December 2018 Moms

Appointments - Week Of 4.16

Re: Appointments - Week Of 4.16

•  @rosebud332 Wonderful news!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @texas_t thanks girl. It's funny, my boss could tell I was upset about something, so she bought me a concrete from Culvers (aka ice cream). She told me and asked if everything was okay, so I told her I failed my glucose test, then we laughed at the fact that she had bought me ice cream, lol. FFC - I fully intend to eat it tonight...

@rosebud332 glad to hear things are looking good! FX the next ultrasound goes well, too!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @cecilb93 that was nice of her, but hilarious and ironic. Enjoy it! You will be fine

@rosebud332 Thank goodness for a good US!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Hey all. I'm still bleeding. I heard from the Dr that my hcg was at 251 and my progesterone was low so he game me suppositories and I will redraw the hcg tomorrow. He said 251 indicates 4-6 weeks and we won't know anything until the redraw. While I understand logically that it is about the doubling more than anything it just feels like a really low starting number. I won't get the results till Thurs around 12. 
  • Thinking of you and hoping for nice high numbers tomorrow @mckcak23
  • @mckcak23 how far along are you?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• All of the good vibes to you @mckcak23
  • @texas_t supposedly 5 weeks 5 days. 
  • @mckcak23 Thinking of you and hoping for the best. I know it's hard, but try not to compare your numbers, they can vary widely from pregnancy to pregnancy. Keep us posted - sending you tons of good thoughts!
  • @mckcak23 Sendjng all the good thoughts to you. I don’t think that’s a low number for 5.5 weeks. And it’s all about that second number. Hang in there and keep us updated. This has got to be so hard for you. I’m praying for you and your precious little one. 
  • Thinking of you, @mckcak23
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Fx for you @mckcak23. Hang in there 
  • @mckcak23 Crossing everything for good numbers tomorrow. Thinking of you, and hope you can get some rest tonight.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • My first tiny appointment was today, at 5+6.

I saw my normal OB-GYN, but with the prenatal paperwork in hand. I peed in a cup (this particular practice requests that all preggos leave a pee at each appointment), had a quick pap/pelvic exam/breast exam, and gave some blood (progesterone, betas, blood type confirmation, antibodies, and a CBC).

I'll call tomorrow for my progesterone and beta results -while on the road for a funeral. I'm bringing my last progesterone rx in case I need them. Otherwise I'll have a vaginal ultrasound next week to peek on the sac (at 6+6), and another OB chat next month when I am 9+6. 

But of course, today is the day that my symptoms mostly disappeared! I feel great (not bloated), and the boobs are swollen, but not sore. Ugh. I keep reminding myself that symptoms come and go. It's normal. So...until further notice I'm going to start temping again to see if my basal drops to my follicular 95* :worried::cry:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @mckcak23 Sending good vibes to you!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @echo-charlietango Hope your numbers are great - sending good thoughts your way! And I had the exact same freakout about disappearing symptoms and let me assure you from my *insane* amount of google searches - it is very normal. (Also, just anecdotally, mine came rip roaring back the next day, so enjoy the respite and try not to be anxious, though I know it's much easier said than done!)
  • @CecilB93 feel free to ask me any diabetes questions! I am type 1 diabetic. I know it is definitely different than gestational but I will do my best to help. Just know that you can have a perfectly healthy pregnancy with diabetes. My son was born healthy with no problems and he was not large by any means (common misconception of babies w/diabetic moms). 

@rosebud332 yay! For a good news today!
    Me: 32 DH: 33
    Type 1 Diabetic
    DS: Born 2/18/17
    TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mckcak23 hoping for good high numbers for you!

@echo-charlietango hopefully your symptoms return to give you peace of mind? It feels weird basically saying "I hope you feel miserable" lol. I'm with @maureenmce though, I had a day where I felt "normal" aka not pregnant, and then the next day felt the nausea and dizziness again, so it may come back! 

@mittenlove86 thank you!! I'm sure plenty of diabetic women go on to have perfectly normal/healthy babies, it's just hard not to think "what if...". 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @mckcak23 sending T&Ps for some
    good numbers!

@echo-charlietango my sister thought it was insane when I was pregnant before and I told her I had to pee at each appt. 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• sheshae said:

@echo-charlietango my sister thought it was insane when I was pregnant before and I told her I had to pee at each appt. 
    Really?? My office has us pee at every appointment. I'd be more surprised if I didn't have to leave a sample each time, that's one of the ways they check that everything is okay!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• CecilB93 said:
    sheshae said:

Really?? My office has us pee at every appointment. I'd be more surprised if I didn't have to leave a sample each time, that's one of the ways they check that everything is okay!
    Same with my doctor. Although I just have to pee on a little stick that indicates protein levels in the urine. Helps them catch UTI, kidney stuff and later on, pre-e. 
  • @rosebud332 So happy you got good news!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Peeing in a tiny little cup when you're 800 months pregnant is super fun.  I pretty much peed on my hand every time  :#
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @mckcak23 FX for good news on your next beta! Sending positive vibes your way!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• texas_t said:
    Peeing in a tiny little cup when you're 800 months pregnant is super fun.  I pretty much peed on my hand every time  :#
    Same lol

Pity Party ahead, feel free to ignore my whining...
    This GD has me all scared now to eat or drink anything :persevere: I went to sonic to get a bacon toaster and ended up just getting a water to drink because I didn't know what else to do. I used to work there, so I know for a fact everything is sugary, except maybe diet drinks, and even then I don't like diet...ugh this sucks...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @littlewhitecottage Hang in there! The fact that you saw a heartbeat is *huge* and knowing you have extremely irregular cycles, everything could still be okay. I know it is so, so hard to be in this limbo - I've been in a similar situation, but things could definitely still be good. Keep us posted. Thinking of you!
  • @littlewhitecottage So many hugs and prayers. Did you set your next appointment?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Thanks @maureenmce @texas_t <3 
    Follow up ultrasound is next Wednesday morning. 
  • @littlewhitecottage ugh- sorry things didn't go like you had hoped today. But you're not out- I know it totally sucks to wait, but I'm thinking of you. Please keep us updated on how you're feeling or if you need support. 
  • @littlewhitecottage sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping today. This next week is probably going to be the slowest week of your life. Sending so many positives vibes your way !! 
  • @littlewhitecottage <3 creepy internet hugs coming your way. Hang in there. Today, your little nugget's heart was beating. I hope it's the first of many good signs that set your mind at ease ASAP.
  • My first appoitment is the 27th and i will be a day shy of 8 weeks. The suspense is real.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • @littlewhitecottage I'm hoping so hard that your ultrasound next week goes well!! I agree, having seen the heartbeat is HUGE.  <3
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @littlewhitecottage I'm sorry you didn't get more reassuring news, but I hope everything looks good next week! 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @littlewhitecottage FX crossed for a great follow-up US next week!  Hoping this week goes by quickly for you! Sorry you're going through this.
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited April 2018
    @littlewhitecottage sperm can hang around for quite a while.  We bd'ed on a Monday (bd is the right way to refer to this on here or can I just say it?), I think I ovulated on Friday (positive lh tests on Thursday and Friday), and I'm pregnant.  I think the earliest I could have ovulated is Thurs. and the latest Sat.  No other bd until late the next week.   Hoping for good news for you next week.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks so much @mag1cbeli3ver & @kadeephd And yes, I’m assuming (hoping, because it’s really my only hope!) that that is what happened. Thanks for sharing that, it gives me hope! The doctor also told me that they could be off a day or few on the 5 weeks and 5 days thing. It’s not an exact science I guess. I’m feeling hopeful just cautious and nervous. We will see I guess!