October 2018 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 4/19

13»

Re: UO Thursday 4/19

• Options
    I’m craving this poutine now. Need to find some!!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    Im struggling to keep up with all the posts!

I've never had poutine but I think I need some now! 

I can understand being surprised/shocked when you find out the sex especially if you had strong feelings one way or another. I am thrilled that we were having a girl but honestly expected to be having a boy. SO has two boys from a previous marriage and then we have DS. Most of his family is boys. This will be the first girl I  like 25 years or so. Definitely shocked but not disappointed.

I also enjoy babyshowers. Not mine though, there was a lot of drama surrounding it. But I love throwing them and attending them. Sure some (all) of the games are cheesy but I guess I just love babies. Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poutine is amazing! (one thing i will say for wisconsin, always having fresh cheese curds readily available means excellent poutine is even easy to throw together at home). :smile:
  • Options
    Freshhhh curdsssss!!!!!! <3 
  • Options
    I can confirm that Costco in Alberta also has poutine. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I’m literally googling where I can find some poutine. I don’t want to go downtown Detroit for it tho!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    krzyriver said:
    I’m literally googling where I can find some poutine. I don’t want to go downtown Detroit for it tho!
    Green Dot Stables has some really good poutine, but it is downtown.

I was in Welland (near Toronto) for work a year or two ago. It's a very small city with limited options for food. I went to this small local bar and was all excited to have real poutine. I was so disappointed because the fries they used weren't that good. :(
  • Options
    @elothair our boy is so much more work than our girl!!! I totally understand! I'm definitely. Scared to have another boy lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @sammierose464 Welland is a not so fancy town that unfortunately wouldn't have good poutine! Sorry about your luck and sorry you had to go to Welland! LOL
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    We have a very small division there. I thankfully also got to go to Mississauga that same trip, which had much better food.
  • Options
    Well next time you are in the area, some of us Toronto gals can show you around ;)
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @elothair I feel you there. I remember telling my DF that I knew if this baby was a girl she would be just as spirited and wild as DD. He told me I was being ridiculous. He's right but I'm still afraid that this baby will be crazy wild like her 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Oh Facebook. I've seen an early migration that tons of people jump onto in the first tri, some that do it later in the pregnancy and others that do it after the birth. I guess it comes down to comfort level? Without a doubt Facebook opens up opportunity for more drama to unfold as a diverse group gets to know more about one another and gets closer and therefore more vulnerable. I'm still in a small group that initially formed post birth and went through multiple transitions with breaking off into smaller groups. 

In full disclosure ive made a new account this pregnancy directly as a result of the way some crazy shit went down in pretty small Facebook groups stemming from the bump. I'm back to being a lot more vague and guarded about my anonimity and don't plan to change that until much further down the road if ever. 
  • Options
    eireyeseireyes member
    edited April 2018
    My larger A14 Facebook group migrated to FB when the Bump essentially imploded. There was a lot of craziness that went on site-wide on the Bump, and it was just a mass exodus. There was a second A14 group the GBCB'd before that and created a Facebook group as well. I'm in both, but the larger group still does daily threads and posts. They're amazing.

I waffle back and forth on Poutine. I think I need to try it before writing it off, but at the moment it just doesn't sound appealing. having grown up outside of Detroit I'm a little pissed I never realized it was that easy to get!

I'm kinda hoping for a boy with this baby because DS has been so much easier personality-wise than DD. She was a better sleeper earlier on, but he's so much more independent. She is insanely fierce (which I love, but man is it hard to parent). I think I'll be a little sad that I can't use half my hand-me downs no matter what we have, but that's about as far as my disappointment will go. DS on the other hand may have a meltdown if he gets a little brother. He is adamant about wanting another sister because he wants to be the only boy.

• Options
    @elothair @hellopartyof5 too funny I feel the opposite! Part of me would love a daughter as I already have a son and it would of course be nice to experience both. However my son was so easy...and all my friends that have boys are the same. My friends with girls hahah omg...they cry/colic, don't sleep, attitudes like no other haha!

Obviously this means nothing and just happens to be how it's worked out in my friend circle...but yeah I'm a bit terrified for a girl LOL
  • Options
    @nasalot188 - That is funny because the only two babies I have spent anytime around recently have been girls- and both were adorable, sweet, and curious.  

(Obviously, my sample set is definitely not statistically significant.)
  • Options
    Having 2 sisters and a brother... I have seen how much easier my brother was! Although my 10yo sister is spunky, to say the least, and I am terrified that I would have a daughter with her personality and not be able to handle it!  I love my sister, obviously, but I give my parents major credit for dealing with her.
  • Options
    As a recovering member of the grammar police, I absolutely abhor abbreviations like DS, DD, TTC, CCCT, etc. I’m working on it, okay? ;)
  • Options
    @silverramette I find it really hard to use abbreviations as well. So I feel you.
  • Options
    Laumb11 said:
    I hate gender reveal parties. 
    My mom really wanted to throw me one and I shut that down in about a second.
  • Options
    I live in a world of acronyms and abbreviations daily. My company uses them like their own language.
  • Options
    I’m just now catching up. The last couple weeks have been insane.

I’ve only ever had poutine at Costco. It was mighty tasty! Yum.

• Options
    I live in a world of acronyms and abbreviations daily. My company uses them like their own language.
    Dude yes. Even my company name is an acronym.
  • Options
    Every person at my company has an acronym associated with their role. So you're almost known by your acronym. Being such a large company with so many divisions, it makes it easier to keep things straight though. (we have about 16k associates in the US alone, 330k+ in the world)
  • Options
    Medicine is all acronyms and I love it! It makes everything so easy!

'Why is the patient in DIC?' 'Oh because of IMHA' 'I think he needs a TTJ'

• Options
    @chyvie sounds amazing!!