November 2018 Moms

It's a Boy/Girl!

Re: It's a Boy/Girl!

• @troystory17 they called me back and apparently they wasn’t I did. They said what I did just scans for risks and if I come back with a number that shows risk they would do the more hardcore one that can determine gender. So I guess I’ll be waiting until 17 weeks when they offer the early reveal. I already have two boys, my whole family is boys other than me, my husbands whole family is boys. AND all of the siblings on both sides all have boys. I am pretty much feel it in my bones that it’s a boy lol lol 
    nws
  • @ashkee05 Aww, I know how you feel--my husband and I both have one brother, and we have all boys in the family.

Hubby and I definitely want to find out.  I just had my blood drawn for several tests including genetic testing (+gender) and was told we would have results within 1-2 weeks!  :)
          Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

• Loading the player...
  • @ashkee05 you never know! Last time I was convinced I was having a boy I felt identical to my first pregnancy but lo and behold we had a little girl.
  • Team green. 
     I think.  It's our last and 4th.  Team green first 2 but the tech messed up with 2nd and I swear I saw a little Peter.  Turned out I was either right or lucky. It was a boy!
     Found out for 3rd for something new kinda think it'd  be fun to end on team green but I feel kinda grumpy and enthused  about it right now for some reason, but....I haven't had an appt at all so no doppler, no ultrasound.  It all feels a little surreal.  I want to see/hear my baby!
  • Are you guys all finding out at the first tri ultrasound?  Or did you have blood work to let you know?  I'm trying to think with my previous ones when we found out via ultrasound, and I don't think it was until closer to 20 weeks that they could tell--but maybe it was the first tri scan and i'm just forgetting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @erinmarie86 They are finding out from early genetic testing. I did not have that done so 20 weeks is when I can find out.

• serabjornserabjorn member
    edited May 2018
    I had blood work drawn for genetic testing last Wednesday morning after my doctor's appointment.  I have a couple of questions:
    1. For those of you who already had this test, how long did it take for you to get your results?
    2. I have read that the fetal sex determination component of the test may be slightly less accurate than the other genetic components due to the design of the test, as it looks for the existence of the Y-chromosome, and that sometimes a recent pregnancy (birth, miscarriage, or vanishing twin) can leave traces of the Y-chromosome in the mother's bloodstream if that previous baby was a boy.  Has anyone heard any more about this?
    Regardless, I am very excited to get my results back!  Thank you in advance!

(If this is not an appropriate place to post this, please let me know!  Thank you!)

• @serabjorn - this time I had my blood drawn Friday and got the results the following Friday. I think it can depend on the brand, but I was told 5-7 business days was normal but up to 10 should be expected. I am posting a link with the info for the test I took. Page 4 shows the accuracy rates for each component of the test including gender 

https://www.labcorp.com/tests/related-documents/L13272

As you can see, it’s still pretty darn accurate. I’m not sure there would be much data on women who had a boy, then a girl, and had NIPT with second pregnancy but maybe? These tests are still pretty new. 

• @blue2mango thanks! that's what i thought, but so many people were getting results (what seemed to be around 11-12 weeks)...i'll be waiting until 15 or 20 weeks...I have an appointment with my doc at just past 15 weeks, and I know even she is hoping to find out gender then! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lifesabeach85 Thank you so much!  Unfortunately the link did not work for me (most of the characters are replaced with "�").  What was the exact name of your test?  Maybe I can find it in the corresponding Test Menu: https://www.labcorp.com/test-menu/search.  Thanks!

• mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited May 2018
    @serabjorn - I had my NIPT drawn on Wednesday and got a call the next Thursday with results. I'm not sure about the sex since we aren't finding out. I know it was correct with DS when we had it done with him. 

eta: it was maternit21
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• vrj0522vrj0522 member
    @serabjorn - I had maternit21 this time and I had my blood drawn on Monday and got results the following Monday. When Ii had the panorama done previously I had to wait the full 2 weeks for results. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @ultravioleta24 how did they determine that at an NT scan? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ultravioleta24 wow, my tech couldn't give a definite at my NT scan. Based on her years as a tech though she says high probability it's a girl. Finding out for sure on Mother's Day.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @ginny_203 how exciting! @lurvleybunchococonuts I could see my husband having the same reaction as yours. Cannot wait for 20w to get a peak at our little one to find out!
  • @ginny_203 how long ago did you do your blood test? I am not sure if I get a sneak peak before the results but I am dying to know at this point!
  • @bfpafter4years I sent the Sneak Peek test kit in on Wednesday and had the results on Saturday! 
  • @ginny_203 oh that must be something different then! I did the bloodwork for the NIPT last Monday but they didn't say anything about that.
  • @bfpafter4years ah yes - the Sneak Peek is a different test that you do yourself at home. It's ordered online, not through your doctors office :) For those of us who are impatient! https://sneakpeektest.com/
  • i keep on bouncing between team green and finding out. i have three boys, and i am getting the nipt done in 2 days. i am prob going to find out, but i have a feeling this is a girl. i want to wait it out, but husband is the most impatient 
  • eahayeseahayes member
    @alweldon86 same!! Hubby wants to wait until the anatomy scan.. it’s all I can do to not call our clinic!
  • I’m very impressed with the team green members! I really really wanted to do it this time around but am getting ZERO support for that
    BabyFetus Ticker