December 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms - Week of 4.16

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 4.16

• @PensiveCrayon hope you feel better soon!
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• bmill1990 said:
    Oh yeah, I'm only 5wks and 6days but my pants already to tight. No shame in my maternity pant game! Haha 
    My son is 2 and I never stopped wearing maternity pants to work lol. I did get real jeans though, so I'll have to get some new maternity ones!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • Does anyone know how to search just this board?  I tried to search for coffee because I couldn't remember which thread people had been talking about it on (I had my first cup of coffee this morning since finding out I was pregnant and it was GLORIOUS), but when I went to search for coffee on the right search bar (with the December 2018 group selected) it brings up results from other month groups.  Odd!

Talking about showing... I am hoping I do not show until at least 12 weeks.  So far I think I look about the same with maybe a bit more softness in the tummy area than usual and I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow.  I'm not telling people at school/work that I am pregnant until around 10 weeks and I am going to Ireland with some friends around week 11.  My clothes better still fit!  I'm a FTM so I'm hoping that's the case.  Then I'm hoping I start showing real fast because I have a wedding to attend around 16 weeks... and I don't want to just look like I've gained a few.  I know I basically have 0 control over this and it doesn't really matter, just thinking about it.  When did you show with your first? 

Hm is this a question that should go in the question thread rather than randoms?  I like to live on the edge so I'm leaving it here.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd It's under the questions thread!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @kadeephd I think with my first it wasn't until 20w that I was noticeably pregnant, and even that was hit or miss. I went through airport security at about 20w and opted for a pat-down instead of the scanner. The woman patting me down was like, "you're wearing pregnancy pants?" and I was all, "yeah....?" so apparently it wasn't as obvious as I thought. 

I think this varies a lot depending on your body, though. How tall you are, how you carry your weight, how fast you gain, etc. I'm tall, so I don't think it's as obvious as early. My second pregnancy I started 20lbs lighter, and it was WAY obvious much earlier. IDK how much of that was to do with where I started, it being my second pregnancy, or the fact that Thanksgiving and Christmas fell at about weeks 8-12 of that pregnancy so I was just sporting a cookie belly. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • rosebud332rosebud332 member
    edited April 2018
    @kadeephd I think I was well past the 12 week mark before I really started showing. I already had a bit of a pouch so it took a little for it to really start looking different. Flowey shirts and dresses definitely help! Also, don’t borrow trouble with that bridesmaid dress. I had to fit in one when I was pretty far along and let’s just say I was lucky it was empire waist. It was stressful worrying if I bought a big enough size or they would be able to take it out enough. So, if you’re just showing a little bit by then it’ll probably be easier in the long run!

Eta: Just reread your comment. Not sure why I translated attending a wedding to being in a wedding! Lol Just ignore me.  :D
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • PensiveCrayonPensiveCrayon member
    edited April 2018
    @kadeephd YOUR QUESTION GOES IN THE QUESTIONS THREAD. Jk, jk :)

Since I already revealed my face in yesterday's HDBD let me just show you pictures of 13 weeks vs 16 weeks with Baby #1:

It looks like i really popped at maaaaaybe 19-20 weeks. But even then I didn't look super pregnant.

It's funny, because the first time around I wanted to start showing ASAP, and started wearing maternity clothes probably when I didn't need to. But this time I want to see how long I can hide my belleh.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • It's funny, because the first time around I wanted to start showing ASAP, and started wearing maternity clothes probably when I didn't need to. But this time I want to see how long I can hide my belleh.
    Same, except I'm going to wear maternity pants if I find it's more comfortable, since I'm worried that trying to cram my bloat into my regular jeans for too long is going to be a dead give-away :D
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat Yeah, thanks for reminding me. I fully intended to buy some stretchy side-elastic pants to get me through, because my regular jeans are digging in like whoa. Boo!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Or perhaps I'll just transition to leggings for a few weeks. Wear sporty clothes and make people think I'm trying to get my belly under control LOL
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @AGK2015 I agree that was possibly the politest drama ever. Although, I feel like permission was given to release the snark kraken a bit yesterday, so maybe we’ll see some true snark in the future. :mrgreen:
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Give us time. The longer we're here, the snarkier it'll get. I feel like people are still kind of walking on eggshells around each other. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    @AGK2015 Oh my god that story with your husband at the pharmacy made me laugh my ass off! Hahahaha.

And @kadeephd as a FTM, as others have said, you probably won't show until you're on the later side. I don't think I had a noticeable bump until 20 weeks and was still able to disguise it with flowy  clothes. Oh, fun fact, I had to go on for an echocardiogram at 39 weeks and mentioned something to the tech about being pregnant and he was like oh, you're pregnant? I was like, my dude, I am 9 MONTHS PREGNANT, come on! Anyway, suffice to say I had a kind of small bump last time around (but an 8 pound kid! So, everyone carries differently!)
  • For some reason I thought potty training my ASD 3.5yr old and my almost 2yr old would be a good idea this week...
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MDKC14 said:
    For some reason I thought potty training my ASD 3.5yr old and my almost 2yr old would be a good idea this week...
    I hope it’s going well! 
  • k_m10k_m10 member
    And I thought I was crazy for being all bloated. I want new pants like yesterday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So we told our parents today, both over the phone because they aren't local. First grandchild for both sides. My parents were excited, and normal. My mil has already offered to move here and babysit (love her, but no thanks). Im pretty sure this is going to be a long... well... forever 
  • morgantu said:
    So we told our parents today, both over the phone because they aren't local. First grandchild for both sides. My parents were excited, and normal. My mil has already offered to move here and babysit (love her, but no thanks). Im pretty sure this is going to be a long... well... forever 
    Sounds like we have similar lives, lol. If my ILs lived closer, I know they'd both be over here or asking us to come over multiple times a week. At one point I thought, "oh it'd be nice if your mom was closer so she could babysit and we could save some money", but now I'm just glad we didn't do that. She was a daycare teacher so she knows what she's doing, but I also think she's way too nice when it comes to disciplining my son. She also (along with DHs grandma) has told us on many occasions to "go make a baby this weekend". Once when we were on vacation for BILs wedding, and we shared a room with his grandma!!!!! She said "oh I can wait outside." Umm, NO!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Ahhh, that's so horribly awkward!  I would curl up and die if DH or I's Grandma said that.  Last week when we were in KS visiting FIL, SIL mentioned to me she was in her FW (they have been trying for a while).  DH overheard and he told her, "hey, you guys have a hotel room to yourself, go get on it!"  I looked at him horrified and he said, "well, I know they really want to get pregnant, so..."  Geez.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• This app is going to be how my family figures out I’m pregnant. I keep trying to stealthy-check it, but apparently they’re more stealthy than I am. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • This app is going to be how my family figures out I’m pregnant. I keep trying to stealthy-check it, but apparently they’re more stealthy than I am. 
    Same! My kids loooove looking over my shoulder on my phone.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m so freakin grumpy and have such a hormonal surge right now. I just want to throw myself on the ground in an epic fit.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CecilB93 my MIL literally said we have finally fulfilled her life's wish. Good lord. But luckily she had NEVER pressured us before, apparently she was just really looking forward to it. It will be an interesting road from here, i'm sure. I hope they don't decide to have free reign over our procreation now
  • @morgantu @rosebud332 @clbness So my ILs were staying with DHs grandma one weekend, so we left DS with them for a night and went to my old college town an hour away from there. The week prior when we were face timing my ILs, my MIL made some comment about "you can make a baby that weekend!" I straight-up said, "nope, timing won't be right." And she got SAD!! So then, the day we're dropping DS off with them, MIL and grandma made the same comment, "go make a baby!" At least DHs aunt (whose admittedly not my favorite person, not even close) had the decency to look disgusted by their comments lol. It's this reason though that part of me just doesn't want to tell them as long as possible, but I want to tell my family and I know DH is excited to tell his parents because they're so excited for another grand kid. He even got offended last night when I told him it's weird they keep saying that, because they're asking if we had and telling us to have sex. I'm hoping after this kid they'll stop. I do want a third, but DH doesn't, so I'm hoping this will shut them up. If not, I fully intend to. I love my ILs, and I got pretty lucky compared to some, but this annoys me so much. /rant over 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• My sister figured it out immediately. She’s visiting this weekend and the first second we were alone she asked about it. So... she knows, which is good. She will help allay suspicion. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Why is the back button so horrible on the app? WHY?

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haven't been around much this week because I've been busy at work. Also, the doctor put me on pelvic rest because she found a SCH. No bleeding, but I was having some cramping yesterday. Hoping it's nothing. I go back in about 2 weeks for another ultrasound to see if it's healed on it's own. I know it's super common, it's just scary, especially with my history. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • nurse_goodnurse_good member
    edited April 2018
    I’m officially 5 weeks today and am harboring a tadpole!  
    And the nausea/vomiting decides to start yesterday at work.  Made for a looong 13 hour day.
    I showed my husband this picture this morning and the first thing he said is “why is he holding a veiny balloon?”

• @nurse_good Where's that picture from? It's really cool.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • nurse_goodnurse_good member
    edited April 2018
    @nurse_good Where's that picture from? It's really cool.
    It’s on the bump iPhone app for my weekly update!  Lots of great pictures and info!  This one was from the 3D interactive tool.  You can drag and rotate the image and see all angles of the Baby!
  • @nurse_good I sent my sister the week 6 picture and told her I was incubating a shrimp :D she said it didn’t even look like a baby, so I sent her week 7 and she was a little more on board lol. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga