December 2018 Moms

UO 4/19

2»

Re: UO 4/19

• I can almost promise your baby’s legs will be closed until the absolute very end, or possibly the whole time.  Flame away.
    Bahahahaha...interesting getting your perspective as a sonographer! I asked mine a bunch of questions at the AS and she didn’t seem too annoyed...luckily I knew the sex before then ;) I did ask her if she would tell me if she found something wrong and she told me no. Understandable, at least she was honest. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • kchiquita20kchiquita20 member
    edited April 2018
    I can almost promise your baby’s legs will be closed until the absolute very end, or possibly the whole time.  Flame away.
    Bahahahaha...interesting getting your perspective as a sonographer! I asked mine a bunch of questions at the AS and she didn’t seem too annoyed...luckily I knew the sex before then ;) I did ask her if she would tell me if she found something wrong and she told me no. Understandable, at least she was honest. 
    I don’t mind when people ask questions, in fact, I like explaining what I am measuring, what I am looking at and stuff. And yeah, we can’t tell you if anything is abnormal or normal, unfortunately. Sometimes I wish I could say “baby looks good”, especially for those beside themselves with anxiousness. Buuttt...Doctor has to make that call.

edited to add: I think the majority of sonographers wait until the end to tell gender anyway. The last thing we want is Mom to start crying (happy or sad) and then we can’t scan... or have dad get pissed, get mad at US and leave the room... or parents to start fighting... yes... I’ve seen all of it. So I wait until the end and high tail it out of there if it’s not what they wanted lol
  • Loading the player...
  • If people want to do (non elaborate) gender reveals I don't mind too much (it's not for me, but whatever floats your boat) BUT I find it super weird when it's phrased like, "will it be trucks or tiaras? Football or fairy princesses?" Like...kids, even at 1 or 2 are so much more individualized and complex than that!  My daughter is *obsessed* with planes, trucks, trains, helicopters - basically anything that's fast and loud. She also loves pink and purple and wearing my necklaces. She has no interest in baby dolls, climbs like a monkey and is fearless, but she also *hates* if her clothes get dirty and is extremely picky about her "look." Kids are so much more than gender and it's so weird how determinative people think it will be re: interests or personality. Kids are kids. Babies are babies. They'll like what they like and be who they'll be, gender aside.
    "Guns or glitter" is probably the worst I've seen. 
  • k_m10k_m10 member
    @ay-eff or “ruffles or rifles,” or “pistols or pearls.”
    “Wheels or heels” is also pretty odd.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ewwww to all of those. While I do have a soft spot in my heart for pretty girl's clothes (which, interestingly, I didn't until I had my son!) I'm hoping to eventually have a girl so I can dress her in all those dump truck onesies and quietly resist the patriarchy ;)
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • k_m10k_m10 member
    @PensiveCrayon lmao. I love little girl clothes, but I think in the past 10 years or so, “boy” clothes have gotten cuter.
    That being said, it’s hard to find gender neutral clothes. I got an outfit to surprise my DH with when I told him. I got a gray one but Target didn’t have a ton of options.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It always annoys me that the marketed gender neutral stuff is white. No I don't want to buy white pants for a baby do you know how much they shit?
  • hkomhkom member
    edited April 2018
    @PensiveCrayon That's hilarious.  I'll probably do that too whether it's a boy or a girl.  Girl?  Monster truck t-shirt!  Boy? Flower pants!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ewwww to all of those. While I do have a soft spot in my heart for pretty girl's clothes (which, interestingly, I didn't until I had my son!) I'm hoping to eventually have a girl so I can dress her in all those dump truck onesies and quietly resist the patriarchy ;)
    The patriarchy hurts us all! Fork the patriarchy. ;) 

And I agree about the neutral clothing being all white. Equally, the boy section at Carter’s is primarily dark colours and the girl section is bright colours. Just, why?!!

I also hate onesies that say nonsense like “Mummy’s new boyfriend” or “Daddy’s #1 girl”. Barf. I also saw a shirt for a grown-ass Dad that said “a beautiful girl stole my heart ... she calls me Daddy”. No, thank you. 

Sorry. I’ll stop. I clearly have a lot of feelings on this topic. Hah. 
  • @ay-eff Oh yeah. I try to stay away from slogan shirts as much as I can.

Not that there's anything wrong with them. They're just not my jam. (Although why am I defending myself, this is UO, darn it!)
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @ay-eff Along the same lines, I hate the ones that say stuff like “My mom is prettier than your mom” or “Cute like mommy.” I’m just not gonna put that on my kid.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • I try my hardest to avoid clothes with words. Most of the time I find the sayings to be fucking weird. Especially at valentines day. 
  • We've gotten a bunch of slogan tees/onesies as gifts. Those are the ones I send to live at daycare for when she poops on the clothes I actually LIKE.

We do have a lot of pink ruffly stuff (my husband thinks it's adorable) and a lot of bows (she had next to no hair for way too long), but if Nugget got her choice she'd live in her giraffe jammies and her hockey shirts, so that's what she wears most often.
  • Also not a fan a sloganed onesies.  Why do you have to ruin something cute with a stupid saying? Although, one of my favorite onesies when my DS was 6 months old was for St. Patrick's Day and it said "Kiss me, I'm Irishish"  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• k_m10k_m10 member
    My friend’s 3 month old has a onesie that says “siesta all day, fiesta all night.” That one made me lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker