October 2018 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 4/19

Re: UO Thursday 4/19

• Options

@Gizmo1231 Agreed. I can understand it... to an extent. This is my last baby and E and Z are both boys. I *love* my boys and would be thrilled to have another. But if #3 is a girl, there will be a part of me that is sad that I will never have a daughter.

BUT I'm usually hesitant to say this because some people go WAY too far with their disappointment and I can't understand that given my history. E's mother cried, literally CRIED, in the delivery room when she pushed her last child out and it was another boy. I get that you're done and you would've liked a girl, but your child is here and it's healthy... and you're sobbing over his penis? E was disgusted with her. He was SO excited to have another brother.

Someone else I knew wanted a little girl so bad that when she found out she was having a boy, she posted her ultrasound picture to FB with the caption "He wasn't what we wanted, but we love him anyway." What....?

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @chopchop25 There was the first 2 initial groups that stemmed from the bump, those were the regulars more diverse larger group of involved ladies and the regulars that were more of the snarky outspoken ones that were a smaller group. I left the diverse group I couldn't keep up with and the other group kind naturally broke off in its own "sides" after some drama.  I am hoping we only have one move from here and its relaxed enough this doesn't happen. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krzyriver Oh, yeah, that's completely not okay. Poor boy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    @krzyriver Thats horrible to say about your child wtf lady!
  • Options
    For people who have been on BMBs before- when do people typically move to FB? Is it like month 5 or 9 or what? I feel like I 'know' quite of a few of the regulars here already, but it still feels too early for FB, if that makes sense
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 in both my previous BMBs a group of Mamas moved over early... but the main group didn't move over until after babies arrived and then we had a "process" on who was able to move to the group in order to try to weed out some randos
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 I’m with you on all the random drive by threads. People are dumb. Whatever. Ignoring and moving on. Definitely not seeking out dramatic threads on other boards for fun. 
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 In my Aug 17 bmb we waited until we were late in the 3rd tri to move to FB. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been too much drama. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    @kiwi2628 We were all due in October and we switched in either August or September, I can't remember. I created the group (since everyone wanted one but no one else had access to a computer) and two other women volunteered to be admins with me. BMB members could send any of the 3 of us a PM if they wanted to join. We also had a process of who we actually added to the group. We have about 70 members in our FB group and we're still very active over there.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @KFrob That totally makes sense. I really wish I checked my FB and all my other apps a whole hell of a lot less, and I agree in the respect that social media should really not be a place for teens. Cyber bulling, drama, unrealistic expectations. I don't want my kids to have one for a very very long time if I can help it. I get sucked into my computer and everything else for work and I feel like I lose actual time with my family. I feel like if you weed out people with fake personas and you just stay in touch with those you care about its a great thing but its a very very slippery slope. I also use mine for networking with my career so I don't know that I could just ditch. (Linkedin is useful for that as well though.)

I am also not opposed to staying here per say but I would love it if we moved somewhere someday that was not thebump. Maybe something that doesn't involve our personal lives but we can stay connected and its easier to use. No clue if its a thing. I do know I plan to not not check back into the bump or whatever again if I can help it. My issue before was its hard to juggle both, and a new baby, and at the time a new job, but now its more I want to stay in touch with everyone I can if possible.

@kiwi2628 we moved around 3rd tri for others as well. Basically right before shit started getting real and pre-term babies were being born. Then the second more diverse group moved a little after.
  • Options
    Yeah, gotta side with @sammierose464 I fucking LOVE poutine, @DunkinDecaf!

My favorite kind lately has been pulled BBQ pork and fried egg poutine. Ermagherd.
  • Options
    @ninji15 our July 16 bmb is dead because we moved to secret group (or whatever it's called) on here. It's definitely not super active like this, but still active.
  • Options
    @ninji15 our July 16 bmb is dead because we moved to secret group (or whatever it's called) on here. It's definitely not super active like this, but still active.
    That makes so much sense! I was wondering. Less randos I am sure.
  • Options
    sliztee said:
    Yeah, gotta side with @sammierose464 I fucking LOVE poutine, @DunkinDecaf!

My favorite kind lately has been pulled BBQ pork and fried egg poutine. Ermagherd.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Poutine. The only truly Canadian dish! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Now I want poutine so badly... I think Costco poutine is the call tonght!
  • Options
    My BMG moved pretty early,  I want to say like 20 weeks? I don't think there were a ton, but most people left or if they were inactive were removed. Then there was the great exodus during the election and now we have a little group of 19. Not sure if the other ladies made a group or not. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I moved to FB with N15 after baby was born, but I think others moved earlier.

I have no clue what poutine is.

On the topic of “gender disappointment”. When I was pregnant with DS I had an imagine in my head of me as a girl Mom (i only have sisters). So when I found out a i was having a boy, I was not disappointed, but I wasn’t sure how to feel. After a few weeks I started to get excited though. So I guess I get being surprised when you think something will be one way, but not disappointed. 

My UO is that I love baby shoes! I know they serve zero purpose, but I think they’re so cute!
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt basic poutine is French fries, brown gravy, and cheese curd. The cheese curd is important. Shredded cheese doesn’t count!
  • Options
    So a little preface to this story. My grandparents had 2 girls (my mom and my aunt). Mom had me at 17, so I was basically a 3rd girl for my grandparents. (My papa was my father figure). My aunt told me that when she had her boy (I was 4 and my aunt 19) my grandpa was so thrown. He didn't know what to do with a boy! He of course loved all of his grandkids, but he was so used to raising girls he didn't know how to raise a boy. My aunt just told me this story right before we found out I was having a boy.
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama your Costco has poutine? So jealous! 
  • Options
    @halfanewt The joys of Canadian Costco! Although I’m not sure if it’s across Canada but definitely in BC all our Costco’s have it! And it’s apparently quite good - DH loves it. I don’t like gravy so I’m a shunned Canadian by not liking it, lol!

On the gender disappointment topic...that is largely why we are team green this time. I have one of each sex already so it really doesn’t matter to us, we just want a healthy baby, and there are reasons for wanting both at this point. But my DS has been so much more difficult than DD that I worry if I found it we were having another boy at 20 weeks I’d spend the second half of my pregnancy worrying about whether we were going to have another ‘spirited’ child (and I’m totally aware my logic makes no sense since girls can be a handful too and we just lucked out with our very calm DD!) whereas once baby is in my arms I know it won’t matter at all either way and we’ll be thrilled with whichever sex comes out!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @halfanewt We do! And it's amazing... they pile on the cheese curds (plus they have great fries) :) 

As for you, @elothair, I just don't know what to say... hahaha
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama I will concede that I love the ‘fancy’ versions - every time we go downtown Vancouver we hit up Smoke’s Poutinerie but the original version....gag.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @elothair we used to live close to Smoke's... it was so tempting to go too often, but it's SO good!
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama @elothair taking notes for a Vancouver trip now... mmm, poutine...