September 2018 Moms

Questions and Symptoms 5/1

How are we feeling? Any questions?

Re: Questions and Symptoms 5/1

• adiratadirat member
    Hey all! I have a question for STM+. At my A/S, they found that I have a partial/marginal anterior placenta previa. My OB told me there's a good chance that it will resolve on its own as my uterus grows and the placenta gets pushed up, and she'll check again at 28 weeks. If it doesn't resolve, I would probably be looking at pelvic rest plus a travel restriction starting 29 weeks, and an almost certain c-section. Not great :( Did anyone have placenta previa in a previous pregnancy? Is there anything I can do other than wait and see? Even kind of goofy stuff would be appreciated -- for instance, my OB told me to reduce any exercise that has a lot of jumping so that gravity doesn't push it down further...

• Loading the player...
  • JLyn821JLyn821 member
    @adirat While I didn’t have placenta previa with my previous two pregnancies, I had one at my NT Scan this time. At my a/s last week, my placenta is now so far away from my cervix, it’s almost opposite where it had been. There’s still time!
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Not exactly personal, but a friend of mine had conplete previa at anatomy scan and it was more than 3 cm away be 32 weeka, so she had no problem with avoiding the section. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • stothistothi member
    Random thing that I don't know if it's pregnancy related or not- I keep getting like irrated taste buds? Sore spots on the sides of my tongue. I can't really see anything, but it feels like when you burn your tongue. Anyone? Anyone? Just me?
  • @stothi I have had these.. Orajel makes a mouth rinse and when the sores arise, I swish my mouth out a couple times of day with it. Helps take the pain away and heal faster. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @stothi That's crazy you mention that! I noticed soreness on my tongue and i figured maybe i accidentally bit it while eating. Just randomly showed up yesterday.

Today i have swollen feet. Yesterday i overexerted myself with lots of walking. Today I had to wear sandals to work because they're the only thing that fits. I really want those furry moccasins shoes but now the temps are going up and they might be too much. 

Any suggestions on comfy shoes?
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @srachilagani I really liked the sketchers go walk shoes, they come in black and are discreet enough to wear with a lot of stuff. I'm actually planning on buying a new pair soon.
  • adiratadirat member
    @magnolia209 sorry to hear you are in the same boat, but it does make me happy to hear we got the same info and plan for moving forward! Finger crossed they both move. 

How exciting to feel baby move! Yay!

• Has anyone else had short pains under your breasts, above your stomach? It just started today and comes and goes for just a moment at a time. It sometimes alternates with pains around my pelvis. I'm kind of thinking it might just be growing pains but it's caught me off guard.
  • JLyn821JLyn821 member
    @stothi I’ve got the tongue thing happening right now! I thought it was because I’ve been eating more tomatoes and acidic fruit. I get them randomly anyway based on what I’m eating so I don’t remember if I dealt with it more with my other kids. 
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • @stothi, to answer  and @JLyn821, in agreement. I've had it with my kids.  For me, it's specifically related to raw (not cooked) tomatoes, pineapples and other such things.   If I stop eating whatever is causing it, then the pain stops quite quickly.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Has anyone else had short pains under your breasts, above your stomach? It just started today and comes and goes for just a moment at a time. It sometimes alternates with pains around my pelvis. I'm kind of thinking it might just be growing pains but it's caught me off guard.

Well I carry large, both high and low, so I do have pain underneath my breasts, but it's also on my belly. Pretty sharp, and I've had it with both babies. Midwifes guess that it's some separation of muscles and skin from the ribs area as I grow. Could be the same?
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runninginva I had pain under my breasts last time.

@adirat I had some bleeding a little earlier in my pregnancy with DD which was due to early placenta previa. My OB told me it’s very likely to move and they would just check again. You still have plenty of time. Fx that it’s resolved at your next scan.
  • jumpy57jumpy57 member
    My ribs are so sore this morning! I feel like all baby must have done last  night is push on them somehow. And it's just the bottom, like it flared out
  • So I have been feeling baby since 14 weeks, and by 15 weeks it was everyday, several times per day that I could feel them. Around 19 weeks, maybe 20, I stopped feeling baby. I wasn't worried because I had an ultrasound and another appointment with heart beat, so no real concerns.

Last night I just finally started feeling little pushes again, at 21+4. I had a super low anterior placenta at scan.

I'm trying to think positive, maybe placenta was directly over cervix for a while and that's why I actually did feel baby early on, and maybe now the placenta is starting to move upwards and that's why I stopped feeling baby, because now it's more in the way? And maybe I'm starting to feel again because baby is getting bigger and stronger?

Anyone been here? Have thoughts? Do I sound crazy or plausible?
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jumpy57jumpy57 member
    @pourmeamocktail I think your explanation makes sense. I would still ask you doctor at the next appointment. It must be such a relief to feel movement again though!
  • adiratadirat member
    @pourmeamocktail I think that sounds reasonable. Now the placenta is between baby and you.

• DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen member
    edited May 2018
    @pourmeamocktail - That would make a lot of sense to me.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I sneezed without warning yesterday, while sitting at my desk with my chair pulled in, so I couldn't really lean over, and holy sh*t was it painful, the muscles on my abdomen, kinda lower half on both sides of the bump. It was fine within a few minutes. 
  • @stothi - Omg, I had that happen SO often with my first pregnancy! It seemed to be after I ate any sort of fruit. It was as if I developed a mild fruit allergy while pregnant or something. I've noticed it a couple of times this pregnancy too.

Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• @adirat you might look into spinning babies techniques? I know it's usually used later for baby positioning, but it might help and I don't think it would hurt  :)

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• stothistothi member
    @treeofcheem I was wondering the same thing! Why can't I just feel buddy kicking the back of my uterus? Why isn't that a thing?
  • stothistothi member
    @DanyTargaryen that's a good theory. Now I'm wondering how much sensation a uterus even has?
  • @stothi you can get some skin allergies to fruits if you have hayfever. I get it if I eat melon I get a very sore and itchy mouth. Basically your body it's reacting to the same proteins in the fruit that are in the pollen you react to. Allergies to different pollens cause reactions to different fruit and veg. The good thing is that it's seasonal like hayfever. I'm not suggesting that this deffinatly is the cause of your problem but just noting that it has coincided with the start of hayfever season.
  • stothistothi member
    @cornichonmam I'm allergic to many foods and pollens and animals, so I'd totally believe it! 
  • nackienackie member
    @nlc8424 my appetite is less too. I think as there’s less room for our stomachs there’s less room to hold all that extra food. 
  • Has anyone had vertigo while they were pregnant? I started getting dizzy spells today and the nurse said it is vertigo. No way to treat it except do some Eply stretches. Any advice on this?
  • stothistothi member
    edited May 2018
    @franklynns not vertigo exactly but I definitely get kinda light headed kinda dizzy spells. Unfortunately the best advice I have is move slow, sit down a lot and make sure you are drinking enough water.
    Eta: I don't know how much my advice helps with actual vertigo though .
  • adiratadirat member
    @franklynns I agree with @stothi. Other advice I've read is to wear loose clothing so you don't get constricted and eat regularly if it is possibly related to blood sugar issues.