December 2018 Moms

Announcement Ideas?

im trying to come up with some fun ideas to announce to grandparents. We plan on having them all over at the same time. The only thing I can come up with is having our son write out each verse of the following poem on a notecard for each set of grandparent that they will read aloud and then having him say the last verse 

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Christmas this year is about to be EXTRA sweet,
Cause our family is growing by two little feet!

I don’t know. It seems corny. What have ya’ll thought of for telling close family? Nobody sees this baby coming. Our son is 5 1/2 and I think everyone thinks we are (were) done!!

We are due Christmas Day, so I want to incorporate that somehow.

Re: Announcement Ideas?

• @kchiquita20 That's a cute idea! I plan on telling close family soon, and honestly I think I'm just going to tell them! But I was thinking about maybe taking a picture of DD holding my ultrasound pic, or in a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big sister" to announce on Facebook and/or in text messages 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I told my parents already- we were on our way to their house and as we were turning on to their street, I texted a picture of my kids: one with my daughter next to a sign that said Girls: 1 and one with my son next to a sign that said Boys: 1 and then one with a sign that said Tie Breaker Coming December 2018. And then when we walked in they were just looking at their phones :blush: It was cute!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @kchiquita20, that sounds sweet!

My plan is to blurt it out randomly when people least expect it.

"this snow sucks"

"I'm pregnant" 
    I lol'd at this so hard.

For my ILs, we're doing family pictures with everyone sometime in May, so we plan on pulling the photographer aside and asking her to say "Cecily's Pregnant!" during a group photo so she can capture all the reactions.

For my mom, her birthday is May 25th, so I plan to send her a bottle of wine with a special label that says something to the effect of "I can't drink this right now, hold onto it for 9 months for me" or something. Then we'll have her open it over FaceTime.

For my dad, we'll probably have DS ask him to read his new I'm A Big Brother book. My dad isn't a huge "surprise" person, so low-key is better with him.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    We're planning on taking our DD to Disneyland for the first time in mid June and I thought about maybe taking a nice picture there and say something about "the happiest announcement from the happiest place on earth" but I don't know because we're not huge Disney fans or anything, we're just visiting with friends (but maybe it's still a cute idea anyway?)

With our first we just took a pic of our dog dressed in his formal wear (a bow tie) and said we had some big news. This time around, after **TW two miscarriages end TW** I do want to make it special, but not cheesy. Maybe DD in a big sister t-shirt? I don't know! (This is all a longwinded way of saying I'm still undecided, haha.)
  • asun123asun123 member
    edited April 2018
    My immediate family already knows. I'm very busy with work and my 2 son's sports that I honestly never see 'friends' so the way for me to announce will be on Instagram and Facebook. Since this is my third baby, it's not as exciting for me (meaning that I don't really even care to announce) haha. 

But I'm probably going to wait until I'm like 20 - 25 weeks and post a random picture of me and my sons with my belly kind of in it. And have the caption be something like ... "Going swimming with my boys today.. and oh ya, I'm pregnant too." (I just thought of something random. haha)

We will see how it goes.
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, my husband is a pastor and I don't think we're going to announce it to the church. I am just going to let everyone hang and guess for a bit. We will tell our students though. I don't know about facebook yet, probably I will just post family pics of me and my belly. 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My family and closest friends know, but I think when we "announce" we're going to just do a letter board with some decoration around it. Something simple. That's if we even do something. Our nearest and dearest already know, so I kinda like the idea of not "announcing" and then just being like "oh btw, world, we have another baby."
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • I don't think I'll make a big Facebook announcement this time honestly, just some random picture of my preggo belly at some point. Last time I did a specific "I'm pregnant" post with a weekly bump picture, but still nothing super big.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Similar to @gracie440 and @maureenmce, we're going to use the sibling t-shirts to tell our two kids (have the 10 y/o open her shirt first which says "Big Sister," and then ask the 6 y/o what he thinks his shirt will say - he'll guess "Little Brother" but then open one that says "Big Brother," kinda cute), and then use those as double-duty to tell my IL's; just have the kids wear the shirts over to dinner and wait for someone to notice, I guess.

@cecilb93, I'm thinking of doing the same thing to tell our non-immediate family when we see them this summer; tell them we're taking a picture but actually run a video and have everyone say, "Lexi's pregnant!"

For our general announcement, we're going to take a summery picture of the four of us spelling out "BABY" with sparklers and then put something on it like "Our little firecracker arrives December '18" or whatever. It's all kind of extra, but this is my first baby so I'm overly excited. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • CecilB93 said:
    @kchiquita20, that sounds sweet!

My plan is to blurt it out randomly when people least expect it.

"this snow sucks"

"I'm pregnant" 
    I lol'd at this so hard.
    Me too! :D
  • I’m still up in the air. 
    We’ve already told our parents. 

We did buy DS a “brother” tshirt so I’ll probably use that to tell me grandparents and my baby sister (she’s 10). 

H really wants to do another Pittsburgh penguins announcement. For DS we took photos of us in penguins jerseys with a baby jersey saying “newest penguins fan coming November”. 
    He wants to do something like that again for number 2 with DS wearing his jersey too and saying something along the lines of “adding another fan”. 

• My husband got me family outdoor family photos for a valentiens day gift but the weather has been so terrible we pushed it alllllll the way to this Sunday. But it worked out because we are going to do a regualr shoot with our son, him and I but also take an announcement photo with my son holding up a chalkboard that says "Im going to be a big brother!" (i got craft to save money and made it myself. It came out pretty cute!) 

All of our close family know but we we will tell everyone else once were out of the fitst trimester by posting thst picture.

Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Our immediate family and my work knows. I'm going to post some sort of cute picture with DS at the end of 1st Tri. Not sure what yet, either a sign or him in a shirt. I'll have to figure something out.
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• For our parents (each parental group separately), we're going to take a group "picture" (really a video) and countdown and say "1 2 3 We're pregnant!" Then catch their reactions on video. I think their reactions are going to be so great and hilarious with how excited they'll be, especially each of our moms. First time any of them will be grandparents!

After we tell family, we'll start telling close friends in person at 11-13 weeks and then announce to facebook at 14 weeks. No clue how we'll announce that yet.
  • k_m10k_m10 member
    We won’t see my parents until June to celebrate my dad’s birthday. I want to get him a “happy birthday Grandpa!” card and write a message inside like, “Sorry I’m late to the party, but I’ll celebrate with you in December!”
    My ILs live near here. Mother’s Day would be cute but it may be too early, plus I don’t know that they could keep it a secret for that long so that my family doesn’t find out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • becassidybecassidy member
    edited April 2018
    We ordered a glass etched ornament off Etsy with a stork on it that says "Baby --- December 2018" for my SO parents, because we have an around christmas EDD :)

My parents are separated, so I got my mom a "Glam Ma" wine glass (shes only 50!), and my dad LOVSE his Harley, so we got him a "Biker Grandpa" guardian bell.

Good luck!
  • My due date is NYE, so I’m toying with the idea of giving our parents party hats or something New Years related with a note from baby that they are excited to celebrate together.
  • I need to tell my mom. I don’t know why I’m so hesitant. H wants to wait to tell his parent until after 1st trimester. My mom keeps talking about her busy schedule and how she is booked through the holidays. It stresses me out a bit. I’m not sure how she will react- I know she will be supportive, but she will also let me know I have my hands full already- which is true (ds1&2 will be 4&2 when baby gets here). I don’t want to feel judged. Also I’m putting all
    this on myself and being silly. My mom is actually lovely...why am I obsessing over telling her??
  • @Activebaby Your feelings are understandable no pregnant mom wants to hear someone else talk about how busy they are or have them tell you your hands are full. Mother daughter relationships are complicated.
  • @katy0990 I love the party hat idea! So cute!!

Well our plan for telling ILs isn't going to happen, the photos MIL wants to take are being pushed back to Fall. We're visiting them the weekend of May 5th, so need to figure out something by then. I thought about just doing a Mother's Day card "from the 4 of us", but idk. Announcing our first wasn't as exciting since he was unplanned, so we want to be able to have fun announcements this time rather than nervously telling all our parents (we weren't married yet which is a big deal for my ILs, had plans to be though, and we are now lol).
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• This time around I’m just going to tell my mom this weekend. We’re going together with my kids on a road trip, so I’ll give her the news while they nap or something. I’m only 4 weeks plus some change, so I’m not ready to tell my kids yet. *TW* She knows about my previous loss, so I’d like her support again if something were to happen again. *TW* She’ll probably let my dad know right away too.

As for my in-laws, we’ll let them know at 13 weeks (last week of June). They’re already watching our kids that week, so DH and I can go on our 5th year anniversary trip. We’ll just drop them off in Big Sister/Big Brother shirts. 
  • We told our parents and my siblings already. It was rather uneventful. For the parents we worked it into regular conversation over phone calls (except SO’s mom we told in person because she lives in the same city & we see her frequently). 

For my birth father, I tried to be funny and say I was calling to borrow camping gear because years ago I called him & I asked to borrow his camping gear and he said, “that’s what you’re calling about? Camping? We thought you were pregnant or getting married or something”. (I don’t call him often). Unfortunately, he must have forgot because he didn’t get my joke, and afterward seemed very confused for the duration of the brief phone call.  

I sent private fb messages to my siblings and tried to be funny with those too. For my two sisters I’m closest to I sent a serious of baby themed riddles in a group chat (they knew we were ttc), followed by q- “what is an aunt”, a- “You is”. For my brother, I sent “want to hear about my forced sobriety?”, he fell for that, so it was pretty funny. (He’s my craft brew drinking buddy sibling). Finally, my youngest sister, I sent “here’s a picture of a thing I peed on”- followed by pee stick photo. 
  • I think for my parents I'm going to get a double photo frame and do one photo of my son and hopefully an ultrasound photo on the other side for my mom for mother's day. (if I don't have an ultrasound by then I'll print a random one off the internet. Same effect, and yes I will totally own it and tell her it isn't real) for my husband's family we are going to see them on the 5th for my SILs birthday and I have abig brother shirt for my son to wear. 
  • @nerdeebird Just wanted to say that even as a Trojan, I appreciate your play on words :p. DH is a Bruin so ours is a house divided - but the baby will be a Trojan :)

AFM, I don’t think I’ll make any sort of announcement till the baby’s born.  Though I guess I’ll have to start telling people once I very obviously start showing.  No fun, I know.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @artemis *waves* I'm a Trojan too! :)
  • ScootsMcGScootsMcG member
    edited April 2018
    As this is number 4 and I basically can't keep a secret, I'll be employing the technique of @gwynneddlesliegrace.  It's genius!!:)
  • ebk20ebk20 member
    @Activebaby I felt the exact same way before I told my mom. She just bought a condo in Florida and spent most of the winter there this year. I couldn't help but feel like I was ruining her plans because I know she will want to be here when the baby comes and the next couple months...
  • For my Dad's birthday, we framed a picture of our blastocyst they gave us prior to transfer in a Baby's First Christmas frame and wrote the due date.  It took him a minute to get it, probably more confusing since it wasn't a normal ultrasound pic.

Once we make it to second trimester we'll do a social media announcement, probably utilizing all the IVF needles and a "Love & Science" type onesie.  Also considered doing something with our dogs instead, but I don't think they would cooperate.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • @mommythlegend I love the LEGO announcement!
  • ab_canadaab_canada member
    edited April 2018
    My husband and I are fans of two rival hockey teams, which has been a bit of a joke from the start. So when it's time to announce to our friends, we are going to post a picture of both our jerseys and a baby  Team Canada jersey in the middle with a "new hockey fan coming Dec 1" (or whatever is the due date -dating/viability ultrasound tomorrow, so we will see! getting anxious for that one.. )

• Oddly enough I am telling my best friend before anyone. She and I have been planning her wedding since high school and she just got engaged ( she is 37). They are thinking 12/8, my due date is 12/20 so....there's that...We haven't even told the grandparents yet. My first thought after getting the BFP was, "OMG she is going to KILLLL me". I guess if she does I won't have to worry about how to tell anyone else...lol
  • mckcak23 said:
    (if I don't have an ultrasound by then I'll print a random one off the internet. Same effect, and yes I will totally own it and tell her it isn't real)
    If you do print a rando, I would markup in red text "PENDING" or "COMING SOON" so that the message is more important than the photo.

But if you do use your own ultrasound, don't write on it, and let the image be important.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary