

@brookepdavis - So sorry for your loss! 
  • Options
    @general_organa I feel you on having no chill. If I do something, why waste my time doing it halfway? 

@snarkles Welcome! I keep telling myself that I will get into yoga; I need some low impact exercise in my life. 

@brookepdavis Im sorry to see you back here. I hope your stay is quick. 
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO): 31 and DH is 32

How many months have you been TTC? Benched (back problems)

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I was on this board summer of 2015. I have found from lurking that I have forgotten quite a bit. I am looking forward to relearning some old info and learning some new stuff from you. So by the time DH and I are ready to TTC I'll be more prepared. 

I have 2 y/o son. I love Disney (especially the parks), traveling, and corgis. I'm using my time being benched as a chance to get my body into shape (in addition to my back) so I'm into healthy recipes and fitness. 
  • Options
    hunybunhunybun member
    Ages (you and SO): I'm 40, boyfriend is 43

How many months have you been TTC? 2 months so far

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Trying to have sex as much as possible around the right time...we love this part :-)

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have 3 kids before my current boyfriend, a boy 22, a girl 15, and another girl 3.  I am divorced, he is divorced with 2 adult children. We did not get together planning to have a baby, which is starting over for both of us. After talking one night we both just want that and just started to try 2 months ago. Before we were trying, I was on birth control. The only issue is that we live 5 hours apart from each other, he plans to move up where I am as soon as he can. If we get pregnant anytime soon then he will move in with me sooner. Well, he works in a mine, I work in HR for the Feds. I have one dog, shepherd mix who is 13 years old. I'm an artist, love to cook and bake. I love my kids and doing family stuff with them. I live in the front range of the northeast rocky mountains and love to explore, camping and hiking, or just a good trail.  So, here's to being hopefully pregnant soon and it's nice to share my journey with all of you. 

• Options
    Ages (you and SO): I am 35 and DH is 37

How many months have you been TTC? Last month we were NTNP but this is the first month we are TTC

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? We used an OPK this month. We are in our 2WW currently

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am a teacher and DH is a banker. We have two children, ages 10 and 7. DH and I have been together for 18 years, and married almost 11. DS was our honeymoon souvenir (as I so lovingly call him!) and we didn't have TTTC with my DD, but we were much younger back then, so we aren't sure how age is going to affect us this time.

I am excited to be back on the boards!

• Options
    TW: TFAS

Ages (you and SO): 
    Me: 31 DH: 33

How many months have you been TTC? Month 1 TFAS

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Currently: have all the sex, lol. My cycles have just started to normalize after having my implant out. Probably start OPKs if we don't get lucky this month. I was shit at temping with DD but i might try again.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Almost 4 year old DD, she's like the energizer bunny on meth. Love to read, cook and bake. Just found out we have a nature preserve close by and started taking walks through it. DH loves disc golf, his electric skateboard and Pokemon Go. lol. 

Question: is is proper to hid your siggy? That is definitely new since the last time i was on this board. Also i saw a mention of an exodus in 2015. That was right about the time i stopped posting here, can somebody give me the cliff notes version of what went down? This place seems a little slower then i remember so i guessing that is the reason.

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @that b aint for Betty First if all, I would recommend removing the spaces from your username as we can’t tag you as it is.  
    As for the siggy in spoiler, some people do it because it’s a bit long others because they have a TW in them from a loss.  It’s not a necessity just a personal choice.  
    Finally the current state of the board I think is more from the TTCAL and IF threads being busier and many people move on quickly.  When I joined the board in Aug 16, it was pretty busy even into 2017 but then started to slow down and has been slower ever since

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    PensiveCrayonPensiveCrayon member
    edited May 2018
    ***DIRTY LURKER***DIRTY LURKER***DIRTY LURKER***

@that b aint for betty I think this flowchart should explain fairly well why it's gotten so slow around here.

(Edited to remove three extra asterisks)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @lulu1180 i tried but i don't think i can change it, unless i'm totally doing it wrong. It's a hella old back up account from 2010 cause i can't figure out what email i had my original acct on. The whole website looks so different (and i don't think for the better, but at least it's less pastel, lol).

@PensiveCrayon It did look like a lot less new/drive by threads so that makes sense. I also don't remember it being as organized with the TWW/WTO/chart stalk threads either so that would contribute to it too. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @lulu1180 i tried but i don't think i can change it, unless i'm totally doing it wrong. It's a hella old back up account from 2010 cause i can't figure out what email i had my original acct on. The whole website looks so different (and i don't think for the better, but at least it's less pastel, lol).
    You have to go on the knot to change your name and then come back to TB, sign out then sign back in again for the change to show.  I don't know why they make it so difficult!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    Venessa88Venessa88 member
    edited May 2018
    TW TFAS

Ages (you and SO): 
    I am 29 and DH is 32

How many months have you been TTC? TW loss: cycle 2 post M/C

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? bbt, opk, having all the sex.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I was on here a lot when I was TTC my daughter and joined S15 when I got my bfp.  Everything and the exodus happened around that time and I ended up following a huge portion of my bmb elsewhere at the time. Now that we are TFAS I have been lurking a lot and decided that I was ready to jump back in.  I am from Atlantic Canada and work in insurance. Fair warning I am French and sometimes my grammar sucks (please forgive me ;) ).  I love music more specifically live music, reading, the outdoors and lots of other things. 

I am looking forward to getting to know you guys and having some fun! 

• Options
    AliMagsAliMags member
    Ages (you and SO): 36 &35

How many months have you been TTC? 6-ish

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? OPKs, BD

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have a 3 year old girl, an 11 year old Havanese (dog) and I'm the head of HR for an ad agency. I also have PCOS

• Options
    Ages (you and SO): 34 and 32

How many months have you been TTC? 6-ish

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? OPKs, but going to start temping in this next cycle

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have a 5 year old from my first marriage, so this is "our" first...though my SO is as much as a father to DS as his biodad (he's been in his life since he was 2). I am a teacher, a nerd, and a plus-sized mom. 

• Options
    lulu1180 said:
    You have to go on the knot to change your name and then come back to TB, sign out then sign back in again for the change to show.  I don't know why they make it so difficult!
    Hallelujah i fixed it, that is rather more difficult then it needs to be.

@lulu1180 Thank you!! 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes